Well i did it too. Traded the Imp ss

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 07:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 08-21-2012, 08:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cant believe i wasted my time following this argument. we are in the LS4 section right?
Old 08-21-2012, 09:17 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

@ MasterTomos and any other chrysler troll

Last edited by 91parkave; 08-21-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lmfao...you guys...holy ****...gotta have the last word don't you? Go ahead and have it if it makes you feel so awesome. I LOVE the fact that I am now a chrysler troll/fanboy because I understand what makes a good performance car. But yes, carry on with your faggotry. I hope everyone on tech knows to respect you guys now (seriously laughing out loud)...

Oh, on a side note: I hope your car that's 10 years newer and costs 3 times as much as mine (see what I did there?) with more HP and more torque could beat an LT1 stock for stock, but the funny thing is, it's pretty much a driver's race. Get into the bolt-on comparisons and it's game over for the LS4, just sayin. Oh, and my optispark is running strong at 17 years old, and can be replaced in an afternoon in my garage for a couple hudred bucks. Let's see if your guy's transmissions do that

sincerely, the hardcore chrysler guy
Old 08-21-2012, 11:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MasterTomos
. I LOVE the fact that I am now a chrysler troll/fanboy because I understand what makes a good performance car
Dude, you have an LT1...What could you possibly know about a performance car?

Old 08-21-2012, 11:22 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 91parkave
@ MasterTomos and any other chrysler troll
Close...

He actually reminds me of this:

Last edited by LS1 Racing; 08-21-2012 at 11:29 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MasterTomos
Lmfao...you guys...holy ****...gotta have the last word don't you? Go ahead and have it if it makes you feel so awesome. I LOVE the fact that I am now a chrysler troll/fanboy because I understand what makes a good performance car. But yes, carry on with your faggotry. I hope everyone on tech knows to respect you guys now (seriously laughing out loud)...

Oh, on a side note: I hope your car that's 10 years newer and costs 3 times as much as mine (see what I did there?) with more HP and more torque could beat an LT1 stock for stock, but the funny thing is, it's pretty much a driver's race. Get into the bolt-on comparisons and it's game over for the LS4, just sayin. Oh, and my optispark is running strong at 17 years old, and can be replaced in an afternoon in my garage for a couple hudred bucks. Let's see if your guy's transmissions do that

sincerely, the hardcore chrysler guy
i dont think its a drivers race. and you do realize your car is supposed to be a muscle car right? being beaten by a fwd family car, but by the logic you used before with ls1racing(remember when his car pulled an srt? then even if you did manage to beat an ls4 in your car it would still be a 15yr old pos that would be worth 2k and no one would want or be impressed by.

i also think its funny thats the thing you picked out of everything i said to you to comment about(defending your car. shocker.) not how you come off as an *** in your posts, not with a car from the same era in the same class for the same price that can beat an ls4, and not any factual examples of anything just more mindless babble.
i think youve been bested my friend. you should just stop. i vote to this man! alabama where are you? shouldnt you be removing this guy by now?

oh and im quite sure the ops car can give us a pretty good smoke show. im sure he just decided to stop popping into his thread thats been **** on by the non ls4 people of the world.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:07 AM
On The Tree

I'm sure his car can put up a nice smoke show as well. Considering my wife can do it in our 5.7 300c.

He's probably not posting because he is out enjoying his car now instead of sitting around his house worrying about whether or not the tranny is going to take a crap on him.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:51 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Jay z28
I'm sure his car can put up a nice smoke show as well. Considering my wife can do it in our 5.7 300c.

He's probably not posting because he is out enjoying his car now instead of sitting around his house worrying about whether or not the tranny is going to take a crap on him.
No, the NAG1 is a pretty solid trans. He will be stuck good when the "pink thingy" breaks and he can't shift out of park.

He has plenty of other things to worry about with a Charger though. It's actually a good thing he doesn't have the 6.1 hemi, then he would be worrying about a new engine before 75k.

/popcorn
Old 08-22-2012, 11:59 AM
Staging Lane

What's to worry about with chargers? All I have heard is crappy tie rod ends and electrical things.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beating a dead horse here guys. For the recors our only competition is the Acura TL , and at nearly twice the price , 3x the tq steer , and being .3-.5 slower than us , its not much competition.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by The_Madcat
No, the NAG1 is a pretty solid trans. He will be stuck good when the "pink thingy" breaks and he can't shift out of park.

He has plenty of other things to worry about with a Charger though. It's actually a good thing he doesn't have the 6.1 hemi, then he would be worrying about a new engine before 75k.

/popcorn
I don't know about the OP, but I'd rather have a clip in my shifter break and leave me stranded for an afternoon than have my transmission go and have to replace it.

As for the 6.1 comment, not sure where you are trying to go with that one..
Old 08-22-2012, 01:17 PM
On The Tree

Maybe if you actually researched this stuff before spewing out crap you would know what I mean by the 6.1 engine comment.... I'm not even a Mopar guy and I know about this.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:49 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1 Racing
Dude, you have an LT1...What could you possibly know about a performance car?

You seriously said that? How many LT1 cars on this site could absolutely destroy your Camaro? You better step your game up a bit if you want to start talking trash about LT1 cars.

