LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

There going IN!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010 | 08:07 AM
Teching In

If the MAF sensor plug is loose or unplugged it will definitely throw the traction/ stability control light and the check engine light. The remote start will not work because the check engine light is on.
Old 05-03-2010 | 08:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1CL3ANSUP3RSPORT
Well just took her for a spin,and I started to hear the whistle so I can be added to the list...

Well already disconnected the battery and the check engine light and stabiltiy control light is off now,and first thought was to double check the plugs and wires and all were good.I think I have a hard code cause the remote still doesn't work(no check engine light on either)

Autozone around here doesn't do it anymore,but my co worker has one and I have to wait till tomarrow...
what happens when you add headers is the car goes lean because you are adding more air but not anymore fuel, soooooo the computer learns to compensate however it's not so great at making large adjustments so you run rich. Either you knocked some wires loose or it's your catalyst efficiency code, which will be cleared up once you get you're tune right. My money on on loose wires.
Old 05-03-2010 | 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by williamGT
Oh okay, hope everything works out for you.
Originally Posted by blakss
well the engine light = its riding to lean..
the remote start not working = because the engine lights on.
and the traction control = idk. it could be ur plugs are loose..
just my thought ..
Originally Posted by JDMC5
what happens when you add headers is the car goes lean because you are adding more air but not anymore fuel, soooooo the computer learns to compensate however it's not so great at making large adjustments so you run rich. Either you knocked some wires loose or it's your catalyst efficiency code, which will be cleared up once you get you're tune right. My money on on loose wires.
Well like I said in the begining of my post,car ran fine when running open header no check light NOTHING.Soon as I came home from the exhaust shop ,and waited at the light both stablitiy and check eningine came on...I disconnected the battery and no lights popped up,but my remote start doent work still and there is no check engine light...

Last edited by 1CL3ANSUP3RSPORT; 05-03-2010 at 10:03 PM.
Old 05-08-2010 | 09:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default open header

Here is a vid of me running open header on a lonely street with no traffic and NO kids anywhere...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k9j_2bwB8k

Enjoy,I know I did lol
Old 06-26-2010 | 10:23 AM
Launching!

Thread resurrection!
Did you ever get this worked out?
Old 06-26-2010 | 10:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by indynotch50
Thread resurrection!
Did you ever get this worked out?
LOL,yeah got it worked out...Like a dumb a** I left o2 extension loose not zip tied
And it was hitting the collector and melted the plactic not the wires...Now I got it tied up and probs...
Old 06-26-2010 | 10:38 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1CL3ANSUP3RSPORT
LOL,yeah got it worked out...Like a dumb a** I left o2 extension loose not zip tied
And it was hitting the collector and melted the plactic not the wires...Now I got it tied up and probs...
gotta love the cheap fixes
Old 06-26-2010 | 11:37 AM
Launching!

What about the "whistle"

And do you have to get the extensions?
Old 06-27-2010 | 12:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 94ss06gxp
gotta love the cheap fixes
,always the best...

Originally Posted by indynotch50
What about the "whistle"

And do you have to get the extensions?
Header wistle I hardly hear now,unless I have my radio turned down and windows open.Since its getting hotter in SoCal I normally cruise with the air on for the kids,and I don't hear anything but my kids ,radio,and a/c of course...

As for the power compared to stock, I'll deal with the wistle maybe just wrap the flex pipe..

As for the O2 extension,it comes with the headers...