LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

I would like to apologize for the other thread. (Paint opinions, not like the other)

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 10:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

72 GP dont start this every ones being nice you no the old saying if you have nothing good to say don't say nothing.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:20 AM
Teching In

Sorry.....Just what I've observed. Just an opinion nothing more.

Did I say something bad?
Old 12-20-2009, 11:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Cool!!
Old 12-20-2009, 09:06 PM
Banned

How was I trolling? What you posted here is trolling. And what are the other times I have 'trolled?'

As for the rear bumper cover, that was a temporary patch, I plan on purchasing an SE bumper. Like said before, I have a friend that is a painter, so all I have to do is buy the paint. I know I SHOULD HAVE done it right the first time, but I didn't, oh well. I'm gonna be sanding it myself, maybe a couple of other friends.

Doubt he's gonna gut it to paint it, being my DD it's gotta be done rather quickly, which is why I bombed it in the first place. Don't think he's used single stage either, may have to use PPG.

And for the record, I never said the Alero like bad, that I recall, I applaud your skill and work, just not a fan of the tails or the rims, but to each their own.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ok im not talkin about "gutting" to paint it, im talking about removing all the moldings, door handles, mirrors, front and rear winshield moldings, both bumpers, tail lights, deck lid off, and take all parts off the deck lid

i would take the doors off, remove the body side weather stripping, cut in the jambs first and the deck lid, and the doors, put the doors back on, then keep preping the out side

does this guy have any expereince with singel stage?? if he doesnt its not a easy thing to pick up on while hes painting your car,

i would go buy a good D.A., like a national detroit and then a hutchins d.a. 6 inch, hook it or stick it pad doesnt matter, cut it down with 120/180/ your going to have allot of sanding to do, and the rattle can crap is going to gum up the paper so be prepared to buy allot of d.a. paper

do it right this time around you will thank me in the long run

when your ready pm me for my number so i can give ya a hand via phone

Last edited by bdyman; 12-21-2009 at 06:21 AM.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:05 PM
Teching In

Since the other thread was locked- I just wanted to post that I absolutely love the look, I think it looks great!
Old 12-23-2009, 08:17 AM
Staging Lane

BDYMAN is right about creating extra work once you decide to "do it right," but what is done is done and you should go from there.

I think it would look SICK if you did the flat black with gloss black accents. Maybe gloss black racing stripes or something. That would look so snotty and unique. i will try to find an example, but I would love to see this done on this body style.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:23 AM
Staging Lane

Here ya go... I think this would look amazing on the GP