LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

G6 GTP or Grand Prix GXP?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 11:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackImpSS
Id just keep the gtp. If its just going to be your DD why worry about mods and how fast it is? I'd be more concerned with mpg and reliability. Plus you have a much better platform to mod in your garage.
The GTP's are rated the same city mileage and slightly worse highway, so I wouldn't really throw fuel savings into the comparison.

GTP:
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/21854.shtml

GXP:
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/24052.shtml
Old 04-27-2012, 06:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just assumed it got better than that since its a g6 with a v6. My 3.4 monte get 32 mpg highway. Also the Gtp probably doesn't like to burn oil like these ls4 cars.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:19 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BlackImpSS
I just assumed it got better than that since its a g6 with a v6. My 3.4 monte get 32 mpg highway. Also the Gtp probably doesn't like to burn oil like these ls4 cars.
Oil is only a problem in a hand full of cars. My car has had DoD on since the day I bought it and has no issues with burning oil while others have burned since then getgo. You can tune DoD out though which would raise city MPG and lower highway MPG though, which would also get rid of the oil burning issue. I think this boils down to is aesthetic looks, performance, and future reliability. G6's are fast V6's stock, don't get me wrong. But where I live I see a hundred a day I swear, where I've only seen a handful of GXP's. Plus, I can't live without my HUD and that V8 rumble
Old 04-28-2012, 08:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah mine ate oil after a month or so after buying the car I decided to check the oil bc everyone says they burn oil, and what a surprise no oil on the dipstick. Tuned DOD out and now has synthetic. But I agree I'd rather have a gxp, but since he has a firehawk I think the Gtp will make a better DD bc it will probably have less issues. But in the end it boils down to what the OP wants to drive everyday. Personally I'd DD the firehawk lol.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:57 AM
TECH Regular

I hear ya lol
Old 04-29-2012, 02:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for all the replies guys. I think I'm gonna try and find an 07 GTP with the 3.6L and 6speed auto. Gotta figure that car will be a little bit quicker and better on gas to boot. Can't believe some of the deals on these G6s.. they're really very nice cars for DD and drive real nice for what they are.

Quick Reply: G6 GTP or Grand Prix GXP?