LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Death!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 01:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CenTexSS
I don't know what's bad about the new v6 camaro. Low 14s and about a 100mph trap is stout for a v6
everything is wrong with a v6 camaro. its like a chick with a nice body and a beard. yeah shes chick with a nice body but dude she has a ****** beard. yeah its a camaro its 300 horse but its got a ****** v6. its not cool. to each there own. id rather have no camaro then a have a v6 one.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:42 PM
Staging Lane

It would be fun to take on one of those with my SS!
Old 03-02-2010, 04:45 PM
Teching In

Yes they are for sure easy kills. I barely have any perf. mods done to my car and I have beaten a v6 no problem. First gear 25mph roll, manually shifting we're side by side, once I hit second gear I pulled from their on out.

Originally Posted by Vectus
By.... Me heh heh.
My victim... new gen Camaro. Not SS, but still curious to see what the LS could do since its putting out 300. Left if behind by two car lengths, brand new no plates yet so i'm sure i hurt that guys feelings hahah..
Old 03-02-2010, 05:01 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TheMonteMan
everything is wrong with a v6 camaro. its like a chick with a nice body and a beard. yeah shes chick with a nice body but dude she has a ****** beard. yeah its a camaro its 300 horse but its got a ****** v6. its not cool. to each there own. id rather have no camaro then a have a v6 one.
Would you rather drive a slower V8 powered TPI 3rd Gen? Or even worse, a 96-98 4.6 Mustang GT with 100 hp less than a new V6 Camaro? A base V6 starts at $22,680 while the cheapest V8 you could get is $30,945. That's a lot of bank for two more cylinders.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by XFiveLiter
Would you rather drive a slower V8 powered TPI 3rd Gen? Or even worse, a 96-98 4.6 Mustang GT with 100 hp less than a new V6 Camaro? A base V6 starts at $22,680 while the cheapest V8 you could get is $30,945. That's a lot of bank for two more cylinders.

That was my next point. The older V6 Stangs and Camaros were complete dogs, so I completely understand ripping those.

But the new V6 Camaro out performs a lot of older V8's. Yes it's still a V6, but a performer none the less.

And the SS is obviously more desired, but 8-9k is alot.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

i dont think that thats a valid debate. your talking about buying a brand new v6 camaro as opposed to a 18 year old camaro or a 11 year old mustang.i think your not looking into the price difference. how much can a 98 mustang or tpi camaro go for? im pretty sure with the left over 17-10 grand you have it would out perform your v6 camaro. the only reason in my eyes a new v6 camaro is exceptable is if your so obsessed with the look of the car and cant afford a v8 one, your a woman, or your in high school and it was bought for you. i wouldnt run out and buy a na v6 muscle car just cause i couldnt afford the v8. to each his own. feel free to buy a v6 camaro.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CenTexSS
That was my next point. The older V6 Stangs and Camaros were complete dogs, so I completely understand ripping those.

But the new V6 Camaro out performs a lot of older V8's. Yes it's still a V6, but a performer none the less.

And the SS is obviously more desired, but 8-9k is alot.
ok new v8 mustangs and camaros out perform older v8 camaros and mustangs. whats your point? its technology and evolution. now if the v6 out performed the v8 that would be a different story, but it doesnt.
the ss is more desirable and 8-9k is a lot but its the price we pay. thats like all the guys out there that buy the ltz montes with the 3.9 and what not that made 242 horse cause they couldnt afford an ss, and then they run out and buy badges and look for **** to make it perform like the car they couldnt afford and wanted. at the end of the day they wind up spending more then it would have been if they just saved there pennies and bought the real thing.
what do you honestly think it would cost to make another 125hp and the huge torque difference between the ss car and the v6 car dont forget the wheels and other nonsense thats different? they make a blower for it. so now youve voided your warranty and manged to make 450hp and less torque then the ss for a couple grand less then it would have cost to buy the real deal. i dont know about you but i think id be happier with the bone stock v8 that can run in the 12s and has a warranty then my v6 with a bunch of **** strapped to it to make it perform like an ss that if something went wrong id be totally fucked. once again just my opinion. you dont have to agree with it. OP im sorry for jacking your thread. good kill.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jabronie78
Buying a FWD is gay!!
fixed that for ya
Old 03-03-2010, 12:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Raptor_WS6
fixed that for ya
Thank you for the troll, sir.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:11 AM
TECH Addict

RWD is gay........... ...... oh wait i have a car with RWD... nevermind i take it back
Old 03-03-2010, 11:38 AM
TECH Regular

Having been fortunate enough to have driven a manual SS and an auto LS, I think the big issue with the V6 Camaro is the 3.27 rear end used to get the highway MPGs. I think even a swap to the 3.45 in the V8 would make a huge difference, let alone a change to 4.11s or something like that. The V6 pulls all the way to 7 grand without falling off at all. Also, if you were to turbo the V6 you could run with the big boys and still get great highway mileage. Personally, if was going to get a Camaro I'd go for the V8 for the straightline performance and sound, but this is definately the first V6 Camaro that I'd even consider owning. I couple guys that I know that road race actually prefer the V6 model for the lower price (in case they wreck), lower weight, better weight distribution and more refined handling.

