LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Service stability/traction systems!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 08:39 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service stability/traction systems!!

Had these lights come on today while accelerating up a slight grade, turned the car off and all seemed back to normal. So, I turned the traction control off and made a full throttle pass and as soon as it hit 2nd they came back on. Turned car off and all seemed well again, made another full throttle run with traction control still on this time and once again, as soon as it hits 2nd they warnings popped back up. I didnt notice any power loss, is this something critical? I did a quick search and found that AlabamaGuy simply tuned his out. Basically trying to figure out if I should invest the time in taking it to the dealership to have it looked at, or if it's simply a tuning issue just have my tuner delete these warnings.

Joe.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Check the battery, happened to me, Check the TCM, happened to me. Check the wheel hub/speed sensor, happened to me. If none of those, no clue.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:52 PM
Teching In

This happened to me around 55k miles. Took it to the dealership and they replaced the hub bearing on the front passenger side. Its was covered under the 100k powertrain warranty.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Happening to me right now - randomly with normal driving.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

My local dealership wouldn't change mine under warranty because my Bilsteins 'weren't stock,' and I even showed them that they came on the car, and they still wouldn't because 'They didn't look stock.'

EDIT: But you have to remember, this is the same dealership that when they replaced my trans and it was still slipping, 'I was making it up,' until they lifted the car and saw it bleeding trans fluid because they left a line loose, the guy got all huffy, fixed it, and basically handed my keys back to me with an F you face. Needless to say, if something else happens I'm driving an hour to other one. Better be glad that survey never got to my house.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:35 PM
TECH Regular

I guess I'll try to see if I can swing it by the dealership then. Worse thing they can do is tell me they wont fix it, lol.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

If they won't and it is the wheel hub/speed sensor, it's extremely easy to fix and costs about $110. I've done it twice.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SS2GO
This happened to me around 55k miles. Took it to the dealership and they replaced the hub bearing on the front passenger side. Its was covered under the 100k powertrain warranty.
same thing here
Old 02-10-2011, 03:58 PM
TECH Regular

I couldnt get it to duplicate it today, but I swung by the dealership anyhow. Basically told me to wait until the light stays on before bringing it in, which is cool with me since it wont waste anyones time that way. The only thing is, is that my extended warranty runs out in May of this year (or another 11k miles). I work close to home so I only put ~50 miles a week on the car.

If it's the wheel sensor acting up due to winter road conditions, will it clear itself?? Im just curious if it's going to wait to completely fail after my warranty is up.

Thanks for all the feedback fellas, I appreciate it.

Joe.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had this happen to me after I installed the headers,and a few times afterwards.But I haven't seen it since,well I haven't be able to drive it for a while.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:29 PM
TECH Resident

i changed both my front wheel bearings whe i bought my car, took about an hour to do both. However i had air tools and a hoist. iirc, remove the brakes, its 3 13mm bolts, a 34 or 36 socket for the axle nut and either use a chisel or just hammer it out. clean up the area where the new bearing goes in and tighten it all back up.

Quick Reply: Service stability/traction systems!!