LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Lucky me, unlucky Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 05:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lucky me, unlucky Mustang

Sorry if this is a bit long winded, but I just had to share......

This morning, my wife, my son, and I went to my wife's parents house to help them start putting up their Christmas decorations. After a few hours, everybody's getting hungry so they send me out to pick up some pizza. Since I usually have my 16 month old son with me, I rarely get to really open up the car anymore so I decided that this was a good opportunity since the development exits onto a major two-lane highway with a 50 mph speed limit. When I get out to the highway, the only car approching in my lane is a Mustang, but I know that I've got plenty of room to pull out....especially since I'm gonna go WOT.

I pull out, punch it, and listen to the lovely sound of a roaring V8 and squealing tires. Before I know it, I'm doing 50 so I get out of the throttle and just as I'm cresting a small rise in the road I see a nice white Impala with cherries on top sitting on the shoulder. I can tell that the driver's window is down, so there's no doubt that the officer heard me light them up. My immediate thought is "****, **** ****" as I watch my mirror waiting for him to light me up. While looking in the mirror I see the Mustang come over the rise, and as soon as he passes the cop the lights go on. The last thing I saw in my mirror was pony boy being pulled over.

I love owning a sleeper, and I love Mustangs that are in the right place at the wrong time.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:31 PM
TECH Regular

LOL, poor guy!! I'd like to have heard his story to the cop, "but officer, I swear it was the Grand Prix!!"
Old 11-28-2010, 06:58 PM
TECH Addict

LMFAO!!!!! Mustang = PWND
Old 11-28-2010, 07:18 PM
12 Second Club

Holly hell, that's classic! those ponys are great bear trappers!! and the officer says, "uh, yeah right...sure it was that v6 grand prix." LOL thats funny...Ive had a guy trying to pull the whole its a v6 sir that wasnt me...and the guy had a GXP...i then proceeded to tell him about a guy I knew that put a rear mount turbo on one and then sprayed it on e85...he was like, "Yeah, I have seen that car...but thats a v8, im a v6 GXP." LMAO...he then found out that I owned it and he was had!! he turned as red as his paint!! LMAO...he got a verbal... thats sooo funny you even said that...this game never goes far no matter what we are doing it seems LMAO...small world...
Old 11-28-2010, 08:33 PM
Launching!

similar thing happened to me coming home from the gym about a week ago ...

cruising down barrington road in schaumburg area, south towards my house, speed limit varies from 40-45 in sections ...

cruising down the road, listening to my music looking for an open taco bell ( dollar chicken burritos are always a good snack after lifting/ racquetball ) ... anyways ... see a terminator year black GT ( never got to see the car fully, couldnt tell you what year or what it had done ) pull out of a townhouse subdivision about 1/8 mile ahead of me and were both about to get stuck at the red light. so naturally were gonna play ... well we both started off like civilized humans and slowly start pacing each other around 10-20 in a 45 zone, so i tapped it to see if he wanted to play, he acknowledged with a good little burst and were both easily doing 40-50 now, and right as we both even up again, we roll right past an unmarked crown vic sitting behind a car wash entrance ( perfect hiding spot on his part i do have to say ) ... we both freak, he slams on the brakes ( i downshift into 3rd to slow her down enough, old trick for people without a kill switch ) the cop pulls out and .... FOLLOWS HIM and the mustang turns down a side street that leads into an industrial park, dont know if he got lit up but i know i didnt, so its all good ...

sucks though, i really wanted to play that night for some reason ... so on the rest of the way home, i settled for 90+ highway on ramp blast and went home mildly disappointed

i can tell my karma is running out on not getting tickets with this car, the next time i get rolled, its going to be a speeding ticket for sure ... you think if i give a homeless guy a sandwhich from in the car, while carrying orphans to school, while idling in a parade i could build some anti-pig karma back up ???
Old 11-28-2010, 09:07 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by DrJesus616
similar thing happened to me coming home from the gym about a week ago ...

cruising down barrington road in schaumburg area, south towards my house, speed limit varies from 40-45 in sections ...

cruising down the road, listening to my music looking for an open taco bell ( dollar chicken burritos are always a good snack after lifting/ racquetball ) ... anyways ... see a terminator year black GT ( never got to see the car fully, couldnt tell you what year or what it had done ) pull out of a townhouse subdivision about 1/8 mile ahead of me and were both about to get stuck at the red light. so naturally were gonna play ... well we both started off like civilized humans and slowly start pacing each other around 10-20 in a 45 zone, so i tapped it to see if he wanted to play, he acknowledged with a good little burst and were both easily doing 40-50 now, and right as we both even up again, we roll right past an unmarked crown vic sitting behind a car wash entrance ( perfect hiding spot on his part i do have to say ) ... we both freak, he slams on the brakes ( i downshift into 3rd to slow her down enough, old trick for people without a kill switch ) the cop pulls out and .... FOLLOWS HIM and the mustang turns down a side street that leads into an industrial park, dont know if he got lit up but i know i didnt, so its all good ...

sucks though, i really wanted to play that night for some reason ... so on the rest of the way home, i settled for 90+ highway on ramp blast and went home mildly disappointed

i can tell my karma is running out on not getting tickets with this car, the next time i get rolled, its going to be a speeding ticket for sure ... you think if i give a homeless guy a sandwhich from in the car, while carrying orphans to school, while idling in a parade i could build some anti-pig karma back up ???
Ahhh...the pig comment...I love working to keep people safe and getting a nice rub in the face like that LMAO...Im J/K not all police are created equal...but you better be nice and consider the police in your karma scheme LOL...

Cause thats the worse karma....THE KIND THAT CAN TOW YOUR CAR!! LMAO

Drive safely and buckle up...lmao
Old 11-28-2010, 09:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Rossko85
Ahhh...the pig comment...I love working to keep people safe and getting a nice rub in the face like that LMAO...Im J/K not all police are created equal...but you better be nice and consider the police in your karma scheme LOL...

Cause thats the worse karma....THE KIND THAT CAN TOW YOUR CAR!! LMAO

Drive safely and buckle up...lmao
there are splits in the demographics of police as there are in any societal group ... in chicagoland ... all cops think they are road heroes ... saving the average motorist from those who might go a little fast in an industrial park at 2 in the morning on a tuesday hence the pigs ...

the cops that simply do their jobs well, give an average motorist respect when respected and dont hassle people for minor things like aftermarket exhaust, no front plate, tints and the like are the ones that are the exception to the rule and therefore probably dont get talked about alot ...

i got pulled over on veterans day, real late at night because my HID bulb hadnt lit up and i didnt notice, he checked to make sure it worked ... we chatted for a bit, he didnt write me for no front plate, or hassle me for tints, sent me on my way and that was that ... great guy, respectful, non-harassing ... totally cool ...

everybody hates cops because they think they arent endangering anyone else when they have their fun on the road ... and while i wont argue the point that street racing is incredibly dangerous and obviously illegal ( because youd be a moron to say that isnt ) ... i have never had a single moving violation, accident, or fender bender since i got my license 10 years ago and over 100,000 miles ago ( across different cars obviously ) so either im special or i just happen to know how to drive ... so on the rare occasion when i get pulled over minding my business, not speeding, and obeying all traffic laws ... its mildly irritating hence the pig

EDIT - so if i toss a few donuts out the side of the window while in my Karma parade will that be ok ??? KIDDING

oh check this out, one of the rare occasions when the police where actually protecting me and letting me blow signals, stop signs and honk obnoxiously

warriors watch ride - done a few of these but was never smart enough to take my camera with ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohQmEysgUXs

Last edited by DrJesus616; 11-28-2010 at 09:48 PM.