LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Who's down for a SoCal meet and greet?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 12:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Well like I said ealier in the post that we should all meet up at HOOTERS,SSGoat said there a new one in the LBC and parkin structure for a lil photo Shoot.

Nacho your still down right,what I txt you last night?I'm gonna make a for sure list and hopefully everyon can make it out.

As for time I was thinkin 10am to meet up and take sum pics,then head into HOOTERS for sum drinks grub,and the "LADIES"...

1:Me
2:SSGOAT
3:Nacho SS

Ls1speed & bluprle you still down,SSGoat what's up with your boy LBSS??Let's get this sh*t crackin...
Old 06-08-2010, 01:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 1CL3ANSUP3RSPORT
Well like I said ealier in the post that we should all meet up at HOOTERS,SSGoat said there a new one in the LBC and parkin structure for a lil photo Shoot.

Nacho your still down right,what I txt you last night?I'm gonna make a for sure list and hopefully everyon can make it out.

As for time I was thinkin 10am to meet up and take sum pics,then head into HOOTERS for sum drinks grub,and the "LADIES"...

2:SSGOAT

Ls1speed & bluprle you still down,SSGoat what's up with your boy LBSS??Let's get this sh*t crackin...
Gotta check with the better-half on this.

I'll let y'all know later in the week.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1 Racing
Gotta check with the better-half on this.

I'll let y'all know later in the week.
Koo let me know bro
Old 06-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lbss said hes down like a clown charlie brown
Old 06-08-2010, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Koo,I told my co-worker to invite his friend who has a Cobalt that pretty quick from what I hear...

2:SSGoat
4:LBSS

Maybe LS1 Speed,Bluprle,anyone else down?
Old 06-08-2010, 10:42 PM
Launching!

turbo ss cobalt with tune is a beastt, makes our ls4s look bad :/
Old 06-08-2010, 10:56 PM
Launching!

ok so seems like dom has the details planned out, me and nacho are pretty much just throwing out ideas and agreeing..
so far what i got is were meeting in the parking lot here in long beach then going to hooters after and maybe a cruise after?

whats the final verdict sir?
WHEN: date/time
WHERE: lb?
WHAT: HOOTERS!, and then? lol
Old 06-08-2010, 11:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SSGoat
ok so seems like dom has the details planned out, me and nacho are pretty much just throwing out ideas and agreeing..
so far what i got is were meeting in the parking lot here in long beach then going to hooters after and maybe a cruise after?

Yeah I'm open to ideas. I'm down to see a different part of town so throw up some ideas and we'll figure something out.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1CL3ANSUP3RSPORT
Koo let me know bro
Better half says "cool" and we'll be coming down for the festivities.

Question is, should we bring the SS or GN? I ask because the paint on the GN is pretty ratty (body is arrow-straight, though) after 23 years, and I wouldn't want it to be the "ugly duckling" among all of the beautiful LS4 cars!

Maybe I need to bring the GN to show that Cobalt the true meaning of turbo power!
Old 06-09-2010, 06:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Non SS,but heard it has headers,exhaust,maybe tuned.Still waitin on my co worker word.

Originally Posted by Nacho SS
Yeah I'm open to ideas. I'm down to see a different part of town so throw up some ideas and we'll figure something out.
Well thought we get it planned out before the week came,I don't like to do things last min.But if you guys have other plans let me know,just don't want to be drivin around wasting gas.Still early enough to change plans if that's what you guys want,just thought I would throw the idea out there...

Go with what I have planned,or are we gonna change spots?

Better half says "cool" and we'll be coming down for the festivities.

Koo,ill update the list once more.

Question is, should we bring the SS or GN? I ask because the paint on the GN is pretty ratty (body is arrow-straight, though) after 23 years, and I wouldn't want it to be the "ugly duckling" among all of the beautiful LS4 cars!

GN would be sweet to see,but I've been wantin to hear the Imp with no muffs.your decision,both would be sweet to see...

Maybe I need to bring the GN to show that Cobalt the true meaning of turbo power!
No Boost for the cobalt just NA

LIST
2:SSGoat
4:LS1 Racing
Old 06-09-2010, 07:08 PM
TECH Addict

Santa Monica to Neptune's Net would be a sweet cruise.

But that's just my opinion.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Santa Monica to Neptune's Net would be a sweet cruise.

But that's just my opinion.
So down. But LBC to SM to Neptunes?
Old 06-10-2010, 12:41 PM
TECH Addict

So down. But LBC to SM to Neptunes?
Haven't done PCH that far down (LBC), but we can do it.

Any idea on time yet?
Old 06-10-2010, 07:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Haven't done PCH that far down (LBC), but we can do it.

Any idea on time yet?
Nor have I...I was thinking the time would have to start pretty early to go LBC to SM to Neptunes.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:48 PM
TECH Addict

Nor have I...I was thinking the time would have to start pretty early to go LBC to SM to Neptunes.
Not sure if LBC to Santa Monica is even a good, long drive.

