TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NoHope
---Quote (Originally by NoHope)---
LS1= 350HP

LS4 = 303HP

47HP advantage to the LS1.
---End Quote---
Not 350 in a Fbody. 305 hp in a Fbody. The SS /WS6 was 320.

As posted by LeadfootDuramax, got it in my emails. He deleted his post because he realized an Fbody LS1 actually does make 350HP...lol
He didn't delete his post its still up there ya ******* tool. But way to try and put someone on blast.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LeadfootDuramax
Not 350 in a Fbody. 305 hp in a Fbody. The SS /WS6 was 320.
You are an idiot if you believe it has 305HP.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by baltsk8er69
He didn't delete his post its still up there ya ******* tool. But way to try and put someone on blast.
My mistake, still rather be a tool than an idiot who believes the car only makes 305HP.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by lVloses
That is true, and with my subs my GXP weighs basically the same as a GTO. Maybe a bit more. GTO has 47hp more than the GXP and neither car pulls on the other.

The LS1 F-bodies had 310-325hp and weigh 200lbs less than a stock GXP. So if my GXP can keep up with a Goat that has 47hp more, I'd bet it could keep up with an F-body that only has 7-22hp more but weighs 200lbs less.
Your LS4 is a low 14 second car the LS1 Fbody is a low 13 second car. The LS1 in the Corvette is the same as the LS1 in the Fbody and it's the same as the LS1 in the GTO, they ALL make 350HP. GM didn't want to advertise that its Camaro Z28 makes 350HP, the same as their $45,000 Corvette.

Good luck trying to keep up with a stock LS1 Fbody, you'll need a miracle.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:42 AM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your LS4 is a low 14 second car the LS1 Fbody is a low 13 second car. The LS1 in the Corvette is the same as the LS1 in the Fbody and it's the same as the LS1 in the GTO, they ALL make 350HP. GM didn't want to advertise that its Camaro Z28 makes 350HP, the same as their $45,000 Corvette.

If I was stock it would be a good race. But nowadays I wouldn't have any problem running against a stock LS1 Fbody.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

If I was stock it would be a good race. But nowadays I wouldn't have any problem running against a stock LS1 Fbody.
LS1 Fbody > LS4 Wbody

LS1GTO > LS4 Wbody

Stock LS4's are not hitting 13's like the Fbody and GTO are.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:54 AM
Launching!

LS1 Fbody > LS4 Wbody

LS1GTO > LS4 Wbody

Stock LS4's are not hitting 13's like the Fbody and GTO are.
I think your missing the point of the LS4.
LS4 > LS1 F-body / GTO IF:
your needs are to have a daily driver
You load kids in and out daily
You like the sleeper effect
You want to pay a ton less for performance brakes and suspension (gxp)stock
I guess the list goes on and on.

it's all in what you need the car for.

If picking on LS4 guys is what you like to do. You could have way more fun with the Honda boys and ricers alike.

"No Hope" Not singling you out. Just using your quote for the reference between the goat, t/a, camaro, etc.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by rm08gxp
I think your missing the point of the LS4.
LS4 > LS1 F-body / GTO IF:
your needs are to have a daily driver
You load kids in and out daily
You like the sleeper effect
You want to pay a ton less for performance brakes and suspension (gxp)stock
I guess the list goes on and on.

it's all in what you need the car for.

If picking on LS4 guys is what you like to do. You could have way more fun with the Honda boys and ricers alike.

"No Hope" Not singling you out. Just using your quote for the reference between the goat, t/a, camaro, etc.
Did you read the end of my quote? Stock LS4's are not hitting 13's. This LS1 Fbody is greater than LS4 Wbody is based on speed alone. LS1 Fbody > LS4 Wbody because it's FASTER. I wasn't comparing the ergonomics, the fuel economy, the space, the comfort level, none of that, just speed. Capiche?
Old 03-31-2013, 03:13 PM
TECH Regular

Did you read the end of my quote? Stock LS4's are not hitting 13's. This LS1 Fbody is greater than LS4 Wbody is based on speed alone. LS1 Fbody > LS4 Wbody because it's FASTER. I wasn't comparing the ergonomics, the fuel economy, the space, the comfort level, none of that, just speed. Capiche?
Who says stock LS4s aren't hitting 13s? I believe the fastest stock LS4 went 13.6. For a street race I'm sure the F-body would win almost every time. But it wouldn't be a slaughter, it would be more like a few feet.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Who says stock LS4s aren't hitting 13s? I believe the fastest stock LS4 went 13.6. For a street race I'm sure the F-body would win almost every time. But it wouldn't be a slaughter, it would be more like a few feet.
And the fastest stock LS1 went 12.7. That's more than a few feet, and yes, that's a slaughter.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:21 PM
On The Tree

