Old 10-25-2010, 12:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome good to see another MI GXP around here
Old 10-25-2010, 01:02 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by mngxp
Nice ride and welcome!!! Love the color!!! What do u plan to do to her? Also did u take that first and second pic very early in th morning? I am asking because ur front turn signals are all fogged up unless u modded them to look like that?
Actually, No. It was during mid-day. They are fogged. I am thinking about going to the dealer today to get some new ones ordered. I would much rather they be clear haha.

As for as mods go, I really dont know. I want to keep it stock for the most part. I am thinking about replacing the vents with the 06+ chrome rings if possible. A K&N intake, maybe a motor mount flip (Why? What is the gain, is it hard on the engine?) I am looking to do some basic mods just nothing major. I might go with the Magnaflow exhaust, I just do not want it to be very loud.

Is Tapshift terrible on the cars?? And should I be waiting for the Trans to get to a certain temp before you get on her a little. I am really easy on her in general but if I do need to get on her for example on a onramp, would it harm the tranny being cold?

Not trying to sound like a noobie, just unsure on some basics of the car

Last edited by hazards280; 10-25-2010 at 01:32 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:04 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Bryan921SS
Welcome!!

Another LS4 in Midland!
Nice! I'll see you around town. There is another one like mine in town. My First Few plate #'s are CAZ.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:17 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 94ss06gxp
welcome!! central michigan area checkin in!!!! Mt pleasant to be exact
Hey! Its great to see all these people close by. If you see me going through town flash your lights haha. First three of my plate is CAZ
Old 10-25-2010, 01:50 PM
On The Tree

Welcome
Old 10-25-2010, 02:50 PM
TECH Addict

so im guessing you live in midland?
Old 10-25-2010, 04:25 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 94ss06gxp
so im guessing you live in midland?
Yes Sir.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default new guy

welcome to the club! If I had to do it all over again my first mods would be trans cooler, shift kit and polymount.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:10 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by hazards280
A K&N intake, maybe a motor mount flip (Why? What is the gain, is it hard on the engine?)

I might go with the Magnaflow exhaust, I just do not want it to be very loud.
i would recommend two things ... one ... do not buy the K&N intake ... buy the one from Cold Air Inductions ... only about 50 bucks more but so much cleaner, better looking under the hood ... and with no technical proof, only reasoning and logic to go, it should operate much better because it is sealed completely from sucking up hot air from the engine ... it mounts much differently ... i just got mine all buttoned up like two days ago and im still playing with the new stereo to have really paid any attention to how the intake is doing ...

second ... flip the motor mount, like now ... if you have an hour of boredom on the weekend ... just do it ... shifting gears is better, taking off from stops is better, essentially it stiffens up the connection the motor uses for allowing lateral movements ... giving you a better feel of what shes trying to do and i think allowing a half awake person better control on launches or simply routine exercises with the car ... and the best part ... its completely freaking free to do ... to not do it ... or try it is akin to not jerking off for the first time cause you think it might hurt a little ok horrible analogy, just freaking do it ...

just cutting out the resonator will liven up the exhaust ten times more, the magnaflow is too damn quiet to be worth even 500 bucks ... and it routinely advertises for well over that ...

but simply doing the intake, flipping motor mount, and some kind of exhaust mod will change the car so much and will cost you well under 500 bucks ... youll barely recognize its the same car ...

ive had my exhaust done now for nearly 2-3 months and i still find myself giving her a little more sometimes because i hear something new and my right foot wants to explore it some more ... and dont even talk about getting on the highway ... i have to brake as to not get pulled over once i merge into traffic because im routinely doing nearly 30 over ...
Old 10-27-2010, 08:17 AM
12 Second Club

Nice car. Welcome to the club.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:27 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DrJesus616
i would recommend two things ... one ... do not buy the K&N intake ... buy the one from Cold Air Inductions ... only about 50 bucks more but so much cleaner, better looking under the hood ... and with no technical proof, only reasoning and logic to go, it should operate much better because it is sealed completely from sucking up hot air from the engine ... it mounts much differently ... i just got mine all buttoned up like two days ago and im still playing with the new stereo to have really paid any attention to how the intake is doing ...

