LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

I miss the GXP, mostly, the TURBO :(

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 01:05 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i guess i just like being different, i don't need the 4 seats or the extra room considering i took the back seats out lol, i drive the car 4000 kms a year, have another car for dd and soon will be buying a lightning to fix up as a show truck with my gf but i'm still modding this bastard child and going for 12's na and then putting a turbo on it.
I could easily get a f-body or any of the other fanboy car but when you talk about a vette or m3 everyone knows what your talking about, when i start talking about a newer grand prix with v8 from the factory i get some weird looks and it feels good knowing that i got a little secret under my hood.

it all depends, if you want to be like everyone else and take the safe easy way you mod a f-body, if you want to be a weirdo and go the hard way with an untested platform you mod the ls4. I like being weird
Old 12-12-2009, 02:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by StealthV8
I like being weird
Agreed.

Originally Posted by DP 08 GXP
no ****....you cant compare the GXP to those cars considering that a brand new GXP was $28,000 and a new BMW M3 or CTS-V which are $50,000+
I know! But I will take either of them in my garage...
Old 12-12-2009, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DP 08 GXP
no ****....you cant compare the GXP to those cars considering that a brand new GXP was $28,000 and a new BMW M3 or CTS-V which are $50,000+
When someone says the GXP is a 'Track Tuned Performance Sedan' that's putting it into that category.

I agree our cars aren't meant for racing or much modding, but as stated that's what makes one of these cars different when you see it running a good E.T. It's a longer road, but more satisfying in the end.

Mine won't ever see more than mid 13's. I'll be picking up a CTS-V when the Impala is paid off.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CTS-V's are nice my girl wants an LS2 one....I am going to get an 06 Spice Red or Brazen Orange GTO when the Monte is payed off....maybe a G8...the 6 speed auto would be nice.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bryan921SS
CTS-V's are nice my girl wants an LS2 one....I am going to get an 06 Spice Red or Brazen Orange GTO when the Monte is payed off....maybe a G8...the 6 speed auto would be nice.
I'd highly condisider the G8 if the price is right. My brother has an 09, ran 12.60 @ 108 with I/H/E/Tune on stock tires.
If he didn't have one I'd give it a thought.

In a perfect world, I'll find a used 09 CTS-V in my price range, but it'll more than likely be a LS2 Caddy for me.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JP_GXP
I know of a lot of FWD that would destroy most RWDs, before you say, "Yeah, well they can't corner fast." The track is a straight line.

But you know that is not what happens commonly. In the real world most RWD's will outlaunch a FWD and have a few car lengths lead before barely out of the hole.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah and a AWD will out launch a RWD. How the hell did this turn into a my car’s better than your’s? I love my car, would I rather have a GTO? Well hell yeah, will I ever own a GTO? Probably not. It’s been awhile since I had a car worth wrenching on (last one had a carb), and this thing is phenomenal. Am I going to build another FWD? No, but its what I have till the kids move out.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Brian396
Yeah and a AWD will out launch a RWD. How the hell did this turn into a my car’s better than your’s? I love my car, would I rather have a GTO? Well hell yeah, will I ever own a GTO? Probably not. It’s been awhile since I had a car worth wrenching on (last one had a carb), and this thing is phenomenal. Am I going to build another FWD? No, but its what I have till the kids move out.

You are correct. My point was not that RWD is better than FWD. It was merely that when talking about FWD it is somewhat asinine to try to state the exception as if it were the rule. Yes some FWD's when setup right will outlaunch a RWD car but it isn't nearly as common as the reverse. I can see being proud of your own car but sometimes people are just better off facing the facts. It will make for less disappointment if people understand where the pecking order is. Besides, you guys have some pretty cool cars as is, without having to talk em up.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Brian396
There's not a Z28 in the driveway, it's a GXP. Kids would fit in the back, and if i would have got a G8 i would'nt have 1k let alone 10k.
Thats a very vaild point.

And you guys are right about the fact that "everyone else has done F-body 9/10 sec cars" but i guess I'm just a die hard F-body fan in a W-body car. lol... I still miss my Z28..

But on the other hand, i would love to turbo my GXP and slam past many corvettes and the new camaro.....

Greg

Quick Reply: I miss the GXP, mostly, the TURBO :(