Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got tuned

Car was tuned by Flaco.

Mod on car:
DT headers
Scorpion 1.8's
K&N CAI
DMH 2.5" e-cutout

I am very pleased with the final result. My car made 270.31hp, torque couldn't be measured since his cord wasn't long enough to reach my *** backwards car!! He said that it should be close to the 300tq range going off of the mph, but I'm not too worried about that. I will say that he is a very stand up guy due to the fact that he didn't try to blow my car up!! One pull he did my car made 280hp, but he said that it was WAYYY to lean and would potentially cause damage to my car, so he fixed it properly and it still made 270hp. I WILL be taking it back to him once my LS6 intake swap is complete.

I'd skip to about 20-25 sec's on this video

Old 09-10-2011, 11:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

nice numbers. i want to find someone in my area to do a dyno tune
Old 09-11-2011, 01:21 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Who??????

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 09-11-2011, 06:36 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
Who??????
As in who's Flaco?

This is Flaco:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfcmloLIkK4&feature=fvst

He's a very respected builder and tuner in Texas. Very well known in the truck world.

He worked some magic with my car as well. My car runs very smooth and shifts like a champ after his tune. I will be going back to him after my LS6 intake swap and DOD delete is complete.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Its about damn time you got it tuned!!! LOL Great choice of tuner btw. How many pulls did he do and what did he charge ? Hopefully you bring the SS down here for some friendly runs at the track.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

We have almost identical mods except I run 1.85s and no cutout, I put up very similar numbers, 276 was my best pull. Are those numbers cutout closed then I would guess?

Did you swap pushrods when doing the rocker install?

Last edited by redlightrampage; 09-11-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by smokin06impala ss
Its about damn time you got it tuned!!! LOL Great choice of tuner btw. How many pulls did he do and what did he charge ? Hopefully you bring the SS down here for some friendly runs at the track.
I know, it's only been a year since I put all the stuff on!! He must have done about 10-12 pulls before HE was happy with the tune and some heat soak. It was $350, which I thought he charged more. I didn't even ask before I took it to him. I was leaving out of town the next night and needed it done.

Originally Posted by redlightrampage
We have almost identical mods except I run 1.85s and no cutout, I put up very similar numbers, 276 was my best pull. Are those numbers cutout closed then I would guess?

Did you swap pushrods when doing the rocker install?
280.xx was my best pull while he was tuning, but he said that it was too lean of a tune for a DD car and could potentially cause things to fail. As much as I would have liked the 280hp, I'm glad he just didn't try to make high numbers then my car explode in a month or two.

Cutout was open the whole time.

Yep rods were changed out as well as springs(put LS6 yellows in there).
Old 09-11-2011, 10:25 PM
TECH Resident

When I go back to him after my other mods, I'm going to ask him to do some open/closed cut out pulls to see the difference. I didn't even think about it this time, I was just happy to finally get tuned!
Old 09-11-2011, 11:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ImpSS07
I know, it's only been a year since I put all the stuff on!! He must have done about 10-12 pulls before HE was happy with the tune and some heat soak. It was $350, which I thought he charged more. I didn't even ask before I took it to him. I was leaving out of town the next night and needed it done.
Damn that's a pretty good price , I also thought he charged more. Hope to see that SS around my area sometime in the next months.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:02 PM
TECH Resident

I don't know, maybe for new years will be the earliest I'd get down there. I've been up here by Ft. Worth on a job for 2.5 months now and am probably going to start another one by College Station when this one is done.