LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

transmission warranty Q&A

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 09:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down transmission warranty Q&A

So from my understanding I have a 5yr 100,000mi drivetrain warranty. My question is.. how do I go about getting a repair under warranty?? Any gm dealer?

Mine doesnt slip or do anything much.. clunks when I put it in gear.. and REALLY clunks if I'm on a incline or decline and putting it in gear..

Would these problems qualify me for a new tranny?? I'm a 08 so my 5 yr is up soon.. I'd like to get a new tranny if I could
Old 03-11-2012, 10:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I had my 06 Impala SS I had the AAA extended warranty that covered EVERYTHING bumper to bumper. Usually warranty companies won't cover it unless it completely craps out. Then they go through a process of having an adjuster come out to where the vehicle is and they have to look at it and etc. sometimes I can't stand warranty companies
Old 03-11-2012, 03:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If it's a factory drivetrain warranty, then the trans is covered. However, I doubt the "clunk" will be covered. Since it's only happens on an incline, I'm assuming that either you don't use the emergency brake, or it's out of adjustment. I'd get that checked out before assuming it's the trans.