I had a 95 Z28 M6 that ran a 13.8 @ 101 stock. Never lost to the almighty LS4 cars that I encountered a few times either. Dig, roll, you name it, I had no problems. A drivers race with the edge to the LT1 car in my experience. What do I know though? I don't have any experience with LS motors...

A lot of you guys in this section get butt hurt way too easily. One guy points out some MAJOR flaws in the platform and studs like The Monte Man are calling for their almighty "Moderator" and leader to ban him? Haha, venture outside your little box and see what actually goes on here on LS1Tech.

God forbid someone who doesn't own a LS4 car post in one of your threads. I hate open forums like this. We should have to prove we are worthy enough to post about these awesome machines.

OP, congrats on the upgrade!
Old 08-22-2012, 02:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm not posting here to start nor take sides on any part of this beef but the reliability of my LS4 compared to my Charger was not even any competition. I've experienced two transmission failures, eletrical problems, replaced brakes way too often, a broken head gasket, needed a pulley, and was stuck in park while I had my Impala SS for two years. My Charger so far has been reliable besides the car being stuck in park (replaced the pink shift interlock latch myself which was a pain). I loved my Impala but that car had too many issues so I chose the Charger. I miss the uniqueness of the Impala. Surprising people at lights and etc. but I couldn't go through another transmission break down again. I love the aggressive style of the Charger and the combination of RWD and a v8. The performance gains with the minor mods I have is pretty darn good if I say so my self. Dynoed with 313.7 HP and 362.3 lbs of tq and also ran a best 13.71 at the local track back in June. I've made plenty of friends here and I plan to keep it that way. Every car has a flaw whether it's a GM, Mopar, or Ford. Take it for what it's worth.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by The_Madcat
Maybe if you actually researched this stuff before spewing out crap you would know what I mean by the 6.1 engine comment.... I'm not even a Mopar guy and I know about this.
It's easy to spew information without any sources. Try putting some credible sources in your posts when claiming that all 6.1 engines need to be replaced before 75K miles. I'm not the one spewing ridiculous claims.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RedRocketZ28
You seriously said that? How many LT1 cars on this site could absolutely destroy your Camaro? You better step your game up a bit if you want to start talking trash about LT1 cars.

I had a 95 Z28 M6 that ran a 13.8 @ 101 stock. Never lost to the almighty LS4 cars that I encountered a few times either. Dig, roll, you name it, I had no problems. A drivers race with the edge to the LT1 car in my experience. What do I know though? I don't have any experience with LS motors...

A lot of you guys in this section get butt hurt way too easily. One guy points out some MAJOR flaws in the platform and studs like The Monte Man are calling for their almighty "Moderator" and leader to ban him? Haha, venture outside your little box and see what actually goes on here on LS1Tech.

God forbid someone who doesn't own a LS4 car post in one of your threads. I hate open forums like this. We should have to prove we are worthy enough to post about these awesome machines.

OP, congrats on the upgrade!
More lack of reading comprehension...Lovely.

For the last time, I don't think any LS4 owner has any illusions about the drawbacks to our cars. We know the transmissions have issues and that FWD isn't the best for drag racing. Tell us something we don't know.

But what we do take issue with is the fact that a non-owner comes in here, ***** all over the car, then wonders why people are pissed. He then continues to blather about how much better another car is, without even knowing much about either one. That's what's pissing people off here.

As for the LT1 comment, sure. There's always someone faster, and I'm sure there are hardcore LT1s out there that will hand me my ***. But guess what? I was specifically talking about the MasterTomas' mid-13 second car. Dude barely breaks 100 MPH in the quarter and he thinks he knows performance. Well **** him. He has little credibility in this arena, so he ought to accept that fact.

Yeah, people can come in post whatever they want, but they also ought to be ready for the consequences if they **** people off. If you're just going to talk ****, then be prepared to get called a troll and worse.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:47 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1 Racing
More lack of reading comprehension...Lovely.
Please explain. I don't see where I was lacking any reading comprehension.

I simply stated that one guy came in here and pointed out the major flaws of the platform. I am fully aware that most who own a LS4 car in this section know about the drawbacks already.

I still find your previous comment about LT1 cars and performance amusing. For a 20 year old motor, it still holds its own just fine.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:08 PM
Teching In

Mustang Syndrome: The belief that your car is automatically better then any other car based on the name.

Yeah, I made that up.

And it seems alot of F-body guys fall into this catagory too. The big problem I see is that everyone else comes in here and talks **** on the LS4 because they think it doesn't belong. Well, so what? Too quote the Eagles: "Get over it". I personally have no gripe over the Charger as I've looked at a few myself. (AWD models) Being 22 years old and living in New York I don't exactly have the luxury of being able too afford one, or a Camaro, or a Mustang and be able too drive it all year long. So for me, my Monte is really the perfect car. Front wheel drive for the winter, decent gas milage, roomy, fast, good looking, and it was cheap. As far as the Transmission... just turned 95k and it's still going strong. And I drive it like I stole it. So the transmission argument is moot for me.

To the OP, enjoy the car, too the rest of you, shut up and enjoy your cars. Stop getting so damned butthurt over everything.

Cause if you do, you're a PUNK *** BITCH, and no one wants to be that.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by demonspeeder1
To the OP, enjoy the car, too the rest of you, shut up and enjoy your cars. Stop getting so damned butthurt over everything.
This

Quick Reply: Well i did it too. Traded the Imp ss