Just since I am reading this I figured I could chime in. Last night I raced an LS1 firebird from about a 15 mph roll to around 70. I don't know his mods, if any, but I find it hard to believe he would be cruising in a car like that and have it be completely bone stock. He was alone, I had two people in my car. My mods are a diablo tune, cai, shift kit, and some mufflers slapped on. It was the most even race of my life, and I drive one of the heavy LS4's. We pulled though enough to realize nobody was moving at all. No disrespect to Firebirds because unlike you, I actually don't have beef with people who have basically the same engine under the hood as me, but they are not as fast as you lead yourself to believe.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:10 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Cory1750
Just since I am reading this I figured I could chime in. Last night I raced an LS1 firebird from about a 15 mph roll to around 70. I don't know his mods, if any, but I find it hard to believe he would be cruising in a car like that and have it be completely bone stock. He was alone, I had two people in my car. My mods are a diablo tune, cai, shift kit, and some mufflers slapped on. It was the most even race of my life, and I drive one of the heavy LS4's. We pulled though enough to realize nobody was moving at all. No disrespect to Firebirds because unlike you, I actually don't have beef with people who have basically the same engine under the hood as me, but they are not as fast as you lead yourself to believe.
Exactly this. I raced a GTO from 15 upto about 110-115 and it was basically neck and neck. I was stock other than mufflers and a CAI and he looked stock from the looks and sounds of it. Sure the F-bodies weigh less but I don't think 200lbs makes a huge difference. Their 0-60 is rated .3s faster than an LS4 which on the street is negligible IMO.

I guess what I'm getting at is I expect LS1's to be faster than an LS4 because they displace .4L more, weigh less, and are RWD. But they're really not THAT much faster stock for stock. I would expect them to steadily pull on an LS4 but they just don't. At least not that I have seen.

Last edited by lVloses; 03-31-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:56 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, this thread took off.

Look, google it, The LS1 Fbody made 305 hp (the later years with the upgraded cam made 310 hp) The C5 Corvette's with the LS1 made 350 hp. They had different tuning, exhaust, etc. I know, everyone believes their Fbosy has the Corvette engine It's not just the engine that determines power output.

As far as the discussion regarding being underrated, sure its possible, but each dyno differs and I don't know of enough LS4 dyno's to say that they are spot on, under or over rated. So, the only reasonable assumption is that GM underrated all of their rides. By that we could assume the LS4 cars make more than advertised.

My wife's 02 Z28 auto was bone stock except an intake (SLP lid) and dyno'd 286 to the rear wheels on a Mustang Dyno. Consider it is supposed to be 310 at the crank, thats reasonable. Right behind me in line was a basically new 05 Mustang GT with intake, exhaust, and tune. Maybe more, but that is all I remember. It was a stick and made 263 at the wheels. I remember because all of his buddies gave him hell about an older stock Camaro making more power. Does that mean I could take him in any race? Nope.

I have been in planty of quick runs on the street. Give how much difference good tires can make, reaction time, what speed you run from, road condition, and the drivers ability, etc.....less than 50 hp differences are nothing. This is all I was saying when I said it was a drivers race. If you don't believe it, head out to the races sometime and pick the winner of each race based on hp rating alone and see if you are 100%. We will ignore this thing called torque for this discussion. I have take a new Lexus ISF from a traffic light. Those make about 100 hp more than the Camaro. It happens all the time. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I keep very good tires on my cars.

We aren't trying to say that the GXP / Impala SS / Monte Carlo SS is always better in all conditions. However, I wouldn't say the Fbody is better either. I own both. My wife and I drive both. My comments were from our experiences. We aren't selling either and like them both. Those are our opinions. Take them of leave them. I am not trying to convince you to sell your car and by an LS4 car.

Sheesh....can this die already.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Look, google it, The LS1 Fbody made 305 hp (the later years with the upgraded cam made 310 hp) The C5 Corvette's with the LS1 made 350 hp. They had different tuning, exhaust, etc. I know, everyone believes their Fbosy has the Corvette engine It's not just the engine that determines power output.

As far as the discussion regarding being underrated, sure its possible, but each dyno differs and I don't know of enough LS4 dyno's to say that they are spot on, under or over rated. So, the only reasonable assumption is that GM underrated all of their rides. By that we could assume the LS4 cars make more than advertised.

My wife's 02 Z28 auto was bone stock except an intake (SLP lid) and dyno'd 286 to the rear wheels on a Mustang Dyno. Consider it is supposed to be 310 at the crank, thats reasonable. Right behind me in line was a basically new 05 Mustang GT with intake, exhaust, and tune. Maybe more, but that is all I remember. It was a stick and made 263 at the wheels. I remember because all of his buddies gave him hell about an older stock Camaro making more power. Does that mean I could take him in any race? Nope.

