LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Installed DDM HIDs 35w 5000k

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't remember my 5000k being that blue when I had my SS. Perhaps just the camera though. Also, highly recommended to have a relay harness! This is what my 5k looked like. Although mine is probably a worse pic haha.

Old 12-08-2010, 03:07 PM
TECH Regular

Okay, Not to

But... I am looking at getting the same setup just 4500k, so just white

I would like to have it in both the low beam's and the fogs eventually

However, just to have the low beams (9006) do I need the harness? or is it just a plug and play system on the GXP's?

With the fog's would I need a harness or anything? Would either of these get too "hot" being in a headlight designed for halogen lights?

Thank's and sorry about the 1/2 thread hijack. I am horrible with electricity haha.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:07 PM
Launching!

I just finished installing the realy harness for my lights. Maybe it will make them a little whiter. Will find out tonight. And the harness is worth the money I paid $15 for two harnesses and it is really easy to install. Makes me feel a little safer.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hazards280
Okay, Not to

But... I am looking at getting the same setup just 4500k, so just white

I would like to have it in both the low beam's and the fogs eventually

However, just to have the low beams (9006) do I need the harness? or is it just a plug and play system on the GXP's?

With the fog's would I need a harness or anything? Would either of these get too "hot" being in a headlight designed for halogen lights?

Thank's and sorry about the 1/2 thread hijack. I am horrible with electricity haha.
If it were me I'd have a harness for both. The whole point of the harness is to get power directly from the battery instead of through the stock wiring, which isn't designed for the increased voltage pull the HID's use when the ballasts first fire up. So while plenty of people will tell you they have ran HID's with no harness for X amount of time with no problems, the possibility exists that you could fry your wiring. Which would be much more costly than spending a couple bucks on the relay harnesses.

As far as your color changing with the harness, shouldn't make a difference there. For comparison sake I originally had 4300k which were just pure white and the when I got the 5000k bulbs there wasn't that much of a noticeable difference in color.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

DDM bulbs are junk. Plain and simple. They get VERY hot (melt shrouds) and never truly represent their indicated Kelvin value.

If you're on a budget, stick with them for a while until you can muster the funds for some Philips (pricey), OSRAM Sylvania (pricey), or Morimoto bulbs (cheaper than the others - get them at The Retrofit Source).

I have the 4500K bulbs (fogs) from them and they're still somewhat blue.

Perform a search. I've posted many times about where to get the harnesses [for cheap].

Quick Reply: Installed DDM HIDs 35w 5000k