LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

4T65E-HD Delayed engagement fix

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 12:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update on my situation since last posting.

I bought 6 1"x1/8" N50 neodymium magnets from Amazon. Since the filter and fluid were fresh, I decided to just put all 6 of them on the exterior of the transmission pan, spaced evenly but away from the corner where the stock magnet is located on the inside.

This has not made any difference at all.

I see two options short of a rebuild now.
1. I try Seafoam Trans Tune. I'm not very optimistic this will make any difference, because I have changed my fluid often, and it's squeaky clean.
2. Buy HP Tuners and gently raise line pressure. Slightly.

I am leaning towards trying the HP Tuners fix as SUPERCATRX7 has had great results with that.

HOPEFULLY I can figure out exactly what table I am adjusting. I work in IT, have a computer engineering degree, and am a good home mechanic with cars... I think I will figure it out. I just wish there was clearer documentation on that.
Old 07-30-2015, 01:10 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I would recommend the shift kit first but having hptuners is a invaluable tool for thsee cars as well
Old 07-30-2015, 10:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's easy to figure out,I can help you when/if you get hp tuners
Old 08-01-2015, 10:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bxd20
Update on my situation since last posting.

I bought 6 1"x1/8" N50 neodymium magnets from Amazon. Since the filter and fluid were fresh, I decided to just put all 6 of them on the exterior of the transmission pan, spaced evenly but away from the corner where the stock magnet is located on the inside.

This has not made any difference at all.

I see two options short of a rebuild now.
1. I try Seafoam Trans Tune. I'm not very optimistic this will make any difference, because I have changed my fluid often, and it's squeaky clean.
2. Buy HP Tuners and gently raise line pressure. Slightly.

I am leaning towards trying the HP Tuners fix as SUPERCATRX7 has had great results with that.

HOPEFULLY I can figure out exactly what table I am adjusting. I work in IT, have a computer engineering degree, and am a good home mechanic with cars... I think I will figure it out. I just wish there was clearer documentation on that.
I agree with parkave, I would try the shift kit first. Its about 40 bucks on eBay and since your fluid and filter are fresh you could reuse. Its a super easy install. I noticed very little difference after installing mine, but with the way my tranny is I'm not about to do any full throttle shifts to see if it helped. Seafoam made a noticeable difference in mine, but our transmissions problems could be caused buy different internal failures. The software probably will help, but 500 dollars I would rather put that to a rebuild unless you are going to be tuning a lot in the future. Keep us posted. Good luck.

Quick Reply: 4T65E-HD Delayed engagement fix