g8 officially coming back as a chevy

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 09:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GXP25
Why not?

They made the Charger a 4-door.

because i can tell it wouldnt look anything like a chevelle. At least the charger has the wide hips like like ones from the late 60s and early 70s but the way GM made the impala like wtf this car looks nothing like an impala at all. no type of features what so ever are like the ones from back in the day
Old 01-03-2011, 10:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by D J Real
my guess is the chevy volt SS
lmao, that would be awesome
400 hp electric car...
Old 01-06-2011, 02:12 AM
On The Tree

Chevy Citation.....OH YEAH!!
Old 01-06-2011, 07:49 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by heavyft
Chevy Citation.....OH YEAH!!
Good one! The mass-produced front-driver that started this entire mess.

I say bring back the Bel Air!
Old 01-06-2011, 09:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Super LaX
Good one! The mass-produced front-driver that started this entire mess.

I say bring back the Bel Air!
I'd get a Bel Air and pimp it out hahahaaha
Old 01-06-2011, 02:35 PM
Staging Lane

Well don't worry much about the V8 cars in the future. Gm is already talking about putting a turbo V6 in the next SS. I hate to say it man. It hurts. V8's will be extinct in the next 4 or 5 years except for trucks and exotics. Theres gonna be a whole lot of ***** motors out there. I don't know about you guys but I love the sound of a V8. No sixer is the same and forget about the ricer 4's with the GD fart cannons. I don't care if they make a fast as hell turbo six, it wont be a V8. You're best bet is to go get yourself a non numbers matching 70 or 72 Chevelle with a big *** 396 or 454 in it. Or my favorite the 70' Roadrunner 440. These gas prices will kill the modern muscle car not to mention pressure from our crap government with these CAFE requirements
Old 01-06-2011, 02:37 PM
Staging Lane

I can see it now:Get your 2015 Chevy Vega with its 96 HP 1.3 liter briggs and stratton motor. Proudly made in Mexico
Old 01-06-2011, 06:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JP07GXP
Well don't worry much about the V8 cars in the future. Gm is already talking about putting a turbo V6 in the next SS. I hate to say it man. It hurts. V8's will be extinct in the next 4 or 5 years except for trucks and exotics. Theres gonna be a whole lot of ***** motors out there. I don't know about you guys but I love the sound of a V8. No sixer is the same and forget about the ricer 4's with the GD fart cannons. I don't care if they make a fast as hell turbo six, it wont be a V8. You're best bet is to go get yourself a non numbers matching 70 or 72 Chevelle with a big *** 396 or 454 in it. Or my favorite the 70' Roadrunner 440. These gas prices will kill the modern muscle car not to mention pressure from our crap government with these CAFE requirements
I guess everyone is different, and while I prefer a V8 in a performance vehicle, I can also accept and appreciate going fast other ways. While I'm not a fan of any motor that needs a lot of revs to make power, there are plenty of non-V8 engines that have a ton of torque. Obviously, I'm biased because my other car is a Grand National, but I've also driven some pretty stout stuff like the Turbo Cobalts (260 HP/260 lb-ft), the newer BMW 335i (300 HP/300+ lb-ft). Even the V6 Camaro with 312HP feels strong, though it won't ever be confused with an LS3, either.
That all said, I don't think V8s are going anywhere anytime soon. They may be a bit rarer in non-truck applications due to our BS supply-side CAFE standards, but advancements like direct injection, VVT, and HCCI (variable compression) will keep V8's under our hoods for years to come.
Just my .02.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:57 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LS1 Racing
I guess everyone is different, and while I prefer a V8 in a performance vehicle, I can also accept and appreciate going fast other ways. While I'm not a fan of any motor that needs a lot of revs to make power, there are plenty of non-V8 engines that have a ton of torque. Obviously, I'm biased because my other car is a Grand National, but I've also driven some pretty stout stuff like the Turbo Cobalts (260 HP/260 lb-ft), the newer BMW 335i (300 HP/300+ lb-ft). Even the V6 Camaro with 312HP feels strong, though it won't ever be confused with an LS3, either.
That all said, I don't think V8s are going anywhere anytime soon. They may be a bit rarer in non-truck applications due to our BS supply-side CAFE standards, but advancements like direct injection, VVT, and HCCI (variable compression) will keep V8's under our hoods for years to come.
Just my .02.
Yeah that makes sense and those are some good cars you listed, but If I buy a Mustang or Camaro its gotta be the 8. I just couldn't live with myself especially if someone pulled next to me in a V8 and I had the six. God thats gotta be a horrible feeling. My dad is car guy and he would give me **** for years if I bought a V6 pony car haha. BMW does make a helluva straight six though. I guess i just hate the way the industry is going. But Ive been in a shitty mood since Pontiac was killed. I wanted a new Firebird.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1 Racing
Just my .02.
agreed. i think the v8 will be around for a bit longer. the stout stuff youve driven are pretty good, but they are also power adder cars, except for the v6 camaro(and we all know how i feel about that one.lol) the v8 is an endangered species, but i think theres still plenty of time for it. chevrolet definitely needs a 4dr rwd v8 car though. it needs something to compete with the chargers,audis,bmws, and mercedes out there. im not a fan of an extra set of doors, but if they put out a g8 and gave it some circular tail lights and messed with the grill and called it an impala ss id be in.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

