Old 08-24-2012, 07:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its just a car. Put gas in it and go.
Problem solved!
Old 08-24-2012, 08:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What's this talk about a charger? And what the hell is a mod?
Old 08-24-2012, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1 Racing
Sure, back in the day, the LT1 was the ****...But that day was in the mid-90's. The only reason people own them now is because either (A) They've had one since it was new and they held onto it, or (B) They bought one because they couldn't afford to buy an LS1 car on their McDonald's salary.

I'm guessing you guys fall into the "B" category.
I know my account balances. One would also look at my sig and say - Hmm, perhaps he could afford an LS1 car. Or the 2 checks I just wrote paying for tuition in full for the semester and pre-paying the full semesters worth of rent. I'm a senior with $0 in student loans. You're right, my McDonald's salary makes it hard for me to afford things

To clarify, I bought my old LT1 when I was 18 because it was my first RWD V8 car and I budgeted myself to $6k cash knowing college was coming up and wanted to pay for it in full. Sold it last year when I was 21

Some days I oddly enough kind of miss that POS

Originally Posted by demonspeeder1
As for the rest of you... Why, why, why, come in here and talk **** on a platform you obviously don't like.
I like the LS4 for what it is. A very capable motor in an affordable, cheap, front drive sedan. If it wasn't in such a horrible platform, (glass transmissions, FWD, etc.) it'd have a lot more potential. However, comparing it to a Charger is almost apples to oranges because the Charges are so much better and are a RWD platform. This is coming from a GM guy. Don't take so much offense to it. Sorry for pissing in everybody's cheerios
Old 08-25-2012, 12:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll vouch for RedRocket, he's been pretty mellow about this whole deal.

As for the rest of you... Why, why, why, come in here and talk **** on a platform you obviously don't like. I mean, certainly you HAVE something better too do, right? Mow the lawn, brush your teeth, jerk off? Seriously, you can't defend that, I get you can post here, and this is 'merica, and the bill of privlages says you can. But let's talk a hypothetical situation for a sec... Suppose a bunch of Evo or Sti guys joined this site (Because they have too much time on there hands) they go in too your threads and start giving you **** because you bought American cars that are SUPPOSEDLY of inferior build quality. They bring up your shitty gas mileage, and making the same power as them on bigger motors, and blah, blah, blah. Or some Lamborghini guys sign up and call you all poor 'cause you can't afford one? You'd jump there ****. YOU would ******* flip. Well, that's what it's like when you come in here with your bullshit. Congrats, you have a Camaro, so does a bunch of other ******* people. How many LS4s do you see around? Not many. Not because there inferior (any car can be better with mods so that argument is moot, ya *****) but because obviously the Camaro is the more popular model. And that's ok,it's all about what YOU want. That's the whole point of being an enthusiast, sure you could buy a Camaro and have a huge aftermarket and have a popular model, or buy something under the radar, that's unique and challenging. Too me, that's more fun then having something everyone else has. I can't blame LS4 guys for getting pissed, I mean ****, you come in here and talk down too us just because you think we don't belong. **** off. We don't go over too your section and start ****. So why? Other then the obvious sexual inadequacies, Why start ****?

And where the hell is the mod?
How often do you see clean, tasetfully modified LT1 cars? Not often at all, around here anyway. Around here, I see probably 5-10 LS4 cars a day without looking for them. Also, now you're claiming it's cool to be an underdog because it's unique? ****, you'd love an LT1 car then! The aftermarket for these is not nearly what it is for the LS1 fbody's.

Again, I can't begin to understand you're whole high and mighty attitude when you've obviously got the spare time to sit around and call people names, and act like you're not doing the same exact thing as (most) everyone else in this thread. I have yet to call anybody a name, or be the first to insult anyone directly. These are sports sedans, nobody has ever said they were worthless, or didn't serve a purpose. But when people start comparing these to actual purpose built performance cars and name-calling and insulting people directly, THAT's what started the **** storm.

