LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

SS emblem inlays

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 06:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SS emblem inlays

So some jerk stole my SS grille emblem from our IMSS and I bought a new emblem, but cannot for the life of me remember where I got the black inlays. If i remember correctly they were only like $2 each. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Old 04-14-2011, 07:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

www.grafxwerks. co m
Old 04-15-2011, 12:43 AM
TECH Resident

You can get them here too.

http://shop.naioa.com/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=3

Which size SS did you get? I think I still have a incomplete set of "reflective" black overlays laying around somewhere. They're black in the sun light, but have a shine to them when headlights hit them.

I jacked one up when I was being impatient so I didn't put the rest of them on.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll go look for them and get some pics to show you and we can work out the details.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:14 AM
Launching!

Thanks for providing that alternative. I was not impressed with Ryan at grafx's liquidome products, nor his customer service. Not to mention his prices are higher.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Cully77
Thanks for providing that alternative. I was not impressed with Ryan at grafx's liquidome products, nor his customer service. Not to mention his prices are higher.
I ordered liquidome bowties, there's a reason they're not on the car. I don't think they look like a quality item and I'm not sure I want them on my car.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:40 PM
Launching!

Rick, yeah blowing 50 bucks is not enjoyable. I'm sorry if I confirmed what you were unsure about. But the liquidome is BARELY three dimentional when the way he described them made them seem more like a stock emblem equivalent. And when I purchased, he didn't have the pictures on his site he has now. I got the vinyls shipped to me in a regular envelope with no padding. I was unsure about them immediAtely but after spending 50 bucks I didn't want to throw them away. I decided to do the rear bowtie following his instructions exactly. When I finished the bowtie was uneven or bumpy when you look up close and inset into the emblem. Also didnt stick 100%. also broke the rear bowtie in the process so I couldnt go back to stock. For the front I masked off and painted gloss black and cleared. Looks fantastic, has depth and has not gotten damaged in over a year of driving. After seeing what about 2 bucks of paint did for me I was very pissed about buying the decals. I asked if I could have a refund, or at least a refund for the front since I didnt install it, citing the fact that these were not the quality I expected. He refused saying they are made to order. I said then fine just refund me partially, keeping what it cost to make. He refused. I called him out saying that he probably didn't want mento know how much profit he makes on each. He then responded with some rude comments, which I returned. End of story, I lost.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:27 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah, that sucks. And Cully, I have them. They're still in the envelopes. I did return one set because it had bubbles in them. Now I have another and I'm still not very pleased with them. I think I'm just going to paint mine as well and see if maybe I can sell them both for like $20 on here or MCF.

Quick Reply: SS emblem inlays