LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

New Owner, Couple Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 08:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now now kids, LOL.

I just wanna throw in a K&N filter so I can at least have something better than the original dirty one. Plus they flow better so I am sure it will help a little. I am not building a race car or I would have kept the WS6.

Tranny was rebuilt and beefed up 10k ago, have reciepts for all repairs, etc. It's basically an LS4 without the BS problems.

The guy just never did a decent tune up!

Still wasted a golf VR6 tonight by quite a bit. Lots of VW lovers around here. Haha.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:37 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by hurley_21_07
Now now kids, LOL.

I just wanna throw in a K&N filter so I can at least have something better than the original dirty one. Plus they flow better so I am sure it will help a little. I am not building a race car or I would have kept the WS6.

Tranny was rebuilt and beefed up 10k ago, have reciepts for all repairs, etc. It's basically an LS4 without the BS problems.

The guy just never did a decent tune up!

Still wasted a golf VR6 tonight by quite a bit. Lots of VW lovers around here. Haha.
Good kill, man. I got a 1JZ swapped 240 the other night. No replacement for displacement.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:32 PM
Launching!

lol wow so im ignorant because i noticed a difference in response with the k&n cai?
i never expected a difference since all the crap people said about the intake, but i DID notice a difference, although not as big as say a turbo, but there WAS a difference..
if im ignorant then ok IGNORE my post..cause its just me that noticed a small gain, im imagining moving a bit more while doing 40, as opposed to standing still while smashing with the stock airbox, which when i took out just had a some leafs/bugs a bit of dirt, still saw some clean paper?
thats cool...
Old 11-11-2009, 02:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AlabamaGuy
Before you call me ignorant, note that I was referring to an entire intake.
To the intake question here you go........that's where the intake came from...

Originally Posted by CenTexSS
So you're calling people ignorant, yet you refer to fluid in the rear end of an 06 Impala, also 9rwhp on a FWD MCSS.

I did feel a difference with the K&N Intake, nothing dramatic, but it was obvious the pull was stronger.

To the OP, a new body style R32 lined up against me at the track a few days ago, it was over for him by the time he took off I treed him so hard. He ran a high 14 IIRC.
Also, the rwhp comment was meant for SSGOAT....since when the **** is a GTO a FWD car????

Also again the rear end fluid was what "I WOULD DO IN GENERAL" when buying a car, and since I DO NOT BUY FWD CARS, it is still relevant.

COME ON people seriously you all didn't eat stupid pills today.....
Old 11-11-2009, 02:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SSGoat
lol wow so im ignorant because i noticed a difference in response with the k&n cai?
i never expected a difference since all the crap people said about the intake, but i DID notice a difference, although not as big as say a turbo, but there WAS a difference..
if im ignorant then ok IGNORE my post..cause its just me that noticed a small gain, im imagining moving a bit more while doing 40, as opposed to standing still while smashing with the stock airbox, which when i took out just had a some leafs/bugs a bit of dirt, still saw some clean paper?
thats cool...

Still even with a full cai, the gains are nominal without other mods....

To honestly feel less then a 10 hp gain in any car...you either have to drive everywhere with a stopwatch or be a damn Jedi....

Sooo.... Make me a damn lightsabre.

Also back to the OP....just don't over oil the K&N and you should be ok... But honestly, save your 50 bucks and buy a paper filter..save the 50 bucks for something else... that's what I did with all my Camaros....