LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Best Brake Pads for Grand Prix GXP

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 03:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like GXP25 said, if GMPD told you those numbers are wrong, then they are wrong. I have them as well, and they are installed and working great on our 05 Grand Prix GXP. And as far as I know, the brake system is the same on all GXP Grand Prixs.

And now that we have some miles on them (4k or so) I can say that they really do give great pedal feel. Very little effort to get good brake power hot or cold. I have gotten a bit spirited with the car a few times (aka slightly beat the **** out of it ) and have noted some fade when really pounding on them, but not to the point that they didn't easily stop the car - just a little more numb feeling in the pedal when heavily heated up.

Dust is very low which is perfect for what I wanted out of these pads. Still too early to tell on pad life though.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:09 PM
Staging Lane

I also have the Delco's and have been very happy with them. I'll have to double check the part number I used but I got the runaround from GMPartsdirect too. They wouldn't guarantee that the pads would work on my car but I went ahead and ordered them anyway and they were correct.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:51 PM
Teching In

Oh, and I should also state that I have not heard a peep out of these pads so they are also very quiet...
Old 03-10-2010, 05:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Not Raybestos pro series ceramic, these are way too hard or just made poorly because they squeek ALOT more then most ceramics. It was unbearable.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by EmersonHart13
I put the Akebonos on last week... They better not dust a lot because the braking performance does not seem to be as good as the stock GM pads... They just do not seem to bite down as hard.
Give them time. I've had my Akebono ACT's on for about 9k miles now and they still don't dust and stop every bit as good as the OEM's. You WILL like them, because I thought the same thing after I had put them on.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:03 PM
12 Second Club

I just dropped some Hawks on mine....their top of the line...i forget what they are called exactly...got a real good price on em..I put them on before i did the rest of my tune and had them with a few hundrec miles on them before i did some high pass runs with the tuner and had to stop in a hurry....they feel great! a lil dust afterward and a lil late squeek, but after i washed her it was all good....lil dust come off well and the squeek is gone....and we are talking some HEAVY breaking...like 156 down to 30 in 100yds LOL

I also look at what isn't going to warp the rotors when applied...its a delicate balance boyz LOL
Old 03-15-2010, 02:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SidewaysV8
Give them time. I've had my Akebono ACT's on for about 9k miles now and they still don't dust and stop every bit as good as the OEM's. You WILL like them, because I thought the same thing after I had put them on.
Okay I hope so, otherwise I will be buying Hawks for my next set.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:05 PM
Staging Lane

I just called the local dealer to get the AC/Delco pads and they told me that they needed the vin to get the rite part because these cars came with so many options. WTH am I missing something? Were is the best place to get them from?
Old 03-30-2010, 04:14 PM
Teching In

Just use the part numbers I listed and tell them you know they are correct. F the VIN sorting nonsense. Obviously there are issues with that if dealers are trying to tell people those pads won't work on a GXP Grand Prix.

Front = 19108021
Rear = 19108022

I did a lot of messing around online searching for those at the lowest price but they can be found at a lot of places and any GM dealer can order them in for you, just might not be the best price. I ended up at $103 shipped for both front and rear sets.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

If he has a 2008, I think the part numbers are different (for some reason).
Old 03-30-2010, 08:28 PM
Staging Lane

Yes i have an '08. I could see asking for the vin if there were different suspension packages but they were all the same from '05 weren't they? From what i seen the only real options was stereo though i did see one with cloth interior (must have been some cheap ***). I know that there were updates in the interior no biggy.

Quick Reply: Best Brake Pads for Grand Prix GXP