LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

New guy here with a Buick....hello!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 12:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heh, I forgot that the LaCrosse Super got our Bilsteins.

I tell you one thing, after working on my springs this weekend, they don't look that clean anymore.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

that is one clean car
Old 10-14-2010, 08:33 AM
TECH Regular

I think it's quite obvious we all have a thing for these rare Supers!!
Old 10-14-2010, 08:52 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by crazyjoe
I think it's quite obvious we all have a thing for these rare Supers!!
That's the thing that baffles me. All you guys have sweet cars and you're fawning over a Buick which is cool, (just don't tell your friends).

I love the 2-door style of the MCSS, the shape of the Impy SS and the features of the GXP, but I'm a Buick guy through and through and wouldn't have had it any other way.

I was driving a 2000 Regal GS before this and heard about the Super and thought to myself, sweet car but lots of money.....I couldn't swing that. Fate would have it that I broke the tranny on the GS (4th gear) and decided it would be better to spend the money towards something new. The Super was never on my radar but I got a deal I couldn't pass up.

The car is an anomoly......why would the General build such a car considering their target audience is like 65 & up. I'm not a kid anymore, I'm 47 years old. I have a small family and this car suits me to a T. Sure I could have a Maxima, G37 sedan or a Acura TL, but I wanted a Buick. They built this car for me and I'm enjoying the crap out of it!
Old 10-14-2010, 08:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Super= Rare Sleeper
Old 10-14-2010, 01:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Gorgeous car!!! I'm very jealous, as we searched high and low for a Super when we wound up with our Impala, but there was nothing to be found locally.

BTW- Thanks for posting the pics. It's nice to see some new LaCrosse pr0n.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:16 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Super LaX
That's the thing that baffles me. All you guys have sweet cars and you're fawning over a Buick which is cool, (just don't tell your friends).

I love the 2-door style of the MCSS, the shape of the Impy SS and the features of the GXP, but I'm a Buick guy through and through and wouldn't have had it any other way.

I was driving a 2000 Regal GS before this and heard about the Super and thought to myself, sweet car but lots of money.....I couldn't swing that. Fate would have it that I broke the tranny on the GS (4th gear) and decided it would be better to spend the money towards something new. The Super was never on my radar but I got a deal I couldn't pass up.

The car is an anomoly......why would the General build such a car considering their target audience is like 65 & up. I'm not a kid anymore, I'm 47 years old. I have a small family and this car suits me to a T. Sure I could have a Maxima, G37 sedan or a Acura TL, but I wanted a Buick. They built this car for me and I'm enjoying the crap out of it!
Well said, and good for you!
Old 10-15-2010, 03:19 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Super LaX

I love the 2-door style of the MCSS,

if price difference was not a factor ... i would trade you in a heartbeat, there is just something about that car that is pure evil in sleeper mode ... i would want the mocha color but the hell with it, red's cool and i bet the insurance wouldnt freak out anywhere near as much as they did when i said "yeah, its the SS with the 5.3"

about 2-3 months ago, i got caught at a red light, waiting for a train. what would happen to get caught right next to me, but a super being driven by some old dude, who it turned out, had absolutely no idea what so ever that we had the same engine ...

he thought it was a northstar ripped from a caddy ... and tried to tell me that we didnt have the same motor ... all i wanted to say was ... GIVE ME YOUR KEYS YOU OLD FART ...
Old 10-15-2010, 12:00 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DrJesus616
he thought it was a northstar ripped from a caddy ... and tried to tell me that we didnt have the same motor ... all i wanted to say was ... GIVE ME YOUR KEYS YOU OLD FART ...
He probably thought you had a 3.8L like everyone else does.

Quick Reply: New guy here with a Buick....hello!