Old 10-11-2010, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

glad it is fixed man
Old 10-11-2010, 02:44 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by D J Real
well to update I picked up my GXP from the bump shop today final cost was a little under $200.00. As for the Garage I also have contracted that out for a budget of $8,000. Ill Post pics tonight of the finish car. I'm happy I have my car back, i was really beggining to miss it.
Did the body shop just paint the panel that was damaged, or did they have to blend it into the surrounding panels. Does it match up very well? The reason I ask is that my Tahoe is that color and I want to color match some parts on it, but i am afraid that it will not match the rest of the paint being "bleen" and having color changing properties. I have asked this on other forums, and no one was able to give me an answer. D J Real, you're my only hope! LOL

Also, glad you got your car back, can't wait to see the pics.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:50 PM
On The Tree

Glad you got it fixed and back. Sounds like you got a good deal.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LuSe4
Did the body shop just paint the panel that was damaged, or did they have to blend it into the surrounding panels. Does it match up very well? The reason I ask is that my Tahoe is that color and I want to color match some parts on it, but i am afraid that it will not match the rest of the paint being "bleen" and having color changing properties. I have asked this on other forums, and no one was able to give me an answer. D J Real, you're my only hope! LOL

Also, glad you got your car back, can't wait to see the pics.
well they actully just had to re do the clear coat on the panel the lacker was fine. But lucky for you actually i have had to have my front bumber re painted on this car becasue i cracked it and had to get a new one (ran over my neigbors recyleing bin) and ya they had the paint code from gm to match it to the factory paint. I will warn you though to have this painted match cost a **** load. it was like 900 bucks for a new bumber and paint. but ya i get some pics up tommrow maybe as im not at home right now. It matches perfectly like it was never re painted at all.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by D J Real
well they actully just had to re do the clear coat on the panel the lacker was fine. But lucky for you actually i have had to have my front bumber re painted on this car becasue i cracked it and had to get a new one (ran over my neigbors recyleing bin) and ya they had the paint code from gm to match it to the factory paint. I will warn you though to have this painted match cost a **** load. it was like 900 bucks for a new bumber and paint. but ya i get some pics up tommrow maybe as im not at home right now. It matches perfectly like it was never re painted at all.
Cool, thanks. You are the first person, apparently, that has had their bleen painted. I appreciate the feedback, and I love your car!