LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Lower Air Dam GXP trans cooler install

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 09:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Lower Air Dam GXP trans cooler install

Having trouble getting the lower air dam out on my GXP to put in a trans cooler. I'm positive I have all the plastic pins, 3 - 10mm bolts, even the big white plastic center pin pulled out, as well as the two screws on each side for inner wheel area. Is this air dam really that had to pull? Do I really need to man handle it to get it out or am I missing something. I can pull it back a couple inches, just can seem to pull it down and out. I know a few have done this, any other tips or tricks?
Old 05-29-2011, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mine went in from the to by removing the hood latch, a big pry bar, and a lotta love.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

theres two plastic pins, one on each side, kinda hidden and recessed up under the front bumper vertically, I broke them because I couldnt find a way to get something up there to pop them out.

Crawl under the car, look up directly under where the headlights are, where the front bumper meets the air dam, its kinda hidden and recessed like 6-8 inches up you will see them they are a bitch, you can feel them if with your hand if you stick your hand down from up top by the radiator

Like I said I broke mine with a prybar from up top, use your flashlight and you will see where the front air dam comes up, one on each side
Old 05-29-2011, 09:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys, that should help. I'll try tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Lower Air Dam GXP trans cooler install