LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

First time poster getting an 06 ss monte

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 04:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First time poster getting an 06 ss monte

Hey guys im getting an 06 monte carlo ss today it is used with 108k miles and i will be doing all of the preventive maintenance for it just wondering what mods i should do first besides the tranny cooler which will get done very soon after i get some money put aside? and just wondering general things to watch out for in these cars. not used to have a fwd vehicle but at this moment this car looked very good. Ill be posting pics up as soon as i get it home and get everything done to it i can.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:24 PM
Launching!

Make sure you have an extra 4k put away at time of buying. At 108k, if it hasn't been replaced, chances are it will need to be soon.

Good luck.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Model16
Make sure you have an extra 4k put away at time of buying. At 108k, if it hasn't been replaced, chances are it will need to be soon.

Good luck.
Quoted for truth.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:06 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Congrats man!!! and Welcome!!

save up for the tranny if it's the original one, like the others have said... and you'll want to replace the plugs and wires if they haven't been yet...

and honestly, i'm not a firm believer in a tranny cooler making a difference... I don't have the additional tranny cooler on mine and I had my original stock tranny til about 100,000 miles, and I don't baby the car either...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 11-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Staging Lane

ill have my transmission guy look at the trans. this car has really been babied dude that owned it took very good care of the car and no pics until i can figure out how to get them on the site because it is failing every time no matter what i do

Last edited by SatanBob; 11-06-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:12 AM
Teching In

after 3hours of reading through threads this has just made me not want to buy one of these. I already have a 06' GTO that eating up all my money. Was going to buy one of these for a DD. It's a shame that you guys have had all these trans issues because I was really looking into buy one in a few weeks.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gotjuice78
after 3hours of reading through threads this has just made me not want to buy one of these. I already have a 06' GTO that eating up all my money. Was going to buy one of these for a DD. It's a shame that you guys have had all these trans issues because I was really looking into buy one in a few weeks.
1. This fixes the trans issues at a reasonable price.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls4-perfo...e-project.html

2. After that your left with one of the best DD on the road.

1. Fact. 2. Maybe opinion?
Old 11-08-2012, 07:16 PM
Teching In

Congrats!! Nice ride!
Old 11-09-2012, 04:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SatanBob
ill have my transmission guy look at the trans. this car has really been babied dude that owned it took very good care of the car and no pics until i can figure out how to get them on the site because it is failing every time no matter what i do
Yeah so was mine, owned by a very old guy who owned a landscaping company and would drive it to check on his guys, I guess.

Im not trying to be a big dick, im just telling you what I wish someone told me when I was getting the car.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by gotjuice78

Having a GTO myself, I have the GXP as a DD and at 102k, the tranny was changed at 60k and it still feels good. Even if it were to go, you upgrade the internals and you are golden. The engine is bullet-proof and the car looks bad azz. Its a good compliment to the GTO.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:06 PM
Staging Lane

well for one i didnt get told who owned it i personally knew him and was a neighbor. he didnt get on it and be a retard. its going to the trans shop monday to get fluid and filter and a once thru.

Quick Reply: First time poster getting an 06 ss monte