LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

This should be the next Impala SS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 02:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and no there is not going to be a new Monte Carlo for the forseable future.

Though it might be a Buick..
Old 08-04-2010, 12:04 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Z28 Autobot
you guys do know the new Caprice is going to be sold to the public..and nothing like the pic above..

Were getting a large RWD sedan and it might be an SS but who knows it will have a V8 though.

This Caprice is a little bigger than the G8 and the coupe 60..thats Dead in the water for anything here right now.
Proof?
Old 08-04-2010, 11:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10
Proof?
Proof in what?

The Caprice is going to be in civi clothes too. google it its all been reported.

Its not a rebadged G8 its the bigger version that Holden has.

and the Monte is not comming back any time soon.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:29 AM
TECH Resident

Proof in what?

The Caprice is going to be in civi clothes too. google it its all been reported.

There's absolutely zero evidence or official word that these are going to be sold to the public, at least as of right now. It's all speculation and wishful thinking.

I hope they do, just because, but as of right now, nothing has been said.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

There's absolutely zero evidence or official word that these are going to be sold to the public, at least as of right now. It's all speculation and wishful thinking.

I hope they do, just because, but as of right now, nothing has been said.
hehe..just mark down 8-5-2010..thats today..I wont go into details. But its a go.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Proof in what?

LOL you keep saying that the Monte isn't coming back anytime soon, but I talked to someone fairly reputable that it is, in RWD. See, he doesn't work for any old GM dealership, he actually works at the corporate headquarters. His daughter lives across the street from me, and he visited her this past weekend. He saw that I had a GXP, so we began shootin the ****. This is when he told me that the Monte IS coming back (no dates given), and they are "possibly" working on a MC in RWD... That's all the info I could get out of him and he said that he already gave too much info (top secret??). My guess is that it'll get the LS3, or they will come up with a new motor. Since a lot of auto makers are making cars look like "retro" vehicles again, my guess is that it will look like it did in the past.

If the MC doesn't come out in the next couple of years, don't shoot the messenger
Old 08-05-2010, 05:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

i hope your right
Old 08-05-2010, 06:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

just to fuel my daydreams..

about how much do the caprices and luminas go for?

and what brand is the Coupe 60?
Old 08-05-2010, 07:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Wimimc
just to fuel my daydreams..

about how much do the caprices and luminas go for?

and what brand is the Coupe 60?
Well its AUssie Dollars.

all of these cars are comming from Holden GM's Australian car company.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Nick_Nasty's_GXP
LOL you keep saying that the Monte isn't coming back anytime soon, but I talked to someone fairly reputable that it is, in RWD. See, he doesn't work for any old GM dealership, he actually works at the corporate headquarters. His daughter lives across the street from me, and he visited her this past weekend. He saw that I had a GXP, so we began shootin the ****. This is when he told me that the Monte IS coming back (no dates given), and they are "possibly" working on a MC in RWD... That's all the info I could get out of him and he said that he already gave too much info (top secret??). My guess is that it'll get the LS3, or they will come up with a new motor. Since a lot of auto makers are making cars look like "retro" vehicles again, my guess is that it will look like it did in the past.

If the MC doesn't come out in the next couple of years, don't shoot the messenger
RWD coupe..yes..Chevy.. Not likely...Buick..is more where its going.
Let me ask you this. Way before the whole Pontiac going bye bye thing went on. When in 2006 GM brought out the Camaro concept. Where was the Firebird? Why no sister car concepts from the start for Pontiac showrooms?
Reason..The Camaro is competing with itself having the same price point car in another showroom. That GM had a problem on its hand. It had to doal out twice as much on basically the same car with two sheetmetals. Where the Mustang had one. One car more money.

Now I know your going to say ok then why a Buick RWD and not a Monte is it not the same thing? Yes but no. The Camaro is the entry level coupe from GM. Caddy has the high end coupe in the CTS Coupe. That leaves Buick in the pipe for a new car. Something that will give its some show in the showroom. We have a glimps of what Buick can do with the new Regal. Now imagine that idea on a RWD coupe.

To the new GM it has 4 divisions. With 3 new RWD coupes that will not really cross shop on one another like a Camaro and Firebird. Or even a new RWD Monte Carlo.

With the the Caprice comming to Chevy Showrooms and the new Impala comming out in a few years. Chevy really has no space in its sales for a new RWD Monte Carlo that would compete with the Camaro. Camaro sales are really good right now. Introducing a new MC would just weaken the sales.

