LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

nitrous and tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 09:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitrous and tune

i was wondering how many of yall are running nitrous. I have cutout, intake, and drag radials. i have been 13.9 on street tires with full exhaust. what kind of times can i look forward to with a 100 wet shot. I am also looking for a decent tuner for an 08 impala and what kind of plugs should i run with nitrous.will it be ok to run a wet shot without a tune.
thanks for any info
Old 06-27-2010, 10:33 PM
12 Second Club

def will take well! just make sure you do a few select things before hand!

1. Get ready to buy a new transmission...you can run it but, will be the death after a while

2. Get a good Tstat....160* recommended...after N2O runs LS4 FWD cars get warm....plus..you will benefit from it newayz to keep KR down from temps...just a recommendation though..

3. NO MORE THAN 1OO SHOT!!

4. USE ONLY PLUGS THAT ARE NON PROJECTED and that are 2 HEAT STAGES COLDER than your current 55's..
(NGK-BR7EF)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(GAPPED AT .032-.035)

5. Get a wideband!

6. GOOD TUNE...to your tuner: Pull 4* additional on top of star from original timing pull...

7. Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. PM me if you have more questions....there are a lot of great folks on here with a lot of good info...i can understand that you could be leary of listening to me but, ask around..and take a look at my threads...Ive been there man! ive had the pain in the butt way of trying to figure it out...a lot of guys on here have since LS4 is a step child newayz LOL...good luck bro!!
Old 06-28-2010, 02:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

I wouldn't run any amount of nitrous with the stock tune. Your trans will be fine with a small shot AND A WINDOW SWITCH. Your engine can easily handle a 150 shot and WITH TUNING. NGK TR-6's gapped at .035-.040" will work well. Lastly, you don't need to run a cooler thermostat.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i remeber there was some talk about having two different tunes if you ran N20. Seems as roskko mentioned a bit that with the max timming a tunner would try to get you with a N/A tune it would affect the car possibly very negatively when adding N20
Old 06-29-2010, 05:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

definitely, you want to retard timing for sure. There are ways to pull timing by connecting a resistor to your IAT sensor that becomes active when you power up your nitrous circuit. You pick a resistor that will put the computer at an IAT that you desire and tune those temperature cells