LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

quick question for the guys with HP tuners.

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009 | 05:20 AM
On The Tree

Default quick question for the guys with HP tuners.

Hey just got the tranny in gonna install it today been so damn busy haven't had time to learn how to tune it properly for the new 3.29 gears and the 3500 stall. Just need to know if ya'll can point int he right direction of where I need to read ect if anyone has some links bookmarked for tuning the 4T65E or if anyone already knows what needs to be changed just lemme know and I can fine tune once everything is up and running.
Old 12-24-2009 | 10:16 AM
TECH Resident

Sorry i cant help you but i will bump your thread
Old 12-24-2009 | 10:24 AM
TECH Regular

You can use the auto scaling feature to get your shift points and revs/mile to change. It says that we have 3.29s, and so you have to use 3.69 (or something very close to that) as your new final drive. If you PM me with your email, I'll send you my base cal, my cal right after the swap, and my current cal so you can see the direction I went with shift pressures etc. I don't know what you could do to make it respond to the higher stall better, but you'll probably want to keep the TCC mostly locked for cruising and normal driving to keep the heat down in your transmission. With your cam you'll probably want to bump my shift points up a bit too, but maybe not.

For other sources, check the HP Tuners Forum V6 transmission section.
Old 12-24-2009 | 01:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by nmp0098
You can use the auto scaling feature to get your shift points and revs/mile to change. It says that we have 3.29s, and so you have to use 3.69 (or something very close to that) as your new final drive. If you PM me with your email, I'll send you my base cal, my cal right after the swap, and my current cal so you can see the direction I went with shift pressures etc. I don't know what you could do to make it respond to the higher stall better, but you'll probably want to keep the TCC mostly locked for cruising and normal driving to keep the heat down in your transmission. With your cam you'll probably want to bump my shift points up a bit too, but maybe not.

For other sources, check the HP Tuners Forum V6 transmission section.
yea pretty much what I've done so far after doin a bit of searching on HPtuners forums but I'll still take a look at your tune just for fun, my shift points are already 6500, for dyno runs I'm gonna bump upto 6750 so can make sure I hit peak HP. I PM'd e-mail to ya thanks for the advice.
Old 12-24-2009 | 03:24 PM
TECH Regular

Email sent.

When I was talking about shift points, I was refering to part throttle stuff. You'll see that you hit 3->4 at 44, and with my agressive TCC tables it will slip the TCC to hold RPMs at 1400-1500. I'm not sure how much your cam likes low revs. I'm not done playing with stuff, but I really my TCC and shift pressure settings right now. I set mine up with some torque management in normal mode (Drive) and none in performance mode (Tap Shift for me) to help save the trans.

One thing I still need to do, and you should too, is drive with a GPS and tweak your gear ratio or pulses per mile to get the speedo dead nuts. I suspect that I'm going a little faster than my speedo shows.

Quick Reply: quick question for the guys with HP tuners.