Now with that said..the Impala that was supposed to be RWD is FWD now and green lit again. Sooo its a tossup to what the market does. GM is on an upswing. There is a new RWD plant getting up and running in a few years where the New Camaro will be built. If GM is in a position..I mean really making strides..They could just in 24 months get a MC going. On the Alpha platform. ANd yes a V8 engine but an LS3? Maybe not. It might be the new small block going into the next gen vette.

I keep on saying not any time soon..because with market share anythign could change. Could a MC be in theory at GM sure. This new Camaro was grassroots. But from what I have heard, and yes I do not talk to dealers. They are the last to talk to about future cars. No its about the ally your up in there. Buick is getting a new RWD Coupe before Chevy gets a second one.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

RWD coupe..yes..Chevy.. Not likely...Buick..is more where its going.
Let me ask you this. Way before the whole Pontiac going bye bye thing went on. When in 2006 GM brought out the Camaro concept. Where was the Firebird? Why no sister car concepts from the start for Pontiac showrooms?
Reason..The Camaro is competing with itself having the same price point car in another showroom. That GM had a problem on its hand. It had to doal out twice as much on basically the same car with two sheetmetals. Where the Mustang had one. One car more money.

Now I know your going to say ok then why a Buick RWD and not a Monte is it not the same thing? Yes but no. The Camaro is the entry level coupe from GM. Caddy has the high end coupe in the CTS Coupe. That leaves Buick in the pipe for a new car. Something that will give its some show in the showroom. We have a glimps of what Buick can do with the new Regal. Now imagine that idea on a RWD coupe.

To the new GM it has 4 divisions. With 3 new RWD coupes that will not really cross shop on one another like a Camaro and Firebird. Or even a new RWD Monte Carlo.

With the the Caprice comming to Chevy Showrooms and the new Impala comming out in a few years. Chevy really has no space in its sales for a new RWD Monte Carlo that would compete with the Camaro. Camaro sales are really good right now. Introducing a new MC would just weaken the sales.

Now with that said..the Impala that was supposed to be RWD is FWD now and green lit again. Sooo its a tossup to what the market does. GM is on an upswing. There is a new RWD plant getting up and running in a few years where the New Camaro will be built. If GM is in a position..I mean really making strides..They could just in 24 months get a MC going. On the Alpha platform. ANd yes a V8 engine but an LS3? Maybe not. It might be the new small block going into the next gen vette.

I keep on saying not any time soon..because with market share anythign could change. Could a MC be in theory at GM sure. This new Camaro was grassroots. But from what I have heard, and yes I do not talk to dealers. They are the last to talk to about future cars. No its about the ally your up in there. Buick is getting a new RWD Coupe before Chevy gets a second one.
I'm not here to argue...What you are saying makes sense. All I am saying is what he told me...
Old 08-05-2010, 08:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

ohh it could of been in the pipe of design..heck it could be still or talked about. I am sure they are considering a lot of models on the new Alpha platform.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:16 PM
TECH Resident

The internets are definitely a buzz about a Buick coupe for 2013. And if it is going to look how the speculation/concept pics suggest, it's going to be nasty.

Give me a turbo 6 please!

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2010/05...-for-2013.html
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/07/23/b...ble-and-wagon/
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2010/02/...egal-lacrosse/
Old 08-06-2010, 05:24 PM
TECH Regular

The internets are definitely a buzz about a Buick coupe for 2013. And if it is going to look how the speculation/concept pics suggest, it's going to be nasty.

Give me a turbo 8 please!

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2010/05...-for-2013.html
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/07/23/b...ble-and-wagon/
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2010/02/...egal-lacrosse/
Fixed that for you
Old 08-06-2010, 06:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks like the Caprice for police is going with the 6.0 and coming out in April 2011 http://www.worldcarfans.com/11007272...icle-reporting
Old 08-06-2010, 06:43 PM
TECH Regular

Found this about a new rwd Buick. Not a done deal though. The Chinese Park Avenue looks sweet.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...fighter-94427/
Old 08-09-2010, 11:16 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by jabronie78
Fixed that for you
Meh. lol
Old 08-11-2010, 11:10 AM
Teching In

I've heard Impala is going to Epsilom II and staying FWD. Buick LaCrosse platform.

Quick Reply: This should be the next Impala SS!!!!