I have been in planty of quick runs on the street. Give how much difference good tires can make, reaction time, what speed you run from, road condition, and the drivers ability, etc.....less than 50 hp differences are nothing. This is all I was saying when I said it was a drivers race. If you don't believe it, head out to the races sometime and pick the winner of each race based on hp rating alone and see if you are 100%. We will ignore this thing called torque for this discussion. I have take a new Lexus ISF from a traffic light. Those make about 100 hp more than the Camaro. It happens all the time. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I keep very good tires on my cars.

We aren't trying to say that the GXP / Impala SS / Monte Carlo SS is always better in all conditions. However, I wouldn't say the Fbody is better either. I own both. My wife and I drive both. My comments were from our experiences. We aren't selling either and like them both. Those are our opinions. Take them of leave them. I am not trying to convince you to sell your car and by an LS4 car.

You're an idiot for believing that. Read it and weep:

Old 03-31-2013, 07:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

An automatic will have a 15-19% drive train loss. Guess what 15-19% of 350 is? 52-66. Guess what happens when you take 52-66 from 350? You get 284-298. And you said your car dynos at 286, so yeah, right in the middle there.

The 2005 Mustang GT is rated at 300HP. Manuals have less drive train loss, about 12%, and from the numbers I'm going to presume that Mustang was a 5 speed manual. Guess what 12% of 300 is? 36. Guess what happens when you take 36 from 300? You get 264, which is right at what that Mustang dynoed.

Capiche?
Old 03-31-2013, 08:23 PM
On The Tree

What exactly is this guy trying to prove again? That F bodies are faster? Because I am pretty sure nobody here actually gives a ****.
And I already told you I raced one less than 24 hours ago and it went nowhere, but you seem to have ignored that part. I assume you have never seen an LS4 even hit the gas in person.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

What exactly is this guy trying to prove again? That F bodies are faster? Because I am pretty sure nobody here actually gives a ****.
And I already told you I raced one less than 24 hours ago and it went nowhere, but you seem to have ignored that part. I assume you have never seen an LS4 even hit the gas in person.
Read along noob, it's not hard.

An LS4 hitting the gas would still be a full second behind an LS1 in the 1/4. I don't remember any stock LS4's hitting 13 flat in the 1/4.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:34 PM
On The Tree

Read along noob, it's not hard.

An LS4 hitting the gas would still be a full second behind an LS1 in the 1/4. I don't remember any stock LS4's hitting 13 flat in the 1/4.
That's wonderful and all, but these aren't even comparable cars. They are a different class of vehicle. I have a job that requires 60 miles of driving 6 days a week, so its a good car for that. If I was 16 years old and was trying to pick up the ladies after baseball practice an F body would be the perfect ride.

Anyway grow up and stop coming to the LS4 forum please. I really doubt you would like it if the Corvette guys came into your forum and just started pointlessly bashing your car even though they have completely different purposes.

And way to use the word noob.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

That's wonderful and all, but these aren't even comparable cars. They are a different class of vehicle. I have a job that requires 60 miles of driving 6 days a week, so its a good car for that. If I was 16 years old and was trying to pick up the ladies after baseball practice an F body would be the perfect ride.

Anyway grow up and stop coming to the LS4 forum please. I really doubt you would like it if the Corvette guys came into your forum and just started pointlessly bashing your car even though they have completely different purposes.

And way to use the word noob.
Ya think? If you would READ along like I had suggested maybe you would realize that's what I've been trying to prove to the people on this thread for the past few pages. People think their LS4 Wbody is just as fast as an LS1 Fbody.

If you were 16 you would pick up ladies after baseball practice? What are you trying to get at through that anecdote? You seem a little off the mark in suggesting people who own an Fbody are doing it for the sex appeal, do I detect jealousy here?
Old 03-31-2013, 08:45 PM
On The Tree

Ya think? If you would READ along like I had suggested maybe you would realize that's what I've been trying to prove to the people on this thread for the past few pages. People think their LS4 Wbody is just as fast as an LS1 Fbody.

If you were 16 you would pick up ladies after baseball practice? What are you trying to get at through that anecdote? You seem a little off the mark in suggesting people who own an Fbody are doing it for the sex appeal, do I detect jealousy here?
No I am trying to say it is for 16 year olds. But that was just to **** you off because you are acting like a child.

You had nothing to prove coming into this forum. There is virtually no reason for you to read anything posted here.

Quick Reply: 2006 Impala SS VS 2011 Mustang V6