LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

GXP projectors on ebay..anyone know anything more about them

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 07:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i thought the thread said output was good actually to good? i would also like to see some daytime pics.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:22 PM
12 Second Club

from what im gathering they have HID housing issues with the plastic bumping the back of the whole light housing itself...

i guess the angle is crazy stupid up in the trees kind of angle and blinds other drivers....so you need to adjust them...but you cant put them back far enough...so they are poor in the engineering dept...thats what im told by some guys...
Old 08-19-2010, 08:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

that sucks if your right. so many people have been waiting on this for a long time
Old 08-19-2010, 08:20 PM
Teching In

i have bought 4 projector kits from e bay for different vehicals and i may say junk. yes they do look good but the way they mount is very cheap and break easy. the factory ones are 100 percent better built. i tried 4 different companys for the lights and always the same outcome. very cheaply made. i will admit they look good plus also if you decide make sure you read the fine print cause i learned the hard way READ THE FINE PRINT cause most of the aftermarket projectors do not accept the factory headlight bulbs so most likely if you have hids they will not fit. the aftermarket lights come with there own bulbs and harness and from most my experinences they do not take the factory style bulbs. just a little advise so you dont buy them and get pissed cause your hids dont fit.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:37 PM
12 Second Club

Anybody have any pics or updates?
Old 09-29-2010, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DavidGXP
Anybody have any pics or updates?
http://www.gpona.com/forums/04-08-gr...rs-t20993.html

I'm gonna get a pair that I WILL get open and retrofit.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by impalass3742
i have bought 4 projector kits from e bay for different vehicals and i may say junk. yes they do look good but the way they mount is very cheap and break easy. the factory ones are 100 percent better built. i tried 4 different companys for the lights and always the same outcome. very cheaply made. i will admit they look good plus also if you decide make sure you read the fine print cause i learned the hard way READ THE FINE PRINT cause most of the aftermarket projectors do not accept the factory headlight bulbs so most likely if you have hids they will not fit. the aftermarket lights come with there own bulbs and harness and from most my experinences they do not take the factory style bulbs. just a little advise so you dont buy them and get pissed cause your hids dont fit.
There are a few exceptions.

These Spyder G35 lights actually do cater to their factory HIDs (ballasts and all):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4o_oySbbVw

Quick Reply: GXP projectors on ebay..anyone know anything more about them