LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

2006 Impala SS VS 2011 Mustang V6

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 03:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackImpSS
Clearly you know everything about cars you didn't know what engine was in our cars. And you think your going to slap a turbo on a 5.3 and make 1000 rwhp.

And just an FYI bolt on 2011+ v6 mustangs have gone 12's in the 1/4 they are no slouch.

For what my car is used for its a definite upgrade from an fbody.
actually my tunner builds these 5.3L motors a long with a lot of other motors and I can get a turbo 5.3L from him for 7k and have 1000rwhp clearly you dont know what your capable of with your car then again im sure you probably put 20in spinners on your ride....
Old 02-22-2013, 05:10 PM
Teching In

LOL even with 1000hp, u won't be going anywhere in these cars cause the tranny will implode!!!!

On a seriouse note, ur egine will never hold up if u run a turbo with enough boost for 1000hp....
Old 02-22-2013, 05:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by "MAC"
actually my tunner builds these 5.3L motors a long with a lot of other motors and I can get a turbo 5.3L from him for 7k and have 1000rwhp clearly you dont know what your capable of with your car then again im sure you probably put 20in spinners on your ride....
Good job you can buy an engine capable of 1000 hp for 7k. You do realize you need to buy a turbo kit (6-8k), built trans(3-4k), fuel system to support 1000 rwhp(1-2k), Built rearend(2-3k), You clearly do not know what it takes to build a 1000 rwhp car. I find it funny when people toss that number around like it something they see everyday.

It's funny your building a 1000 rwhp car and put "hand ported" 241 heads on your car.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:03 PM
Banned

Both of yall are complete idiots first i said id buy the 5.3L that the guy builds n second that means the 5.3L is turbo and with his own set up so what ever kind of heads he has would come with the motor as for all i need to do is spend good money on a tranny that will hold up to it and n good rear end that wouldnt break with kinda power. So the question really is why do you guys have a ***** front wheel drive impala when real men use rear wheel drive and bring the front tires off the grond. Bitches aint nothin but hoes n tricks just like your hot wheels of an excusse impala!!!
Old 02-22-2013, 07:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Both of yall are complete idiots first i said id buy the 5.3L that the guy builds n second that means the 5.3L is turbo and with his own set up so what ever kind of heads he has would come with the motor as for all i need to do is spend good money on a tranny that will hold up to it and n good rear end that wouldnt break with kinda power. So the question really is why do you guys have a ***** front wheel drive impala when real men use rear wheel drive and bring the front tires off the grond. Bitches aint nothin but hoes n tricks just like your hot wheels of an excusse impala!!!
Ok. The day you have 1000 rwhp car please pm me. Your so full of it. And please tell us how awesome your ws6 runs in the 1/4 and how high you pull your front tires off the ground.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:55 PM
Teching In

Why on earth you would even want a 1000rwhp car is beyond me. Even if it was solely for track purposes. Unless you were an expert, and I mean expert driver any 18 year old punk in a 500rwhp car with a decent set up for traction would blow your doors off in the quarter. Good luck getting all that power(notional because you probably have neither the money nor the knowledge to build said vehicle) to the ground idiot.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:46 PM
Banned

The guy that builds these motors builds drag racing motors and does tunning for a living he has a big shop and is very highly recommended around my area. Not to mention he has a lot of hook ups and plenty of machines to do anything to the motor he needs done. Hell he even has a partner ship with Summit because he sells a lot of there stuff online and around the local area. So do I believe what he says yea especially since all I see when I go to his shop is drag racing cars that run 8s and 9s all day. Also a 1000rwhp f-body is like having a 800rwhp fox body you don't see too many of them but yet you have seen them before either on YouTube or at the Texas Mile. They are out there and yes I can easily have this set up and be street able for all under 20K. 7K for the motor, installation, and tuning. 7k for a good transmission like a 6sp auto or a well build TH400 with over drive unit, 2k for a rear end, and 1500 for suspension. So is it possible do I have the money not yet because im going to college. Do I think that the new Maonte carlos and Impalas are not what they used to be yes because they are slow and crap. the old impalas had bbc and the old Monte Carlos are a lot lighter than what the new ones are so doing simple mods to the older cars woulda gave you a lot more power just saying.....

Last edited by DavidGXP; 02-23-2013 at 11:39 AM.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Come on guys lets keep it on topic .

