LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

4 more days with the impala :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 more days with the impala :(

Well guys.. ive got 4 more days left with my Impala.. then its off to iraq... but i am gonna ask you guys for your input... drop money into the impala... or go to the TB SS upon redeployment from iraq....
Attached Thumbnails 4 more days with the impala :(-my-ss.jpg  
Old 08-20-2010, 07:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Save your money, on both counts.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:22 PM
TECH Junkie

I heard on the news there pulling out
Old 08-20-2010, 07:51 PM

yeah well we r working on it... there is gonna be far less soldiers over there... but we r not all coming home ne time soon... there is some deployment scheduled for next yr
Old 08-20-2010, 07:58 PM
12 Second Club

Good luck and enjoy the vacation. I might be going to Afghnistan next yr. Hang in there.
Get a turbo for you Impala SS, and still have some money in the bank
Old 08-20-2010, 08:28 PM

yeah man it should be intresting... going down as PSD so we will see... we r taking over for 5 brigades... sounds like fun
Old 08-20-2010, 08:36 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by angevines08SS
yeah man it should be intresting... going down as PSD so we will see... we r taking over for 5 brigades... sounds like fun
Pretty chill down there now and well converted, from what i understand.
5 brigades is huge man. Wow.. thats a big mobilization!
Old 08-20-2010, 09:58 PM

its been 14 months sence i been there but yea replacing 5 brigades is the scary part
Old 08-20-2010, 10:00 PM
TECH Regular

I don't if NachoSS was talking about the performance value of the cars or being smart with your money, but be smart with your money... Seriously, save your money for school, house, wife, etc. I only say that because several of my old high school buddies that were in the service talk about how they wish they hadn't pissed away so much money when they had free room and board.

If you want to go fast cheap, find someone else's half finished project or get a beater and fog it to death. Turbo a N/A Grand Prix, pick up a tubbed G-Body and drop in a 6.2L, score a heads/cam late model F-Body. Definately don't take a loss on your current car. The turbo kit is way cheaper than a TBSS! Plus you would dump more money in the TBSS. Plus they are heavy, unless you really want the hauling and off road capabilities.

I'm definately not against hot rodding these cars. I like my car a lot as "a jack of all trades, master of none" car that meets all of my needs and has most of my wants.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank you for what you're doing for us. Godspeed!

After you get back, I think you ought to treat yourself to a new ride. If a TBSS is what floats your boat, then go for it!
Old 08-21-2010, 12:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

I want to thank you for what your doing. The cheaper route would turbo the SS and get a beater. I have been looking into the TBSS for the stepdad and they arent cheap and not to mention you will want to do mods.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:18 AM
Staging Lane

man, good luck bro youll be alright tho its calmed WAY down in iraq. we may be hittin afghanistan up soon, but well see. best advice i was ever given is from my 1sgt "head down eyes up". beats "knees on feet together head an eyes on the horizon an youll be fine airborne".
Old 08-21-2010, 11:00 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by nmp0098
Plus they are heavy, unless you really want the hauling and off road capabilities.
Please, no. Just no...

lol
Old 08-22-2010, 04:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by AlabamaGuy
Please, no. Just no...

lol
I've never seen someone try to 'froad a TBSS. It couldn't be pretty...
Old 08-22-2010, 07:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Good luck over there - yeah we're winding down there but still need to keep your head in the game.

And on cars - I'm not a good one to ask - I always get bored and buy a new one. As far as I can remember I've always had a car payment. I do agree w/ saving your money as much as possible, maybe set a budget with "fun money" to use for beer and toys, and don't overspend it.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nmp0098
I don't if NachoSS was talking about the performance value of the cars or being smart with your money, but be smart with your money... Seriously, save your money for school, house, wife, etc. I only say that because several of my old high school buddies that were in the service talk about how they wish they hadn't pissed away so much money when they had free room and board.

If you want to go fast cheap, find someone else's half finished project or get a beater and fog it to death. Turbo a N/A Grand Prix, pick up a tubbed G-Body and drop in a 6.2L, score a heads/cam late model F-Body. Definately don't take a loss on your current car. The turbo kit is way cheaper than a TBSS! Plus you would dump more money in the TBSS. Plus they are heavy, unless you really want the hauling and off road capabilities.

I'm definately not against hot rodding these cars. I like my car a lot as "a jack of all trades, master of none" car that meets all of my needs and has most of my wants.
Couldn't agree more
Old 08-24-2010, 11:28 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by AlabamaGuy
Please, no. Just no...
Originally Posted by Nacho SS
I've never seen someone try to 'froad a TBSS. It couldn't be pretty...
You're right. 2WD, lots of roll stiffness, etc. Definately not for mud-bogging, and not even good for off-road trails. But it will get a fishing boat down a pot-holed gravel road and into the water, a popup camper down a dirt road onto a campsite, or kayaks (on a roof rack) and mountain bikes into the mountains in PA or WV for some outdoor fun. Maybe bad-road capabilities is a better way to put it. It can certainly go places and do things my Grand Prix can't, and doing a lot of those things is the only reason I'd buy one over my Grand Prix. Personally, I'd rather get an old rusty pick-up for that kind of stuff, but then not everyone puts a big cam in their FWD V8 daily driver so to each their own.