LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Dissapointing first cruise night..

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 10:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dissapointing first cruise night..

Dissapointing yet I don't know what I was expecting lol..

I had two runs..First was against a earlier 90s Cadillac Coupe Deville....I got up, get staged, and literally less then half a second later the tree was going...This track does this alot on cruise night, i think to get as many cars as possible through and make the most money...Anyways I ran a 9.94(Track only 1/8), absolutely horrible..Let me just say also that this track is notorious for being horrible prepped/no prep at all, plus all the idiot ricers and what not....I feel like there was wheel spin for the first 50 feet or so lol..

I launched the way I normally launch, no burnout, brake stall to 2200 rpm..and then "roll on" the power...Last year I got low 9s, which I feel is pretty good giving the conditions at the track. At the time I had the downpipe, Catback, and intake and thats it.

The caddy got about 2-3 car lengths ahead and then I got passed him, he ran a 10.43.

Second run was against a third gen corvette that was in great shape, I think it was recently restored...The guy in the front of was giving looks and laughing when I staged next to him...This launch was just as bad as the last one..I ran a 9.6 this time with still a shitload of wheel spin. about 1/4 of the way down the track he had about 2 car lengths, and then after shifting i took him, eventually finishing with 2 car lengths lead. He had 9.9 something.

Eventually im going to try and make it to a decent 1/4 mile track..The nearest is roughly 2 hours away, kinda a bitch to do lol..Idk just felt like venting pretty dissapointed. I did a few calculations and my 1/8 times would give me mid to low 15s =/ blech
Old 06-01-2011, 10:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

funny u beat the vette though, and try and invest in some slicks! but that does suck you have a 1/8 , we have a 1/4 and one run still seems to short! and its hit or miss on the prepp quality