LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

My first race in the SS

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 06:17 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first race in the SS

Yesterday I raced my buddies slightly modded 97 Lincoln Mark 8. His car usually runs a 14.4 at the track. We went from a stop and of course I spun like crazy and he got about a car length on me. When I finally got traction, I started pulling pretty good but I didn't get passed him till about 95 mph so I'm not sure if I beat him in the quarter or not. It was an awesome close race.
Is there anyway to lauch these cars without spinning so much?
Old 03-14-2012, 08:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SSWHITE07
Yesterday I raced my buddies slightly modded 97 Lincoln Mark 8. His car usually runs a 14.4 at the track. We went from a stop and of course I spun like crazy and he got about a car length on me. When I finally got traction, I started pulling pretty good but I didn't get passed him till about 95 mph so I'm not sure if I beat him in the quarter or not. It was an awesome close race.
Is there anyway to lauch these cars without spinning so much?
I know a guy that had a Mark8 with straight pipe exhaust. That thing was nasty! But if you guys are going from a dig, hold your left foot on the brake and with your right foot bring the RPMs to about 1500 and keep it there. Then when it's a go, let go of the brake and accelerate. The key is to not mash the gas right off the bat because you will spin like crazy. Just kinda baby the gas then when you start gaining traction you put the pedal to the medal. These cara have alot of torque and will light the front tires up with ease.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:12 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks I will try that next time. I have never race my ss yet and this is the first fwd v8 I have ever had. It was a good race but I really lit them up.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:18 AM
TECH Regular

Good match up really. Suprizing you were reeling him in. A marauder would be a good race too, same 4 valve cobra motor im pretty sure.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:47 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by AutoRoc
Good match up really. Suprizing you were reeling him in. A marauder would be a good race too, same 4 valve cobra motor im pretty sure.
Marauders are same as the 4valves in the mach 1's
Old 03-14-2012, 10:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SSWHITE07
Thanks I will try that next time. I have never race my ss yet and this is the first fwd v8 I have ever had. It was a good race but I really lit them up.
Yeah just be prepared to buy tires with in a year lol I wore my parellis out really fast when I had my impala.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:21 PM
Staging Lane

Pirelli's ....... sorry had to