yup here she is:

jk hahaha
Old 01-08-2011, 12:22 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Z28 Autobot
yup here she is:

jk hahaha
even for an older mock up ... that still makes me want to **** in it ...

chevy is just going to have to accept the fact that they've alienated anyone who enjoys driving, and can afford the gas mileage that comes with a high performance car ...

i wouldnt drive a new camaro ss unless you gave it to me
Old 01-08-2011, 11:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DrJesus616
even for an older mock up ... that still makes me want to **** in it ...

chevy is just going to have to accept the fact that they've alienated anyone who enjoys driving, and can afford the gas mileage that comes with a high performance car ...

i wouldnt drive a new camaro ss unless you gave it to me
How do you figure? the Camaro was the sales hit of 2010 so saying its alienated anyone it just seems its a small few. It beat Mustang and crushed Challenger. As far as cars GM is still Chevy Buick and Caddy for cars. You got many offerings to chose from for performance and more in the pipe. If you likes the G8 whats not to say the new Chevy badged holden will not be as good or better? Along with the performance Buicks comming out with and the Caddy V-series cars. GM and Chevy have had some amazing cars come out and still comming out.
I mean whats vastly different that Chevy's got than Ford or mopar?
Dodge has the Charger and Challenger (viper is going away)
Ford has the Mustang and the SHO Taurus
Chevy has the Vette and Camaro and soon 4 door performance car.
Buick has the new Regal GS thats pretty good performance.
Caddy is up there to.

Im just not sure where you going with this?
Old 01-08-2011, 12:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJesus616
the 2012 chevrolet "who gives a ****" ... ???

chevy needs to bring the monte/ chevelle/ nova back ... rwd, manual, with a minimum 300 hp and weigh right around 3000lbs ... then ill be impressed enough to consider purchasing one ... until then ... im good
Well, the G8's were RWD, available in Manual, with over 420hp...you realize the G8's had more HP per pound than a 3000lb/300hp car, right? Unless you're worried about gas mileage? If that's the case I heard Honda has a nice lineup...
Old 01-08-2011, 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The G8 is the best car I ever owned, and if Chevy starts selling this car it will definitely be a success just like the new Camaro.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Z28 Autobot
How do you figure? the Camaro was the sales hit of 2010 so saying its alienated anyone it just seems its a small few. It beat Mustang and crushed Challenger. As far as cars GM is still Chevy Buick and Caddy for cars. You got many offerings to chose from for performance and more in the pipe. If you likes the G8 whats not to say the new Chevy badged holden will not be as good or better? Along with the performance Buicks comming out with and the Caddy V-series cars. GM and Chevy have had some amazing cars come out and still comming out.
I mean whats vastly different that Chevy's got than Ford or mopar?
Dodge has the Charger and Challenger (viper is going away)
Ford has the Mustang and the SHO Taurus
Chevy has the Vette and Camaro and soon 4 door performance car.
Buick has the new Regal GS thats pretty good performance.
Caddy is up there to.

