LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

GXP Brembo Rear Rotors Available!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 06:18 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GXP Brembo Rear Rotors Available!

GXP Brembo Rear Rotors Available!

Umm.... I think (want to believe) they are Brembo...

I recently bought front GXP Brembo rotors from brakemotive, but they were out of rears.

So I went searching and came up with the rotors linked below. The ad stated "special suspension cross drilled", but also stated "all engines", so I was skeptical. But I went ahead and ordered a set. Received them today and they look correct! However, they are not zinc coated like the ones brakemotive sells.

They look like good quality rotors, but no where on the rotor is there any Brembo stamp.

Here's what I know about them so far:

P/N: (on the box) 27399 Brembo
P/N: (on the site selling them) W0133-1808627
P/N (stamped in the rotor edge) G0702-P0-5305C 7F09 (SCRATCHED OUT) L-614S

Yup, you read that right. Part of the P/N on both rotor edges is scratched out! Weird.

More bad news. Googled W0133-1808627 and yes, it came up with a Brembo rotor, but it also came up with a Winhere rotor. Hmm... I wonder what Winhere's address is???

Winhere Auto-Part Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
No.18, Hong Kong Road Futai Plaza 21/F,
266071 Qingdao
China

Oh wow! I didn't know Brembo rotors were Chinese! What

So i guess Brembo doesn't mind whoring their name out to a Chinese rotor manufacturer? Or wait! Maybe Brembo makes rotors and puts them in Winhere boxes as well! LoL. Sure, lets go with that.

I'm keeping them because they appear on par with all other rotors I've seen for this application and they were marked down to $37.95 shipped free. But I highly doubt these are Italian Brembo rotors.

Can anyone shed light on this?

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sk...gs+Best+Seller
Attached Thumbnails GXP Brembo Rear Rotors Available!-27399_01.jpg   GXP Brembo Rear Rotors Available!-27399_02.jpg   GXP Brembo Rear Rotors Available!-27399_04.jpg   GXP Brembo Rear Rotors Available!-27399_05.jpg   GXP Brembo Rear Rotors Available!-27399_06.jpg  

Old 08-18-2011, 07:11 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those rotors look super Chinese.. Big difference from the pics Brakemotive put out of the rotors he was selling.. Try them out, of course, but I wouldn't count on them holding up as well as those Brembos up front..

Also, use the proper "breaking in" your rotors/pads methods as it could save you a ton of wear time, braking performance and sometimes even a reduction in brake dust.. Also helps to prevent warping from excessive heat and flying into a puddle with super hot rotors, though it's never a good idea, will be less damaging to your parts..

Quick Reply: GXP Brembo Rear Rotors Available!