LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

DOD problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 01:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DOD problem

Just recently the car has developed a problem when it goes into 4cy mode in forth gear, it cruises fine but when slowing down to a stop and it goes back to 8cy mode the car stutters.........any idea whats causing this?
Old 06-02-2011, 07:47 AM
Teching In

Guys please anyone?
Old 06-02-2011, 08:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default shutter

I had the "same shutter" after I had my transmission rebuilt. Whenever the car was slowing to a stop (braking or coasting) the steering wheel would shutter. Once I turned off my DOD the shutter went away. I spoke to alot of knowledgeable people, car was test driven by a transmission guy, spoke with the TC company but never came to any conclusion about my shutter.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:06 AM
On The Tree

are you sure its a problem with the DOD and not your trans?

when my car comes in and out of DOD on the highway, theres no stutter, just a little rpm jump when it kicks in (then it sounds like a subaru with exhaust) and when it kicks out of DOD mode when accellerating, sometimes I get a little jump but nothing severe.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:16 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 707chance
I had the "same shutter" after I had my transmission rebuilt. Whenever the car was slowing to a stop (braking or coasting) the steering wheel would shutter. Once I turned off my DOD the shutter went away. I spoke to alot of knowledgeable people, car was test driven by a transmission guy, spoke with the TC company but never came to any conclusion about my shutter.
Yeah when i lieave it in third gear it does not happen......only when it goes from 4cy back to 8cy, I have also discovered i might have an exhaust leak...it seems the factory mufflers have started to rust....
Old 06-03-2011, 04:54 AM

extremely, extremely annoying sound. coming up the street at 2 AM makes the neighbors think the NAVY SEALS are getting dropped off by a chinook helicopter. fluttery, helicopter like shutter noise right? i think a majority of the people who have the DOD equiped cars have the noise. will not happen in 1, 2 or 3 gears. i think its just how the exhaust sounds, when its in 4cyl mode. im removing the DOD ASAP, people even say their MPG has gone UP, without it. just my .02
Old 06-03-2011, 08:35 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SSMonte07
extremely, extremely annoying sound. coming up the street at 2 AM makes the neighbors think the NAVY SEALS are getting dropped off by a chinook helicopter. fluttery, helicopter like shutter noise right? i think a majority of the people who have the DOD equiped cars have the noise. will not happen in 1, 2 or 3 gears. i think its just how the exhaust sounds, when its in 4cyl mode. im removing the DOD ASAP, people even say their MPG has gone UP, without it. just my .02
Once i can convince the wife to let me drop $600+ on a tuner for my car im doing it, i can get over 25mpgs on the highway in 8cyl mode