LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

blower motor

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 11:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default blower motor

do these things fail often? i had issues with my hvac system a 4 month ago, i thought it was the control module but that didnt fix it so i put the old one back in. gave the blower motor a tap with a screw driver and it started working lol.
i went ahead and did the gm resistor mod to prevent spikes from hitting the system.

anyway it work up until a few days ago. i'm assuming it is the blower motor. anyone else have this issue?
Old 12-06-2011, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

well that fixed it. was pretty simple, just 3 little clips to pull the bottom of the dash off, then 3 screws.
had to lay some funky ways to get a view of what i was doing. have to say that was one of the easiest things i've had to fix on a car in a long time.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Can you take some pics and show what you did?
Old 12-07-2011, 11:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

sorry got it back together already. but its pretty simple. you just have to remove the panel under the glove box, its the one that has the light attached to it(on the gxp at least)3 little plastic push pin vivets, once that thats out there are 3 copper colored screws, remove those and the harness connector and its out.