LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Question about projector/high beams....

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 10:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question about projector/high beams....

Question: What would be the cons of running the high beams on the projectors all the time? As you know the projectors are kind of crappy, so they aim-not any more! so would it cause any damage to run the high beams all the damn time (during the night)? I was going with a blue luminics bulb which would have the same output as the original projector high beam. Thanks
Old 07-09-2010, 09:26 AM
TECH Addict

How much money are you willing to spend to make these right? I found a set of quality projectors that should be a direct swap into the housings...for $120 ($145 with generic H1 HID bulbs...but you need to buy the ballasts and harness if you don't already have HID). They're designed for fog lights, but so are the shitty ones we have. We'll never fit (w/o considerable modification) a 3" setup from BMW/Acura/etc, so we gotta use 2.5" units.

If I ever "find" some extra cash, these are going in my headlights...

They're bi-xenon, so I would need to figure out how to wire the shield so that it flips out of the way when I turn on the highs...but I could ignore that and use my OE highs, too.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks buff, but see the thing is that the projector lights are fine. The aiming wheel seems to not work on the passenger side....ugh!! having my damn car looking cocked-eyed!! hate it!! hmmmmm I wonder can Mr. Flip correct these?? He probaly can turn these projectors into what they suppose to be!! LOL!!