LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Best street Performance tire??

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 12:49 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hazards280
I had Mich Pilot Sport A/S Plus's and they were amazing in the summer.
How have these held up for you? I put a set of these on my wife's Z28. They started chunking tread at about 10k miles when they were barely a year old. There was a recall for it in certain sizes. When I contacted Michelin they basically told me I must have done something. I asked if they would stand behind the tire if it failed and caused an accident. They told me they would call me back.

Then I went to Discount Tire where I bought them. They had not seen this at their store, but had heard about it. The checked and recall did not cover the size I had. I am not sure why size would matter. They said they are probably fine, but they would defect warranty them. I went with some BFG Super Sport A/S and was surprised that the traction was much better. They were significantly cheaper and came with a treadwear warranty. We get a ton of rain in Houston and the BFG's have been awesome wet and dry. I just wish they made them in the size I want for the GXP.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LeadfootDuramax
How have these held up for you? I put a set of these on my wife's Z28. They started chunking tread at about 10k miles when they were barely a year old. There was a recall for it in certain sizes. When I contacted Michelin they basically told me I must have done something. I asked if they would stand behind the tire if it failed and caused an accident. They told me they would call me back.

They were going for me. I would have gotten maybe two years out of them and I drive about 14,000 miles per year. I was actually told by discount tire that all warrantys wouldn't apply because of the nature of the car (Not being able to rotate tires at all). I sold the GXP before I could tell you how well they were at the end of their lives.

Quick Reply: Best street Performance tire??