Im just not sure where you going with this?
i guess i was a little hasty in voicing my distaste with the new camaro then ... because i honestly think its gross ... the interior is a disaster, and anyone over 6 feet tall has to fold themselves up to get in and out ...( im 6'8'' and can fit in the monte comfortably day in and day out ) and exterior styling, dont get me started ... yeah everyone says the old camaro's looked like door stoppers ... but this whole future+retro thing is boring ... cars are supposed to move forward while acknowledging the past, not move forward trying to recreate the past ...

and i wont argue that the 2012 regal gs is fairly exciting, looks and performance, and im sure it will be messed with in short order ( but its no GN )

the V series of cars, no argument there ... but if you can afford any of the V series of cars then more power to you ...

i guess what im getting at is ... i wish for the days of the muscle car wars, if just a little bit, where manufacturers were shoehorning the largest displacement engine they had available into the smallest car, solely for the sake of making a street racer and selling it with a warranty ...

if i could have a car, that is produced now ... it would be a Holden Sportwagon SS-V redline ...

i dont know where im going with it ... do i have to have a point just to continue a discussion ???

EDIT - i can honestly say ive never driven a G8 ... sure i like the looks ... i even liked the old GTO ... and would love to have a 05/06 goat with the 6.0 ... but thats still a good couple thousand more than my car for the same year ...

i guess if anything, my point is ... as far as affordable performance goes ( and that can argued until the internet ends or until jesus comes back ) ... i dont feel there are any really exciting new cars available ... nothing im sitting in the dealer drooling on until the sales rep asks me to leave ...

Last edited by DrJesus616; 01-08-2011 at 08:40 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Government regulations for fuel mileage is what's stopping them from putting big engines in cars, which is why most of them don't have V8's. And with the cost of fuel today most people want a car that gets good mileage, which is another reason why there isn't many cars with V8's.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RedHotG8
Government regulations for fuel mileage is what's stopping them from putting big engines in cars, which is why most of them don't have V8's. And with the cost of fuel today most people want a car that gets good mileage, which is another reason why there isn't many cars with V8's.
yeah i know, weve talked about that before ... for that specific model car you have to get a certain overall average MPG across all trims and such ...

( dont get me started on the nanny state bullshit )

im going to come back out to your house one day and pay you give me a ride in the G8 ...
Old 01-10-2011, 12:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

i personally think that the muscle car was started back up with the introduction of the ls1 in the camaro and the 4v cobras. if anything i think theyre hotter than they have been in my lifetime at least.
im surprised your head doesnt rub the ceiling in your monte at 6'8. im 6'1 and i only have a couple of inches. i personally like the interior of the camaro. its a huge leap from the ls1 car, and ive driven the car and i havent had to fold myself in half to get in it, my buddy has one and hes 6'2 with no issues. then again your not exactly the average male height either.
i hate the back of the car, but the rest of it is pretty good. theres a company that makes a different rear for it that uses the 69 tail lights, but the bumper on it is horrible. now if they had those tail lights from the factory id be happy with the car.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheMonteMan
i personally think that the muscle car was started back up with the introduction of the ls1 in the camaro and the 4v cobras. if anything i think theyre hotter than they have been in my lifetime at least.
im surprised your head doesnt rub the ceiling in your monte at 6'8. im 6'1 and i only have a couple of inches. i personally like the interior of the camaro. its a huge leap from the ls1 car, and ive driven the car and i havent had to fold myself in half to get in it, my buddy has one and hes 6'2 with no issues. then again your not exactly the average male height either.
i hate the back of the car, but the rest of it is pretty good. theres a company that makes a different rear for it that uses the 69 tail lights, but the bumper on it is horrible. now if they had those tail lights from the factory id be happy with the car.

I can't front it looks good. Out of them all i would have to say i still like the Challenger even if it is a pig

Quick Reply: g8 officially coming back as a chevy