MCSS Vs Mustang SVT

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 12:34 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by LS4SPEED
Lew, keep it real!
hahaha... I am man!!

I'm with ya.. . geeez... hahaha... everyone's gettin' so serious and uptight in here... a win's a win... whether by a hot-chicks good looks, or fricken driver error...

I agree... as I stated in one of my first posts in this thread... if it was a newer, true Terminator SVT Cobra, then no way... either the guy wasn't tryin', or, it was NOT a true Cobra...

weight, tire pressure, humidity, whatever... if it was a TRUE "terminator" cobra, then no our cars wouldn't beat it... their stock extra hp/tq they have over our cars, would still take the win... BUT... no one said it was a cobra, or that the driver knew what the hell they were doin...

and if it was not, then hell yes we could take it!

hell, in my car, I've taken out several mustangs, other several different Ford vehicles, bimmers, subi's, mitsubishi's, honda's, dodge's, several trucks that thought THEY had a chance, etc etc... (NONE of which I started... but I DID end 'em!)...

so, however he did it... he did it... it wasn't in question whether or not he really beat the guy... point is, at that particular place and time, he DID...

if it was done on a track, would all this come about?? "well our Rustang is SUPPOSED to have more hp/tq... no way that other guy could beat us... our stang has more power... even stock our car is rated for more power..." etc etc... hell no... tough ****... car or driver forked up, doesn't matter -- a win's a win...

try pullin that **** on PINKS... "NO WAY that other guys car could have beaten his - it has more power than his does!!" see how far that gets ya at the end of the line when that other guy gets there first... hahahah... doesn't matter.. again, a win's a win...

no reason to doubt or put down the guy for stating exactly what happened... he got 'em, 'nuff said...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 09-08-2010 at 01:26 AM.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

agreed ^^^ seems like a silly thing to debate. fact is everyone knows that the 03-04 cobra is untouchable. the early 4vs arent fast and if it was a 2v with a bumpers and ground effect swap its even worse. OP congrats to your gf and you for letting her drive your car like she stole it. my gf refuses to drive mine which im thankful for. shes a wuss and accident prone so it works.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:48 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LS4SPEED
All you have to do is produce real world numbers of YOUR MCSS's 1/4 mile times and then the truth will be told. Until then it's all speculation. And the only ones that will say your car beat a Cobra is you! I do understand that the driver of the "Cobra" may have been taken by your "GF" looks as I may have been myself and forgot to "give it all she's got captain".
Time slips mean **** when street racing, you'd know that if you had a clue
Old 09-08-2010, 10:00 AM
TECH Addict

4v cars were underrated? I seem to remember a bunch of Mach 1 owners getting upset and having their cars retuned by Ford when they didn't make the advertised numbers.

One more time. A nearly full bolt-on LS4 MCSS doesn't have any problem pulling a STOCK n/a 4v car. It's been repeated enough times by different people that it's not a fluke or anamole.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:07 AM
TECH Addict

i dont think anyone ever said a mcss can beat a 03-04 termy????????
Old 09-08-2010, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AlabamaGuy
4v cars were underrated? I seem to remember a bunch of Mach 1 owners getting upset and having their cars retuned by Ford when they didn't make the advertised numbers.

One more time. A nearly full bolt-on LS4 MCSS doesn't have any problem pulling a STOCK n/a 4v car. It's been repeated enough times by different people that it's not a fluke or anamole.
i believe he meant the 03-04 cobras were underrated. i refuse to call them terminators. it just sounds gay.

the machs had that problem too? i thought it was just the early na 4v cobras. i definitely believe that a bolt on ls4 car can hold its own against a stock 4v. especially from a decent roll. idk about pulling on one, but im sure youve had your encounters.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

i just asked if it was cause of the pic he uploaded looked like one. i think the only way we could keep up with a termi is if we were boosted but we could take a n/a 4v car.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:46 PM
TECH Resident

The problem was with the '99 4V Cobras, they didn't make close to their rated power. That's why there was never a 2000 Cobra.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No way any of our bolt-on cars stay with an 03-04 Cobra. I mean, those things were sick from the factory, and it's probably the most mod-responsive motor ever produced. And I doubt very many of them are still stock.

Mustang fascias are easy to swap, and it's quite possible it was either an earlier model SVT, or just a clone.

Still, I'm not gonna **** on this kill. It's nice to see another ***-kicking on somebody who had no idea what was coming.

And yes, Lew...IT WAS THE TUNE CUZ YOU'RE THE ****!!
Old 09-08-2010, 04:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by XFiveLiter
The problem was with the '99 4V Cobras, they didn't make close to their rated power. That's why there was never a 2000 Cobra.
Except for the vaporware Cobra R (only 300 built), which was a 13.0-12.7 car. I've only seen one of those on the street here in SoCal. I tried to run him in my old H/C/LT LS1 car, but he didn't go. I guess the open cutout kinda scared him!
Old 09-08-2010, 04:07 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TheMonteMan
i refuse to call them terminators. it just sounds gay.

Couldnt agree with you more, I get offended when I hear them called that and I'm not even close to being a Mustang fan. I dont think I could own one for that very reason, lol.

Either way, props to your girl for stepping up and throwing the hammer down for a race!
Old 09-08-2010, 05:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks guys ill let her know. and damn this has gotten to be quite a conversation lol
Old 09-09-2010, 07:57 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

yeah, everyone's so touchy...

geez....

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 09-09-2010, 08:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

yeah wow ... unsubscribing
Old 09-09-2010, 09:05 PM
12 Second Club

I'm sure it was a fun race... Nice SS! I had a 03 Cobra.. pullied with an exhaust.. dyno tuned it made 480hp.. Kinda miss it, but I like my Ls1!
Old 09-09-2010, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dee99gt
I'm sure it was a fun race... Nice SS! I had a 03 Cobra.. pullied with an exhaust.. dyno tuned it made 480hp.. Kinda miss it, but I like my Ls1!
thanks man
Old 09-10-2010, 01:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Its just that some people jumped in here with "mustangs are slow" yada yada yada.

They called it the Terminator because it was a beast from the factory and a few bolt ons and changes it was a "terminator"..It still is one of the baddest stangs ever put on the road.

The sad thing is..as you mentioned the stang crowd does do swaps way to much and will do that. There is a guy over on the 3.8 V6 mustang forum..all cobra trim..looks like a Cobra..but its not.

It would have to be a real bad driver error to beat a Cobra...like not trying. My guess is you beat what our cars can take. the n/a 4v stangs..nice kill but I think it was a GT in cobra clothing...I stayed away from those when i had my Z28..I had bolt ons but damn if one rolled up..I would not play..I learned my lesson early. Cobras were to fast..

Or..maybe he let her win because shes cute????
Old 10-10-2010, 01:30 PM
TECH Regular

anythings possible i guess it hurt when i seen this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1f7znYwY_w

but then i seen this one and felt better
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbfNW...eature=related

Quick Reply: MCSS Vs Mustang SVT