With a few bolt ons we should walk stock V6 Camaros from a stop or a roll, and I don't think many people are going to be modding V6 Camaros for a few years until there are cheaper used ones around.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:56 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Raptor_WS6
fixed that for ya
Tuche

But a V8 FWD is less gay than a V6 RWD
Old 03-03-2010, 05:23 PM
TECH Addict

Tuche

agree
Old 03-03-2010, 06:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok new v8 mustangs and camaros out perform older v8 camaros and mustangs. whats your point? its technology and evolution. now if the v6 out performed the v8 that would be a different story, but it doesnt.
the ss is more desirable and 8-9k is a lot but its the price we pay. thats like all the guys out there that buy the ltz montes with the 3.9 and what not that made 242 horse cause they couldnt afford an ss, and then they run out and buy badges and look for **** to make it perform like the car they couldnt afford and wanted. at the end of the day they wind up spending more then it would have been if they just saved there pennies and bought the real thing.
what do you honestly think it would cost to make another 125hp and the huge torque difference between the ss car and the v6 car dont forget the wheels and other nonsense thats different? they make a blower for it. so now youve voided your warranty and manged to make 450hp and less torque then the ss for a couple grand less then it would have cost to buy the real deal. i dont know about you but i think id be happier with the bone stock v8 that can run in the 12s and has a warranty then my v6 with a bunch of **** strapped to it to make it perform like an ss that if something went wrong id be totally fucked. once again just my opinion. you dont have to agree with it. OP im sorry for jacking your thread. good kill.

The point is, it's a solid car even though it's a V6. You were trashing it simply due to it having a V6. If it were the weak sub 200 horsepower V6's that were in older Camaros - I'd completely agree. But it's a V6 that prduces nice power numbers, that makes a decent performer for a vehicle with a V6.

But I'd never buy a new camaro anyways, V6 or V8.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:24 PM
TECH Resident

i dont think that thats a valid debate. your talking about buying a brand new v6 camaro as opposed to a 18 year old camaro or a 11 year old mustang.i think your not looking into the price difference. how much can a 98 mustang or tpi camaro go for? im pretty sure with the left over 17-10 grand you have it would out perform your v6 camaro. the only reason in my eyes a new v6 camaro is exceptable is if your so obsessed with the look of the car and cant afford a v8 one, your a woman, or your in high school and it was bought for you. i wouldnt run out and buy a na v6 muscle car just cause i couldnt afford the v8. to each his own. feel free to buy a v6 camaro.
Oh OK, maybe I misunderstood your comment about V6s being gay and assumed you would rather have any V8 over a V6. Price notwithstanding, I think these V6 Camaros are pretty stout and with a ring and pinion change they could run right with our LS4s. I probably wouldn't buy a new Camaro either, at least not a new one.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Tuche

agreed
Old 03-03-2010, 11:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nacho SS
Thank you for the troll, sir.
your welcome, Nachoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

now that was hilarious movie
Old 03-04-2010, 12:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Oh OK, maybe I misunderstood your comment about V6s being gay and assumed you would rather have any V8 over a V6. Price notwithstanding, I think these V6 Camaros are pretty stout and with a ring and pinion change they could run right with our LS4s. I probably wouldn't buy a new Camaro either, at least not a new one.
if its your daily driver its one thing if its your real car its pretty gay. i wouldnt set the bar at an ls4 car though. theyre people movers and always have been when i think of a monte or a grand prix even in the 70-73 with a big block or a 400 i think of a luxury sport coupe not a muscle car and i wouldnt want my camaro to be competing with that with a gear swap. camaro, firebird, mustang those are supposed to be muscle cars and if you didnt want a muscle car and you wanted a peppy v6 then go buy a genesis coupe. it maybe stout for what it is but its still soft like bread.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:24 AM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would almost go with a V6 5th gen camaro. The problem is massive torque management in stock form. I read that the 3.6 is already forged as well, not sure of the validity of that statement, but you can see where that goes if true...
Old 03-04-2010, 12:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

im all for being different but if your drag car is a fwd v8 thats gay, but different! but if your drag car is a na v6 camaro or mustang you are by far gayer! if i have offended anyone here i apologize, but its true. im all for daring to be different, but if the line isnt drawn somewhere we'll all be dragging our fwd electric 4 door japanese electric cars, and a man just has to have his limitations.

Quick Reply: Death!