LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Best Tire Combo Dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i also have a set of the extreme contact's up front 255/45 and firehawk 235/50's on the rear it handles pretty good
Old 10-02-2011, 09:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So after having these new wider front tires on for a few days, thought I'd update. They grip exceptionally well! Still can't go full throttle off the line, but I can at about 30 now with very little to no wheel spin. I can for the first time, actually feel those 300 horses pulling hard in first! Lol! Now for the bad news...

This Saturday, the transmission started shuddering real hard when the TC would try to lock up, and the TC slips constantly. Took it to the dealer the same morning, and they verified the TC slipping. The transmission has groaned oddly, and shifted real funky for about the last 20k miles. Of course, every time I took it in to the dealer, it would act perfect until I left.

So, I get new tires that grip, only for the transmission to fawking start slipping instead. The dealer is going to tear into it on Monday, as well as address all the funky motor sounds and knocks for a third time. They've had the engine out twice now, for bad lifters. I'm just about to shoot this car.

Quick Reply: Best Tire Combo Dilemma