LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Oil pressure problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 06:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The parts stores carry special oil pressure sensor sockets.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just changed mine out - DoD is back.

Wanted to report that I used the part I linked earlier because the OP didn't answer my question.

The job took less than 10 minutes total, with the biggest issue being the removal of the screen. You need a 27mm deep well to change it.

The AZ part posted in my like appears to be made by the OE manufacturer - it did have a different GM P/N on it, but still worked. If I have a problem again with it I will just buy the GM part.

BTW - the screen is a plastic / metal assy that costs $6 from GM and is not an off the shelf part. I don't think you need to buy a new one as it is a cleanable type. I changed mine because I bought a replacement and it wasn't worth the hassle to return it.

Must fail a lot because my local store had 2 on their shelf. I was losing .10 / week in mileage with the DoD not working. If anyone wants to disable theirs, you can have my sensor, but it will throw the CES light. Maybe just unplug it as a cheap fix.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:46 AM
Staging Lane

I got this code myself a few weeks back. Replaced the Oil Pressure Switch as well and the remote start came back on. I had to use the part from an 06, not an 05. Autozone part number: PS340. Sucks, because it was $40 as opposed to $15.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:39 PM
Teching In

Add me to the list. I had two incidents where the Low Oil Pressure warning came on for a few seconds within a couple of weeks. Had set a DTC as well.

At the dealer now and they replaced the switch. 59k on my 07 Impala

Quick Reply: Oil pressure problem