I really don't care if anyone talks **** about my car, because anyone who doesn't recognize the bang for the buck and potential of a 4th gen doesn't really understand performance cars anyway. This whole site revolves aroung these cars, there's 8 second drag cars, SCCA multi-time champions, 11 second street cars, world record holders, innovators and fabricators that have made a living off these cars, 200+ mph mojave mile cars beating bugatti's (literally), the list goes on. If someone has an obviously superior car, I'll give them that and won't be mad about it-there's always someone faster and I welcome competition (I have self esteem and relize how little it matters in the grand scheme of life). I won't start name calling and getting mad, because I'm an adult.

Sorry to those who got offended when I said the Charger was a better car. The facts are that it's within a few 10th's in the 1/4, it's a much bigger car, RWD, a sturdier platform all around (full frame car), with a better aftermarket support. Literally NONE of those things are opinion. If you don't accept fact, and need to resort to name calling and **** talking like high school street racers, you're going to get treated like it.

My original intentions were to congratulate OP, and let him know he made a wise choice in my opinion. Sorry all of you guys felt the need to disagree and start talking ****.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have no idea why these threads make me giggle, I must be almost as mature as my kids? I had to go back to the beginning to see where this started.

Originally Posted by MasterTomos
Don't look back. The charger is a huge step up IMO. More durable, better drivetrain, handles better, more room, higher potential, and better looking IMO. No offense to anybody, but the LS4 front drive is a terrible performance platform, especially with the glass transmissions. It's just an "okay" in every category that it tries to fit into, it tries to be too many things, and thus isn't too great at one single thing.
What a dick.

I laughed a little when I read this, I had hunch it was heading this way.

I'm goin do my part to make this thread epic.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Aleros suck
Old 08-25-2012, 10:15 AM
9 Second Club

Brian, my Alero would walk all over your boosted LS4 any day!
Old 08-25-2012, 12:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

You must have a lt1 swapped alero...haha I had too
Old 08-25-2012, 02:13 PM
Teching In

How often do you see clean, tasetfully modified LT1 cars? Not often at all, around here anyway. Around here, I see probably 5-10 LS4 cars a day without looking for them. Also, now you're claiming it's cool to be an underdog because it's unique? ****, you'd love an LT1 car then! The aftermarket for these is not nearly what it is for the LS1 fbody's.

Again, I can't begin to understand you're whole high and mighty attitude when you've obviously got the spare time to sit around and call people names, and act like you're not doing the same exact thing as (most) everyone else in this thread. I have yet to call anybody a name, or be the first to insult anyone directly. These are sports sedans, nobody has ever said they were worthless, or didn't serve a purpose. But when people start comparing these to actual purpose built performance cars and name-calling and insulting people directly, THAT's what started the **** storm.

I really don't care if anyone talks **** about my car, because anyone who doesn't recognize the bang for the buck and potential of a 4th gen doesn't really understand performance cars anyway. This whole site revolves aroung these cars, there's 8 second drag cars, SCCA multi-time champions, 11 second street cars, world record holders, innovators and fabricators that have made a living off these cars, 200+ mph mojave mile cars beating bugatti's (literally), the list goes on. If someone has an obviously superior car, I'll give them that and won't be mad about it-there's always someone faster and I welcome competition (I have self esteem and relize how little it matters in the grand scheme of life). I won't start name calling and getting mad, because I'm an adult.

Sorry to those who got offended when I said the Charger was a better car. The facts are that it's within a few 10th's in the 1/4, it's a much bigger car, RWD, a sturdier platform all around (full frame car), with a better aftermarket support. Literally NONE of those things are opinion. If you don't accept fact, and need to resort to name calling and **** talking like high school street racers, you're going to get treated like it.

My original intentions were to congratulate OP, and let him know he made a wise choice in my opinion. Sorry all of you guys felt the need to disagree and start talking ****.
Nah, most of the Lt1 cars I see are rusted out **** boxes driven by 18 year old kids who bought them for 600 bucks and think they're better then everyone because they have a Camaro. (Hmm) As far as my "high and mighty attitude", you could be right, or it could be because every now and then one of you guys wanders over into this board and feels the need to take a stab at our cars and it gets really annoying, Also, "Purpose-built" is subjective. What's the purpose? Performance? Also subjective. What exactly are the standards here? Oh! I know! Purely based on opinion. You want "purpose-built", tack on another 200-300 thousand dollars on your sticker price and buy something preferably Italian. Before I go too far, like you did with the Mojave mile cars, I'll come back and remind you that we're talking about street cars, daily drivers, A to B cars. If that's what you meant by purpose built then, yeah, an LS4 car is going to take a **** load of money to make it that. BUT it is possible. Not preferable, but possible. And finally, congrats on the self esteem. I didn't realize I was lacking it! I thought I had a good handle on it being 22 with my whole life ahead of me still, going to college for something I love, having my own place, and car, and just generally having done more with my life already then 90% of my peers, or hell, most people in there 40s! Damnit, I suck!

