LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

gxp parking light problem help?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 02:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gxp parking light problem help?

dont know if anyone has encountered this problem or not but the two round parking/signal lights are messed up. the light will light up when i unlock/lock door, it will flash when i turn blinker on but when i have the car running it will not illuminate.. the parking light on the other side works fine help?!
Old 10-07-2010, 10:35 AM
Teching In

Sounds like a bad bulb to me. Have you replaced them?
Old 10-07-2010, 03:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

yep just tried that didnt help
Old 10-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Teching In

Have you tried to take the bulb out and use a test light to see if you have power/ground going to the socket?

Since you replaced the bulb, the next step is to see if the socket is bad.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:29 PM
On The Tree

did you do anything else? When I changed my battery I never had my fuse panel pushed all the way in and one of the fuse's was pulled out and the signal wouldn't work. They would light up but not flash.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

gonna try that fuse idea now i checked the fuse box in the car by the passenger compartment everything checkde out fine gonna try the one under the hood... and if im still getting to light up via the blinker and locking and unlocking would that still qualify as a bad socket?
Old 10-09-2010, 06:38 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bigalnash
gonna try that fuse idea now i checked the fuse box in the car by the passenger compartment everything checkde out fine gonna try the one under the hood... and if im still getting to light up via the blinker and locking and unlocking would that still qualify as a bad socket?
I haven't torn into the wiring on my car yet and hope not to. But if there is a loose connection in the socket then thats an easy fix. So when you test it and your getting power, intermittant power to the socket when its supposed to be on its as easy as replacing the socket.

Now if you don't get any power to the socket when the other side is lit up then you may have a wiring issue and you'll have to do some more troubleshooting.

Its just easier to check / replace the things that are cheap to replace first instead of bangning your head against the wall and replacing something that didn't need it and realize its some stupod $4 part.... Ask me how I know....

Quick Reply: gxp parking light problem help?