second ... flip the motor mount, like now ... if you have an hour of boredom on the weekend ... just do it ... shifting gears is better, taking off from stops is better, essentially it stiffens up the connection the motor uses for allowing lateral movements ... giving you a better feel of what shes trying to do and i think allowing a half awake person better control on launches or simply routine exercises with the car ... and the best part ... its completely freaking free to do ... to not do it ... or try it is akin to not jerking off for the first time cause you think it might hurt a little ok horrible analogy, just freaking do it ...

just cutting out the resonator will liven up the exhaust ten times more, the magnaflow is too damn quiet to be worth even 500 bucks ... and it routinely advertises for well over that ...

but simply doing the intake, flipping motor mount, and some kind of exhaust mod will change the car so much and will cost you well under 500 bucks ... youll barely recognize its the same car ...

ive had my exhaust done now for nearly 2-3 months and i still find myself giving her a little more sometimes because i hear something new and my right foot wants to explore it some more ... and dont even talk about getting on the highway ... i have to brake as to not get pulled over once i merge into traffic because im routinely doing nearly 30 over ...
Lmfao, Holy Damn that was funny. Great analogy. Yes that CAI does look nice I will have to look into getting one. The flipped motor mount will be done this weekend once I have some time. And with the exhaust, with the resonator removed, how much louder do you think the car is. 2x, 3x. 1.5x times haha. I just want it to have some composure still

Also, I always put premium in, just because well its recommended. It seems like it uses more gas that way though, what do you think?
Old 10-27-2010, 08:27 AM
12 Second Club

Be carefull with your exhaust selection. My exhaust is very loud and annoying at times. Its hard to hold a conversation while causing around town. Too much resonance and drone. I love how it sounds at idle and take off though. The magnaflow kit would be a great upgrade over stock, and you can get it shipped for around 550.00. Its a bolt on kit with a lifetime. I would flip your mount, get a drop in oilless filter, switch to synthetic engine oil, remove the resenator and get a 3" downpipe from hogan. If you want an aggressive sounding exhaust that is quite, then id recommend having a cut out installed right before the exhaust split. 275/40/18 tires is a must!
Old 10-27-2010, 08:32 AM
12 Second Club

I had the cai air intake and i don't think its much better the stock. Just cut the front part of the box open to allow a little more airflow. I used a dremel. I would avoid the k&n intake kit. It will just suck hot air
Old 10-28-2010, 07:52 AM
TECH Regular

welcome to the forum!! shout out from Sterling Hts MI
Old 10-30-2010, 08:53 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by WhiteGXP313
welcome to the forum!! shout out from Sterling Hts MI
Thanks!
Old 10-30-2010, 11:27 PM
Launching!

Nice GP!
Old 10-30-2010, 11:32 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

My first plans with the car....

1. Tint the windows, to 15%-20% whichever I decide
2. Flipped Motor Mount
3. Exhaust (I do not know what , I just want it a TINY bit louder.
4. Some sort of CAI, Unsure of which one though, do I go with the cold air inductions one or, the k&n? Ill have to look up some reviews on them.
5. Switch out the non-chrome vents to chrome.

Anything im missing?

Oh yea, a name for her. My last car was Black Betty,

Im thinking maybe ....Class Act? Mildly Wild? Good Trouble? I JUST WANT A NAME!!! haha, If it's this hard to name my car, how hard will it be to name a child?!
Old 10-31-2010, 09:33 AM
Teching In

That is a very clean looking '05. Congrats.

One thing that was not mentioned. You may get away with baldies in KY, but not MI.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:21 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by camaro69z
That is a very clean looking '05. Congrats.

One thing that was not mentioned. You may get away with baldies in KY, but not MI.
lmao, thats the truth. I will be ordering tires very soon.

The rear tires are brand new, but I just do not like them. They seem loud to me.

I want a good silent tire with good traction year around, with decent tread life.....But doesnt everyone???!!!!

Quick Reply: New GXP Owner Here! Hi Everyone!