LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

F-body to GXP?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 05:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its almost like people who are nice with cars have issues with them breaking... if your agressive some times they last. and well too much power is too much power.

They are good all around cars. some stupid stuff, like the belt being a pain to service at home. the newer cars had the 5yr 100k powertrain warrenty. The cross over pipe gets hot and effects the MAF temp sensor. But for me i love the car. But you will eventually get frustrated with it. mostally in the gearing if you wanna go racing.
You got rear alignment issues, some people go through brake pads quickly. personally im hard on brakes and really haven't had any complaints on pad wear. HUD is great.
I live in colorado and i have hankook ice bear w300 tires and the car gets me around great in the winter, up and over eisenhower and vail pass a few times in the snow
Old 04-12-2011, 06:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I'd be more mad if my trans broke from me babying it, then beating on it. Might as well beat on it then. Ha!

I've gotten pretty good at taking the belt on, and off with my big *** pry bar.

I hate the gearing too!
Old 04-13-2011, 12:52 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by neilownz
The trailblazer ss is nice too, but the awd tranny blows I guess.
to the op. I would follow all these peoples advice and stay away. We all love our cars, but there are way too many lemons in these cars. I am surprised no one mentioned the air condition duct clicking noise that costs $500 to replace. It has happened to almost everyone here. I have it now and already have replaced the passenger side. So here goes another $500. I love my monte to death and get soooooo many compliments daily. I just really wish I would have found out this site beforehand because it has educated me about my car and its problems. The aftermarket for these cars is small. Yes, it is an lsx motor. Yes you can do pretty much the same mods that you can do on your T/A. But for the amount of money you would spend on modding your car, its really (IMHO) not worth it. You could put the same amount into each car and the T/A would walk on the ls4. I would honestly look into a TBSS. They are roomy, have a powerful motor that you can extensively mod, and have fewer problems from my understanding. The only problem that I have read about them is that the tranny in the AWD platform is weak and is prone to failure. Look at Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8's as well. To my knowledge, the have no tranny issues.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 1BAD06MCSS
to the op...I am surprised no one mentioned the air condition duct clicking noise that costs $500 to replace. It has happened to almost everyone here. I have it now and already have replaced the passenger side. So here goes another $500...
Seriously? $500? I've done two of my ventilation actuators in my driveway. The part is about $45-$50 and takes anywhere from 30-60 minutes, depending on location and how hard it is to access the bolts.

If it happens to you again, just buy the part and bring me a case Fat Tire and we'll call it even!
Old 04-14-2011, 05:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LS1 Racing
Seriously? $500? I've done two of my ventilation actuators in my driveway. The part is about $45-$50 and takes anywhere from 30-60 minutes, depending on location and how hard it is to access the bolts.

If it happens to you again, just buy the part and bring me a case Fat Tire and we'll call it even!
that is what the dealer told me. And don't you live in Cali?