LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Update GXP caught fire

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 11:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Update GXP caught fire

Just letting everyone know the update on my 06 GXP that caught fire back on Feb 15th and THERE IS NO UPDATE!!!! My car still has not been repaired from GM. After I finally got a Claims Rep from the GM corp office he needed pics of the damage so called the dealership for pics. Dealership took a week and a half to get the pics to the claims rep because the the idiot at the dealership didn't know how to send pics off his cell phone thru email!!! I was pissed!!!! told the guy at the dealership to go to the autobody department get there digital camera and get the pics sent that day to the caims rep. Now the caims rep has informed me that the engineering department has to make a determination and then from there is has to go to GM's legal department. This happened on Feb 15th and who the hell knows when GM will or if ever decided to repair car and give it back to is customer. I will never in my life ever purchase another General Motors Vehicle as soon as this damn isssue is resolved the thing will be sold!
Old 04-13-2010, 11:52 AM
TECH Addict

sounds like a curse from hell, good luck man. i wouldnt buy another GM if i were you either!!
Old 04-13-2010, 12:09 PM
Launching!

Sounds like another satisfied Ford owner... lol...

dbrink77 - yeah man that sucks. I've been on the other side and it can be confusing and take time, but that is a VERY rare instance and basically means somone dropped the ball.

As far as the Ford joke... I was involved in Ford warranty for many years (not anymore) and never saw anything as bad as what you're going through.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dbrink77
Just letting everyone know the update on my 06 GXP that caught fire back on Feb 15th and THERE IS NO UPDATE!!!! My car still has not been repaired from GM. After I finally got a Claims Rep from the GM corp office he needed pics of the damage so called the dealership for pics. Dealership took a week and a half to get the pics to the claims rep because the the idiot at the dealership didn't know how to send pics off his cell phone thru email!!! I was pissed!!!! told the guy at the dealership to go to the autobody department get there digital camera and get the pics sent that day to the caims rep. Now the caims rep has informed me that the engineering department has to make a determination and then from there is has to go to GM's legal department. This happened on Feb 15th and who the hell knows when GM will or if ever decided to repair car and give it back to is customer. I will never in my life ever purchase another General Motors Vehicle as soon as this damn isssue is resolved the thing will be sold!
That sucks man. I love GM, but it's frustrating when I hear stories like this.

Since this has to go through GM's legal department, perhaps you should consult an attorney to find out what your rights are in this situation. It's usually free to talk to an attorney the first time, so you have nothing to lose.

Last edited by LS1 Racing; 04-13-2010 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

i agree on speaking to a lawyer about this.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:37 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by themonteman
i agree on speaking to a lawyer about this.
x3 . .
Old 04-13-2010, 03:33 PM
TECH Resident

speak to a lawyer and try to get some media attention in anyway.. One big thing in the media is all the stories about toyota and some other brands having quality problems so if you find the right person you may get some attention and pressure gm into doing something.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:55 PM
Staging Lane

Try 1-800-462-8782.

I found that random number online after getting our GXP back from the dealer, who needlessly (@1600+ bux) replaced the radio/nav and then told my wife Get Over It, AM is on its way out so sorry!

I was pissed to put it mildly, because of
A.) Attitude and
B.) Laziness and
C.) Wastefulness and
D.) Problem was worse not better.

GM chose to escalate the issue, I had merely called to see what my options were.

I got a great case manager named Asom (sp?) who followed this issue and called me every few days.
I believe the dealership saw the light after they felt the heat. FINALLY they installed a modulator and the AM is fine.

Without factory heat, I'd have been fighting the 70-IQ ******** at the dealership for months, I'm sure.

Good luck, escalate this puppy up the chain of command until someone at GM wakes up.

This is how they wormed themselves into bankruptcy.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You're not the only one: https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls4-front...p-tonight.html
Old 04-13-2010, 07:29 PM
Staging Lane

i work at a delaership, and they can be so slow about stuff...
Old 04-14-2010, 07:44 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by StealthV8
speak to a lawyer and try to get some media attention in anyway.. One big thing in the media is all the stories about toyota and some other brands having quality problems so if you find the right person you may get some attention and pressure gm into doing something.
Toyota = Japanese
Chevrolet = Obama owned

See the difference?
Old 04-14-2010, 10:44 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by indynotch50
Toyota = Japanese
Chevrolet = Obama owned

See the difference?
Dude FOX news would love any kind of **** to blame on Obama.. The **** that fox news makes up, i'm sure they could somehow connect Obama and GM cars catching fire and then say it was all part of his plan HAHAHA. Maybe they can connect it to healthcare lol