Here's my point: I don't care about the Charger, I don't care about your lt1/ls1/ls6/whatever. I don't care about how cool you think you are. My entire point is that YOU guys come in here and give us ****, for no reason. And it's finally come to a head. I mean, we might as well throw on a Mustang section so we ALL can be told we bought pieces of ****. I just don't feel the need too insult somebody because of there preference in vehicle choice. That message went too everyone. I was leaning a little more in favor of the LS4 guys because we do put up with **** from the rest of 'tech. It's ridiculous.

Anyway, I'm done arguing with people. It's pointless, I mean, a farmer doesn't bother telling a pig his breath smells like ****, right?

Cheers.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Nah, most of the Lt1 cars I see are rusted out **** boxes driven by 18 year old kids who bought them for 600 bucks and think they're better then everyone because they have a Camaro. (Hmm) As far as my "high and mighty attitude", you could be right, or it could be because every now and then one of you guys wanders over into this board and feels the need to take a stab at our cars and it gets really annoying, Also, "Purpose-built" is subjective. What's the purpose? Performance? Also subjective. What exactly are the standards here? Oh! I know! Purely based on opinion. You want "purpose-built", tack on another 200-300 thousand dollars on your sticker price and buy something preferably Italian. Before I go too far, like you did with the Mojave mile cars, I'll come back and remind you that we're talking about street cars, daily drivers, A to B cars. If that's what you meant by purpose built then, yeah, an LS4 car is going to take a **** load of money to make it that. BUT it is possible. Not preferable, but possible. And finally, congrats on the self esteem. I didn't realize I was lacking it! I thought I had a good handle on it being 22 with my whole life ahead of me still, going to college for something I love, having my own place, and car, and just generally having done more with my life already then 90% of my peers, or hell, most people in there 40s! Damnit, I suck!

Here's my point: I don't care about the Charger, I don't care about your lt1/ls1/ls6/whatever. I don't care about how cool you think you are. My entire point is that YOU guys come in here and give us ****, for no reason. And it's finally come to a head. I mean, we might as well throw on a Mustang section so we ALL can be told we bought pieces of ****. I just don't feel the need too insult somebody because of there preference in vehicle choice. That message went too everyone. I was leaning a little more in favor of the LS4 guys because we do put up with **** from the rest of 'tech. It's ridiculous.

Anyway, I'm done arguing with people. It's pointless, I mean, a farmer doesn't bother telling a pig his breath smells like ****, right?

Cheers.
There actually is a guy on here (can't remember his screen name) that has a matte green camaro with a stroker motor that he pretty much built himself. Young guy too. He posted up a video not long ago of him running it in the Mojave Mile and beating a Bugatti. 408 Stroker/Turbo I believe. I'm not saying it's common, I'm saying it's one of many accomplishments that have been done with these cars.

It's cool and all that you have those things at 22 years old when many people don't, but we probably shouldn't get into that contest.

Originally Posted by Brian396
Aleros suck
How ******* dare you...you don't even own one, how do you know they suck?
Old 08-26-2012, 02:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Second best thread in the LS4 section since Bama introduce himself as the new moderator !!!

Old 08-27-2012, 09:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There actually is a guy on here (can't remember his screen name) that has a matte green camaro with a stroker motor that he pretty much built himself. Young guy too. He posted up a video not long ago of him running it in the Mojave Mile and beating a Bugatti. 408 Stroker/Turbo I believe. I'm not saying it's common, I'm saying it's one of many accomplishments that have been done with these cars.

It's cool and all that you have those things at 22 years old when many people don't, but we probably shouldn't get into that contest.
That's Josh, it's an LQ4 based-motor, and I know him personally. He's brilliant and very humble.

You'd never catch him trolling in a forum not related to his interests.

Quick Reply: Well i did it too. Traded the Imp ss