Last edited by smokin06impala ss; 02-23-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Street and drag racing is totally different . Here is a vid of that same mustang racing a full bolt-on plus cam and stall 4.56 gears that runs high 12s .
Old 02-23-2013, 07:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So the question really is why do you guys have a ***** front wheel drive impala when real men use rear wheel drive and bring the front tires off the grond
Well that's weird, I read that and thought... Oh he must have a small *****.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:10 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BlackImpSS
Ok. The day you have 1000 rwhp car please pm me. Your so full of it. And please tell us how awesome your ws6 runs in the 1/4 and how high you pull your front tires off the ground.
We should buy a ws6 and see how slow we can make it LOL

Last edited by DavidGXP; 02-23-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:25 AM
12 Second Club

All of this smash mouth talk is funny as hell. Back to the original thread, does anyone remember this thread? https://ls1tech.com/forums/automotiv...ock-yikes.html These cars with a few mods, will put a lot of cars to shame, so don't feel bad... feel bad for Mustang owners trying to build a N/A 4.6L.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:31 AM
12 Second Club

The guy that builds these motors builds drag racing motors and does tunning for a living he has a big shop and is very highly recommended around my area. Not to mention he has a lot of hook ups and plenty of machines to do anything to the motor he needs done. Hell he even has a partner ship with Summit because he sells a lot of there stuff online and around the local area. So do I believe what he says yea especially since all I see when I go to his shop is drag racing cars that run 8s and 9s all day. Also a 1000rwhp f-body is like having a 800rwhp fox body you don't see too many of them but yet you have seen them before either on YouTube or at the Texas Mile. They are out there and yes I can easily have this set up and be street able for all under 20K. 7K for the motor, installation, and tuning. 7k for a good transmission like a 6sp auto or a well build TH400 with over drive unit, 2k for a rear end, and 1500 for suspension. So is it possible do I have the money not yet because im going to college. Do I think that the new Maonte carlos and Impalas are not what they used to be yes because they are slow and crap. the old impalas had bbc and the old Monte Carlos are a lot lighter than what the new ones are so doing simple mods to the older cars woulda gave you a lot more power just saying.....
No doubt you have a nice car, and good luck with your build Most of our cars are daily driven "PURE STREET" cars that run mid to high 13's. FWD works just fine for a daily. Slow as crap? I don't think so.. a 2005-2008 SS will smoke the dog **** out of a 80's Monte SS. I'm pretty sure most can beat the LT1 Impala SS's wih ease. BBC is beat left for tow trucks and drag cars IMO.

Originally Posted by 08GXPGXP
We should buy a ws6 and see how slow we can make it LOL
Just slap on a LS4 intake manifold, with some exhaust manifolds, and let the damage begin

Last edited by DavidGXP; 02-23-2013 at 11:52 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:38 AM
Teching In

That would be soooo depressing to own a 4.6l Stang and get beat by one of these. Ultimate /facepalm haha. Poor guys.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:53 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DavidGXP
No doubt you have a nice car, and good luck with your build Most of our cars are daily driven "PURE STREET" cars that run mid to high 13's. FWD works just fine for a daily. Slow as crap? I don't think so.. a 2005-2008 SS will smoke the dog **** out of a 80's Monte SS. I'm pretty sure most can beat the LT1 Impala SS's wih ease. BBC is beat left for tow trucks and drag cars IMO.

Just slap on a LS4 intake manifold, with some exhaust manifolds, and let the damage begin
I was thinking a motor swap. Say out of a fork lift LOL
Old 02-23-2013, 07:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by smokin06impala ss
Street and drag racing is totally different . Here is a vid of that same mustang racing a full bolt-on plus cam and stall 4.56 gears that runs high 12s .
http://youtu.be/feq9cdAGnuw
Thats funny because my car ran high 12s with headers lid and tune but yea this v6 mustang can beat my car no problem.......
Old 02-24-2013, 11:34 AM
Teching In

All your LS4's are junk hahaha my camaro and T/A are way faster....oh wait i drive a junk FWD LS4 everyday and love it. Why do people have to come in here and smash on our FWD LS cars? This is the section for LS4s....there will probably be talk of how we like our cars. And i assume this guy is referring to the truck 5.3s that "this guy" builds not our LS4s or we would all know of this 1000 hp car.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:40 PM
Staging Lane

I have raced on of those on the high way before and didnt have any trouble with it. I never tried to race one from a dig though. check the tuning on your car if you have a tune.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:37 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where's the fricken popcorn!!!! My car is faster than yours (nahnahnah) haha
Old 02-24-2013, 04:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by iowasls1
All your LS4's are junk hahaha my camaro and T/A are way faster....oh wait i drive a junk FWD LS4 everyday and love it. Why do people have to come in here and smash on our FWD LS cars? This is the section for LS4s....there will probably be talk of how we like our cars. And i assume this guy is referring to the truck 5.3s that "this guy" builds not our LS4s or we would all know of this 1000 hp car.

Yea I am he builds them turbo and all for 7k not a bad deal at all i think. He actually has an account on here but IDK what his name is on this forum. He is outta Flintstone Ga he does tuning, builds motors, and drag motors does a very good job too. He is actually putting a 454 in my dads 69 Camaro at the moment. I went to him because I was told he is better than Intune thats outta Cleveland Tn and I just moved back too Tn not to long ago so yall know how it is when you move.

Quick Reply: 2006 Impala SS VS 2011 Mustang V6