LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Impala still in the shop, but got my power steering hose recall letter!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 04:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Impala still in the shop, but got my power steering hose recall letter!

So, Thursday was 3 weeks for my Impala being at the dealer getting the trans rebuilt

I got a voicemail on Wednesday evening from the service writer asking me a couple of questions, because the car was put back together but wouldn't start. Turns out they had missed a ground wire. Anyway, I then come home to a letter from Chevrolet telling me that I need to bring the car in to get the power steering hose replaced!

So, I call the service writer back and told him about the recall letter, and he spoke with the tech who was VERY unhappy because he had that same hose out of the car with the transmission!

Anyway, the long and the short of it is, I get the car back on Monday with a rebuilt tranny, a new torque converter, and the replaced power steering hose!

I'm so glad this is almost over!
Old 04-30-2010, 05:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats man. You must be happy it's almost over. I am still waiting for my trans. and at the same time I am going to put the headers on. Today I put on a FasterProms ported intake and smoothed out my throttle body spacer to get rid of that annoying whistle. It took me a few hours to do both jobs but it was well worth it. This was the first time I have ever replaced a plastic intake too. Wasn't too bad.

-Mike
Old 04-30-2010, 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

That sucks for the tech, but he still gets paid for it so he'll be fine.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mgpeagle
Congrats man. You must be happy it's almost over. I am still waiting for my trans. and at the same time I am going to put the headers on. Today I put on a FasterProms ported intake and smoothed out my throttle body spacer to get rid of that annoying whistle. It took me a few hours to do both jobs but it was well worth it. This was the first time I have ever replaced a plastic intake too. Wasn't too bad.

-Mike
Yeah. The Caddy DTS we've been rolling in has been nice, but my wife and I really miss the Impala.

When is your tranny due in? I know you've been waiting a while!

Originally Posted by CenTexSS
That sucks for the tech, but he still gets paid for it so he'll be fine.
It does suck for him, because I guess its a pretty a shitty thing to replace and would have been much easier when the tranny was out.

Oh well. At least my car won't burn to the ground!
Old 04-30-2010, 07:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have no idea when the trans. is coming....? Thank God I am a patient guy. lol...

After the headers and the trans. I am done modding... Finally. Took me 3yrs. to do it all. lol...

-Mike
Old 04-30-2010, 08:36 PM
Staging Lane

Holy **** three weeks in for a frikkin trannie? Are they X-raying all the parts?

Even the Chrysler dealer got my LHS out in a day or two. But then that was a Mopar rebuilt IIRC, still three weeks sucks. But it also had a 3 year/100,000 mile warranty.

Hope they fix it right.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

i asked my dad again if the power steering part had came in yet and he said that he hadnt ordered it yet so i just went and talked to parts myself and it was there the next day and took them 2 hrs to switch out. not too bad