LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Cartuning Trans Pan Spacer and filter adapter

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 07:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same here. Kevin has always been available and extremely helpful with products purchased. I've purchased two turbo kits as well as transmission work, no issues ever.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:50 PM
KRG
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had good dealings with Kevin also. Always calls me back even on a weekend. I've ben waiting for this spcer for a while now, good to see he is getting it going. Only guy who does R&D on our transmissions anymore.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:27 PM
Staging Lane

Supercarxr7 - just got done watching all your video's on Utube- they were fantastic!! And exciting to say the least!! Great times! On your tranny spacer pan - did you have to notch your cradle to get it on. I put one on my car (24 mm thick almost 1") and I had to notch the cradle about 1/2" and 14" long and weld a brace to fill the space to make it fit was wondering if you did also. Based on my calculations of the inside volume of the spacer I picked up a bit more the 3 quarts on mine. Did you calculate the 1-2 quarts or just add to fill and that is how much it took? I should have my damper in a week or so and will let you know when I get it. I sent a PM but maybe you did not get it.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bahdeets
Supercarxr7 - just got done watching all your video's on Utube- they were fantastic!! And exciting to say the least!! Great times! On your tranny spacer pan - did you have to notch your cradle to get it on. I put one on my car (24 mm thick almost 1") and I had to notch the cradle about 1/2" and 14" long and weld a brace to fill the space to make it fit was wondering if you did also. Based on my calculations of the inside volume of the spacer I picked up a bit more the 3 quarts on mine. Did you calculate the 1-2 quarts or just add to fill and that is how much it took? I should have my damper in a week or so and will let you know when I get it. I sent a PM but maybe you did not get it.
Thank you Sam, I look forward to seeing your car once you have it here.

On the 1" spacer Cartuning made for me I did not have to notch the cradle to get it on. I removed the driver side subframe bolts and put a jack under the oil pan to move the engine/trans up about an inch for install. This allowed for me to slide in the 1" spacer and bolt it up. I had to trim the lip of my trans oil pan down the side that goes along the subframe. For LS4 cars the spacer from Cartuning will more than likely be 3/4" as the 1" spacer is slightly close to the subframe on my car. This was the prototype for test fit. Around 2 quarts was added. Did your guy make an adapter to lower your filter as well? Need to get that filter lower in the pan. Got your PM on the damper, busy with work lately.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:01 AM
Staging Lane

Mark: I designed my spacer and extension myself and contracted out the machining. The spacer is 24 mm just under an inch by a few thousands of an inch. The extension was made from a piece of 6061 T6 aluminum bar. The extension was made to drop the filter down exactly the 24 mm also. The spacer utilizes the small adaptor with that rubber seal both on the tranny and one was machined into the end of adaptor so the filter fits into the extension just like it would fit into the tranny. A template of the gasket was used to make the outline of the spacer with .090" added to the width of the spacer on both the inside and the outside totally 3/16" overall. Then the spacer was anodized blue. But no matter what we did the cradle had to be notched to make the spacer fit. I have a cast aluminum pan and it is a bit wider at the lip making things even worse for spacing. That lip is right at the cradle when assembled - I had no alternative but to notch. Will keep you updated on the damper. I am hoping it ships to me this week or next.

Quick Reply: Cartuning Trans Pan Spacer and filter adapter