Notices
LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

6T75 6 speed conversion

 
Old 11-15-2011, 04:04 PM
  #61  
TECH Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 381
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Just curious as too how this is going guys , im still all in for a 6 speed swap , specially if it works with tapshift allready.
Sadden is offline  
Old 11-29-2011, 04:43 PM
  #62  
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (12)
 
T/A KID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Any new info here? I am attempting to put a 5.3 Gen IV (58x wheel) with a 6t75 trans into a kit car.
T/A KID is offline  
Old 12-25-2011, 08:48 PM
  #63  
Teching In
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS4/6T75? What needs to be Solved?

How about a Recap?
of All of What is needed,
What has been Solved,
What needs to be Solved?
so we can work on what needs to be worked on,
and not work on something that has been Solved?
EarlT500 is offline  
Old 12-25-2011, 09:42 PM
  #64  
12 Second Club
iTrader: (14)
 
DavidGXP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Renton, WA
Posts: 2,563
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Probably never going to happen. Lets put the r&d into a manual swap from a g6!
DavidGXP is offline  
Old 12-26-2011, 03:29 AM
  #65  
Launching!
 
TrueBlueGTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 277
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Recap

I can't speak for anyone else pursing the project. But the summary seems to be:

A) A custom oil pan is necessary to properly relocate the starter
B) A theoretical ECM/TCM solution is a possible solution to the 58x motor working
C) A custom adapter is necessary for the trans and FWD LS4 motor.

Speaking from my end. Making the custom parts is the easy part. But if the CAN bus systems reject one another, then additional programming R&D will be necessary. If someone has the engine and trans I could assist in testing "B" but someone has to take the plunge first to get at least those two.
TrueBlueGTO is offline  
Old 12-26-2011, 05:14 AM
  #66  
On The Tree
iTrader: (8)
 
Low91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Spiro, Ok
Posts: 121
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by DavidGXP View Post
Probably never going to happen. Lets put the r&d into a manual swap from a g6!
I have a better Idea for a transmission, a T56. Now before someone boo hoos about a RWD conversion not being possible (like those with no fab skills always do) watch the videos. In a few years when my car is worn out I will be attempting this....or ruining my car in the process. These cars should have been RWD from GM, a FWD V8 is such a shame.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3WlHlZfXgw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv11PVoiL_c
Low91 is offline  
Old 12-26-2011, 11:16 AM
  #67  
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
GXP25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,392
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by DavidGXP View Post
Probably never going to happen. Lets put the r&d into a manual swap from a g6!
Yeah, it'll happen. See below.

Originally Posted by TrueBlueGTO View Post
I can't speak for anyone else pursing the project. But the summary seems to be:

A) A custom oil pan is necessary to properly relocate the starter
B) A theoretical ECM/TCM solution is a possible solution to the 58x motor working
C) A custom adapter is necessary for the trans and FWD LS4 motor.

Speaking from my end. Making the custom parts is the easy part. But if the CAN bus systems reject one another, then additional programming R&D will be necessary. If someone has the engine and trans I could assist in testing "B" but someone has to take the plunge first to get at least those two.
A is not necessary as shown here:



View from the transmission toward the engine:



View from the engine toward the transmission:







Link

The 6T70/5 have a little pocket on top of the transmission.

Here's a video of an LS2 + 6T75 matted together and turning over:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=senpk...layer_embedded

B is possible as you mentioned over the phone. However, like you said, there are issues with the E40 24x cars.

The same guy who put the above stuff together is a PCS (Powertrain Conrol Solutions) engineer working on getting this transmission to talk with ALL of our vehicles (and others). Apparently it's done. It's all a matter of testing and torque management.

C is not a problem and is done as well (yellow and cyan parts in the CAD drawings above).

But yes, it's the electronics which are the hard parts.

Originally Posted by Low91 View Post
I have a better Idea for a transmission, a T56. Now before someone boo hoos about a RWD conversion not being possible (like those with no fab skills always do) watch the videos. In a few years when my car is worn out I will be attempting this....or ruining my car in the process. These cars should have been RWD from GM, a FWD V8 is such a shame.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3WlHlZfXgw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv11PVoiL_c
I rather spend the money on implementing the 6T75's AWD option instead as there are some serious weight distribution issues with these cars. Also, it'd be cheaper too.
GXP25 is offline  
Old 12-26-2011, 05:28 PM
  #68  
TECH Enthusiast
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 655
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by DavidGXP View Post
Probably never going to happen. Lets put the r&d into a manual swap from a g6!
I am nearing the finish line on my LS4/F40 swap:

Custom Flywheel (with cad prints):



10" clutch/pressure plate:



Bolt on Starter Bracket to keep the LS4 starter:


