LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

woodward dream cruise 2010??

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 10:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default woodward dream cruise 2010??

whos all going to the woodward dream cruise this year?????
Old 07-12-2010, 11:00 AM
TECH Addict

http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/

website if anyone is interested (that doesnt already know about this) 40,000 classic/sweet cars and 1.5 million people
Old 07-12-2010, 12:02 PM
TECH Regular

I'll be going again this year, although I hope it's not as stinking hot as it was last year.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:38 PM
TECH Addict

past 2 years it was hott as hell!! i'll be there also. i was hoping to get together with some other LS4 or GXP guys at woodward, usually i park by the MISSL b body club with my impala, idk about this year tho.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'll be there for sure. missed you at that f-body meet BTW.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:03 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JDMC5
I'll be there for sure. missed you at that f-body meet BTW.
didnt make it last minute, the GF was in her freinds wedding. . . but i will for sure will be at woodward!!!!! would be sweet to meet up with you and nmp
Old 07-13-2010, 11:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah man I know what you mean, it happens to me often. That's why I said months in advance I'm going to the dream cruise and that's the end of it. Even if I forget and make others plans I'm going to break them and never look back..
Old 07-14-2010, 12:22 AM
Staging Lane

I am planning to attend the cruise for the first time this year
Old 07-14-2010, 01:54 AM
TECH Addict

yeah man I know what you mean, it happens to me often. That's why I said months in advance I'm going to the dream cruise and that's the end of it. Even if I forget and make others plans I'm going to break them and never look back..
hell yeah man woodward is set in stone in my plans!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by TallassJonG
I am planning to attend the cruise for the first time this year
oh man you will not be dissapointed AT ALL. make sure you go to pontiac and see some SICK burnouts.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 94ss06gxp

oh man you will not be dissapointed AT ALL. make sure you go to pontiac and see some SICK burnouts.
haha, you know about that too??? I always tell people they need to do that. That's the best time you'll have in a long time. Back in 01' I was in the street eggin people on to do burnouts when i see a cop strolling up the road. I quickly got out of the street and acted as if I wasn't doing anything wrong. Just as the cop makes his way to me a guy pulls up in a muscle car (can't remember what kind, it's been too long) and starts doing a burn out. I'm like oh **** this guys gonna get busted. he finishes his burn out and drives away tires blazing. The cop looks at me and says "that was weak" and then leisurely walks away. I stood there stunned.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:08 AM
TECH Addict

haha, you know about that too??? I always tell people they need to do that. That's the best time you'll have in a long time. Back in 01' I was in the street eggin people on to do burnouts when i see a cop strolling up the road. I quickly got out of the street and acted as if I wasn't doing anything wrong. Just as the cop makes his way to me a guy pulls up in a muscle car (can't remember what kind, it's been too long) and starts doing a burn out. I'm like oh **** this guys gonna get busted. he finishes his burn out and drives away tires blazing. The cop looks at me and says "that was weak" and then leisurely walks away. I stood there stunned.
haha oh hell yeah , we usually start just south of pontiac in the morning, cruise woodward all the way down then back up to pontiac and then we get out with the video camera and stand at the side of the road for the rest of the day and watch burnouts.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:05 AM
TECH Regular

I like the shows around 12-13 mile too, especially once all of the late models take over in the afternoon. I think I stared at a bone stock Ford Anglia for 15 minutes last year. It was the first one that I had seen without a mouse motor in it. We'll definately have to meet up.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:25 AM
TECH Regular

I remember this one year me and my buddies went. There was this guy in a Bronco and he was doing neutral slams and we hear and see this loud pop. Guy blew out his rear axle.

Aug 1 there is a Gratiot cruise. It's kind of nice cause it isn't as big but you still see some nice cars.

http://ctgratiotcruise.com/
Old 07-14-2010, 05:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah I usually like to check the whole thing out. There's lots of nice stuff in the royal oak/ birmingham area. I usually like to check out pontiac at night because I know the fun police come around early in the "nice" area. I didn't know they did burnouts in the middle of the day in pontiac though. That's nice to know.

I use to live right off of 16 and gratiot, that is a nice cruise as well. I remember mount clemens back in the day use to get KRAZY but that was about 13 years ago.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:07 PM
TECH Addict

yeah I usually like to check the whole thing out. There's lots of nice stuff in the royal oak/ birmingham area. I usually like to check out pontiac at night because I know the fun police come around early in the "nice" area. I didn't know they did burnouts in the middle of the day in pontiac though. That's nice to know.

I use to live right off of 16 and gratiot, that is a nice cruise as well. I remember mount clemens back in the day use to get KRAZY but that was about 13 years ago.
yeah i was 7 .....its nice how slow the traffic flows in some parts on woodward so you can actually check out alot of the cars parked on the side.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:20 AM
Launching!

Years ago when I was in college in Michigan I would go with my friends every year to the dream cruise. With kids and all I won't be making it back for a few years at least.
It was amazing though to see all those people / cars. At one point there was a yellow 360 ferrari in front of us, a red one behind us, and 2 BRAND new modified ACR vipers racing the opposite direction... That was within minutes of me going for the first time... Can someone say hooked?
Old 07-15-2010, 07:35 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by indynotch50
Years ago when I was in college in Michigan I would go with my friends every year to the dream cruise. With kids and all I won't be making it back for a few years at least.
It was amazing though to see all those people / cars. At one point there was a yellow 360 ferrari in front of us, a red one behind us, and 2 BRAND new modified ACR vipers racing the opposite direction... That was within minutes of me going for the first time... Can someone say hooked?
i know im hooked
Old 07-15-2010, 10:41 AM
TECH Regular

That's the one thing that kind of pisses me off about the cruise. It's a dream cruise, supposed to be old cars. I really don't want to see SRT Neon's, Dodge Omni Glh's and old Monte Carlo's on 28's. That's just me though.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:05 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jabronie78
That's the one thing that kind of pisses me off about the cruise. It's a dream cruise, supposed to be old cars. I really don't want to see SRT Neon's, Dodge Omni Glh's and old Monte Carlo's on 28's. That's just me though.
i think i see ALOT of old and new cars, i love it
Old 07-15-2010, 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't mind the newer cars if they are done right, I hate seeing dodge caravans with the hatchet man on the back window.......

I'm 29 so I was a little older when that all went down in mount clemens.

I'm gettin excited just thinking about it now!!! I haven't gone in forever, there's always something that comes up, one year I sat through kenny chesney's summer tour concert for like 8 hours....... Needless to say I'm not with that b!tch anymore.