From Wikipedia:
Los Angeles and Ventura Counties
PCH then enters Los Angeles County and the city of Long Beach and continues in a northwesterly direction to meet Lakewood Boulevard State Route 19 (and Los Coyotes Diagonal at the Long Beach Traffic Circle) more than two miles (3 km) from the coast. From the traffic circle it continues inland in a westerly direction through Long Beach (where it intersects with Long Beach Boulevard and the Blue Line station), including approximately one mile adjacent to the southern boundary of Signal Hill. Although bypassing the immediate coastline of the Palos Verdes Peninsula, State Route 1 retains the PCH name as it continues westerly through the Los Angeles districts of Wilmington and Harbor City (where it intersects the PCH Harbor Freeway Station at Interstate 110), and the cities of Lomita and Torrance. It then turns northerly through the cities of Redondo Beach and Hermosa Beach. Upon entering Manhattan Beach, it becomes Sepulveda Boulevard, and continues through El Segundo and Los Angeles International Airport, directly passing underneath two runways. Metro Local line 232 operates on most of this portion of CA-1.

There's a lot of boring inland stuff here.

I would think that Santa Monica, through Malibu to even, like, Oxnard would be more fun of a drive, and is almost completely coastal. This is a 45 mile drive with no city traffic, and we could catch the 101 back, or we could double back down PCH.

It's just a thought.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:45 AM
Launching!

uhh yea pch gets suuuper ghetto in long beach ahahha once you get to like seal beach it gets ok, but alotta boringness lol
maybe well meet somewere else, cruise first, and all end up at hooters..

idc were the cruise is or were it starts, but someone pick a spot to meet for the cruise, and maybe we can look for a spot near the cruise to stop by.. just a thought..
cause going from a cruise, then taking the freeway all the way to a city just for hooters is kinda too much.. maybe set up a cruise and end it at a spot to eat/meet
im still down for long beach, but if you guys want a cruise somewere else i want it to be convenient for everyone

i kinda like were ls1 is going tho..
Old 06-11-2010, 12:14 PM
TECH Addict

uhh yea pch gets suuuper ghetto in long beach ahahha once you get to like seal beach it gets ok, but alotta boringness lol
maybe well meet somewere else, cruise first, and all end up at hooters..

idc were the cruise is or were it starts, but someone pick a spot to meet for the cruise, and maybe we can look for a spot near the cruise to stop by.. just a thought..
cause going from a cruise, then taking the freeway all the way to a city just for hooters is kinda too much.. maybe set up a cruise and end it at a spot to eat/meet
im still down for long beach, but if you guys want a cruise somewere else i want it to be convenient for everyone

i kinda like were ls1 is going tho..
Totally agree, Goat.

I'll see if I can find a good meeting spot in Santa Monica by PCH. I'll post here with the suggestion when I come up with something.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:41 PM
TECH Addict

Okay, here's what I came up with:

We can meet at Palisades Park, which is on Ocean Avenue, right next to PCH in Santa Monica. It's not far from where the 10 dumps into PCH, making it easy to get to from all directions. Looks like there's plenty of parking there, too. We can then head up PCH. If we wanted to stop at Neptune's Net, it's about 30-40 minutes up the coast. If we wanted to wait and eat/drink in Oxnard, there's a BJ's at Explanade Drive and the 101. From there, we could double-back down the coast, or head back towards LA on the 101. This would make for a nice afternoon cruise.

Here's a link on Palisades Park:
http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl...49086490695572

Here's the proposed route, with BJ's at the end. Also, I added Neptune's Net as waypoint "B" on the map:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...004812&ie=UTF8

BTW- We're taking both our SS and the Grand National, and I prefer the northern route because I'm not really interested in getting my GN 'jacked in some neighborhood in Wilmington. If you guys want still want to do something LBC instead, we'll still make it, but we'll be leaving the GN at home!

What do y'all think? Is the route cool? If so, do we want to stop and chow at Neptune's Net or do BJ's in Oxnard? Are there any other ideas?
Old 06-11-2010, 01:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Okay, here's what I came up with:

We can meet at Palisades Park, which is on Ocean Avenue, right next to PCH in Santa Monica. It's not far from where the 10 dumps into PCH, making it easy to get to from all directions. Looks like there's plenty of parking there, too. We can then head up PCH. If we wanted to stop at Neptune's Net, it's about 30-40 minutes up the coast. If we wanted to wait and eat/drink in Oxnard, there's a BJ's at Explanade Drive and the 101. From there, we could double-back down the coast, or head back towards LA on the 101. This would make for a nice afternoon cruise.

Here's a link on Palisades Park:
http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl...49086490695572

Here's the proposed route, with BJ's at the end. Also, I added Neptune's Net as waypoint "B" on the map:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...004812&ie=UTF8

BTW- We're taking both our SS and the Grand National, and I prefer the northern route because I'm not really interested in getting my GN 'jacked in some neighborhood in Wilmington. If you guys want still want to do something LBC instead, we'll still make it, but we'll be leaving the GN at home!

What do y'all think? Is the route cool? If so, do we want to stop and chow at Neptune's Net or do BJ's in Oxnard? Are there any other ideas?
Thats perfect. Pali Park is awesome and its pretty much a straight shot up PCH to Neptunes. Let's do it. One vote for me.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:38 PM
TECH Addict

Thats perfect. Pali Park is awesome and its pretty much a straight shot up PCH to Neptunes. Let's do it. One vote for me.
Sweet!

What's everyone else think?

Quick Reply: Who's down for a SoCal meet and greet?