LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

SoCal LS4 members - September 25 PCH/Canyon Run

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

**** it took them 2weeks,to replace my whole brake system when I fucked it up a while back...That was callin all day everyday,makin sure they didn't forget about my ride...

SSGOAT: hopefully its your torque converter,and not the tranny it self...What happen before it died on you??
Old 09-15-2010, 12:44 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

STORY:

so as i had stated the tranny had been slipping in the mornings after letting it warm up... i would take off casually, below 1500 rpms.. head to the main street, i turn on the main street step on the gas to 2500 rpm y nada.. let go of the gas quickly, push again, nothing... stepped on it again let it go to 3500 rpm, it hooked and burned out a little screech, drive on and were good, would slip like 10 mins after from 1st to 2nd, but not as bad.. then throughout the day no problems...

that was day 1 and 2.. day 2 and 3 it happened a little more often but maybe cause i went to places and didnt use the car for a good 3-5 hours letting it cool down..

well on the day i posted here that it was slipping(sunday), same thing happened in the morning, then it was cool, drove to my cousins house to chill, then went from his house to my other cousins house, as soon as i turn the corner to my destination, i hear a weird grinding type noise, not too loud but just loud enough to hear it echoing off of the cars parked on the small street.. i stop in front of my cousins house, put it in park(emergency lights on) pop the hood, hear the noise and it sounds like it was coming from the tranny.. close the hood, get in the car, put it in drive to park... nothing... push the gas again... nothing... again... nothing, put it in reverse... nothing... 1st 2nd 3rd... nothing... had my cousin push it to park it so sad...

had it towed to the dealer next day.. now theyr making me wait, warranty is sending a guy to check out the car to see what the problem is.. prety much try to blame me lmao

will keep ya posted, really wana go, if anything ill see if i roll in lbss ride if he can go and i still dont have my car lol
Old 09-15-2010, 01:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Unhappy

Sorry fellas won't be attending this cruise,my daughter soccer game starts @ 1:15pm...maybe next time...
Old 09-16-2010, 04:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 1CL3ANSUP3RSPORT
Sorry fellas won't be attending this cruise,my daughter soccer game starts @ 1:15pm...maybe next time...
Sucks.

Originally Posted by SSGoat
STORY:

so as i had stated the tranny had been slipping in the mornings after letting it warm up... i would take off casually, below 1500 rpms.. head to the main street, i turn on the main street step on the gas to 2500 rpm y nada.. let go of the gas quickly, push again, nothing... stepped on it again let it go to 3500 rpm, it hooked and burned out a little screech, drive on and were good, would slip like 10 mins after from 1st to 2nd, but not as bad.. then throughout the day no problems...

that was day 1 and 2.. day 2 and 3 it happened a little more often but maybe cause i went to places and didnt use the car for a good 3-5 hours letting it cool down..

well on the day i posted here that it was slipping(sunday), same thing happened in the morning, then it was cool, drove to my cousins house to chill, then went from his house to my other cousins house, as soon as i turn the corner to my destination, i hear a weird grinding type noise, not too loud but just loud enough to hear it echoing off of the cars parked on the small street.. i stop in front of my cousins house, put it in park(emergency lights on) pop the hood, hear the noise and it sounds like it was coming from the tranny.. close the hood, get in the car, put it in drive to park... nothing... push the gas again... nothing... again... nothing, put it in reverse... nothing... 1st 2nd 3rd... nothing... had my cousin push it to park it so sad...

had it towed to the dealer next day.. now theyr making me wait, warranty is sending a guy to check out the car to see what the problem is.. prety much try to blame me lmao

will keep ya posted, really wana go, if anything ill see if i roll in lbss ride if he can go and i still dont have my car lol
Really sucks.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah it sucks,but I was txtn Nick last night and he said well have a lil cruise sum time soon...
Old 09-17-2010, 01:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1CL3ANSUP3RSPORT
Yeah it sucks,but I was txtn Nick last night and he said well have a lil cruise sum time soon...
Can't your daughter fake an injury like most soccer players do so you can come hang with da boys?
Old 09-17-2010, 06:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1 Racing
Can't your daughter fake an injury like most soccer players do so you can come hang with da boys?

Man I wish it's her first game,maybe next time in the near future...
Old 09-17-2010, 11:23 PM
Launching!

dont know the details yet price wise and what exactly happened but warranty said its a go, getting a brand spankin new tranny put in and should have her back by tuesday... will keep you guys posted.... i got drill this weekend so ta ta for noww.............
Old 09-18-2010, 04:07 PM
TECH Junkie

So I'm thinking maybe we reschedule this one since there's so many guys that WON'T be there.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:14 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nacho SS
So I'm thinking maybe we reschedule this one since there's so many guys that WON'T be there.
We're still in, if it goes as scheduled. Maybe we could still do this and try to put together something else.

Just a thought.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LS1 Racing
We're still in, if it goes as scheduled. Maybe we could still do this and try to put together something else.

Just a thought.
I have one call in shift for work and unfortunately, when I called today, I have work on Saturday.

Reschedule?