All done but finishing up the wiring harness:

fieroguru is offline  
Old 12-26-2011, 07:06 PM
  #69  
On The Tree
iTrader: (8)
 
Low91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Spiro, Ok
Posts: 121
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Of course AWD would be awesome but wouldn't it be just as or more difficult than just a straight RWD setup? Also what are you refering to by the "weight distribution"? I don't think adding a little weight to the rear will affect much.
Low91 is offline  
Old 12-26-2011, 07:43 PM
  #70  
12 Second Club
iTrader: (14)
 
DavidGXP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Renton, WA
Posts: 2,563
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

At fieroguru.... Drool!
Are you planing on making a kit for the other fiero guys? (tuning aside)
DavidGXP is offline  
Old 12-26-2011, 08:37 PM
  #71  
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
GXP25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,392
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Low91 View Post
Of course AWD would be awesome but wouldn't it be just as or more difficult than just a straight RWD setup? Also what are you refering to by the "weight distribution"? I don't think adding a little weight to the rear will affect much.
The way the W-body is setup, as with most FWD setups, the engine sits on or forward of the front wheels. This isn't very ideal in a RWD situation where a near 50/50 (front/rear) weight ratio is desired along with steering rack location et al. Do note that the GXP has a ~65/35 ratio.

Converting to RWD doesn't do much for this.

With money not being much an issue:

For traction purposes, AWD. For RWD "effectiveness" and feel, new car.
GXP25 is offline  
Old 12-27-2011, 12:39 AM
  #72  
TECH Enthusiast
 
texasGXP08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 593
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Our cars are not even worth expending the mental energy required to speculate on this. I know that this makes me "buzzkillington" but maybe we can collectively work on attainable goals like, stopping the ******* headliner from vibrating...
texasGXP08 is offline  
Old 12-27-2011, 02:51 AM
  #73  
TECH Enthusiast
 
gxp-miller-gxp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: louisiana
Posts: 528
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

hhahahahahhahahhaha ^^^^^ love it! i completely agree!
gxp-miller-gxp is offline  
Old 12-27-2011, 10:30 AM
  #74  
TECH Regular
 
WhiteGXP313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sterling Hts, MI
Posts: 442
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Haha I agree with Texas That **** gets annoying
WhiteGXP313 is offline  
Old 12-27-2011, 12:57 PM
  #75  
TECH Enthusiast
 
gxp-miller-gxp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: louisiana
Posts: 528
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

open up the headliner, i had a small 3inch in diameter, plastic circle that was just in there bouncing around . once i opened the back of the headliner it just fell out and the noise is now gone lol
gxp-miller-gxp is offline  
Old 12-27-2011, 07:11 PM
  #76  
TECH Enthusiast
 
texasGXP08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 593
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by gxp-miller-gxp View Post
open up the headliner, i had a small 3inch in diameter, plastic circle that was just in there bouncing around . once i opened the back of the headliner it just fell out and the noise is now gone lol
Thanks, I plan on getting around to that this week. I knew it got bad when I contemplated driving the car into an overpass pillar the next time it happened.
texasGXP08 is offline  
Old 12-28-2011, 11:17 AM
  #77  
TECH Resident
iTrader: (1)
 
Sittingmongoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Philly
Posts: 898
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

the reason this all stopped is because they couldnt get the computer code written. There was 1000s of lines of code and when they went to programmers they wanted way too much money to write the code. So they stopped working on it.
Sittingmongoose is offline  
Old 12-28-2011, 05:46 PM
  #78  
12 Second Club
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: S. FL to Philly ??
Posts: 382
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Sittingmongoose View Post
the reason this all stopped is because they couldnt get the computer code written. There was 1000s of lines of code and when they went to programmers they wanted way too much money to write the code. So they stopped working on it.
That's a shame, would have been very cool to see happen...
x11 nut is offline  
Old 12-28-2011, 06:13 PM
  #79  
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
GXP25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,392
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Sittingmongoose View Post
the reason this all stopped is because they couldnt get the computer code written. There was 1000s of lines of code and when they went to programmers they wanted way too much money to write the code. So they stopped working on it.
I don't know where you got your information from, lol.

The swap is on hold. We are waiting on PCS or someone with an E67 wanting to try out what TrueBlueGTO suggested.

So anyone in New Jersey, step right up.
GXP25 is offline  
Old 01-08-2012, 02:24 AM
  #80  
Teching In
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 11
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by GXP25 View Post
I don't know where you got your information from, lol.

The swap is on hold. We are waiting on PCS or someone with an E67 wanting to try out what TrueBlueGTO suggested.

So anyone in New Jersey, step right up.
E67 as in from say my 08 GXP? Im in... What do i have to do... As im sick in tired of the trans in my car.
ProCompSolutions is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 6T75 6 speed conversion


About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: