LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

What mods have you installed this year?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 10:37 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default What mods have you installed this year?

It started when i traded in my mildly modded 97 GTP for a beautiful 06 GXP june this year. the first weekend i installed a RV size transmission cooler, Had the resonator and ubend deleted, and ordered the Diablo sport intune tuner. I kind of wish i would i coulda felt how the car felt stock but, **** it. lol.
list of mods done since then
3'DP full 3' mandrel exhaust Aero 3030 muffler with 3' cherrybomb

ZZP Tubular LCA's GMPP Front sway bar, All poly sway bar bushings and shorter endlinks with SSC springs.

Custom poly filled factory engine mounts With shortened dogbone with poly bushings.

4'FWI ported TB, catch cans installed as well.

HP tuners

custom grilles and LED taillights.

heres a couple of pics and vids of the latest

This is with the Aero turbine muffler i had it installed where the cat used to be cause well there was no room anywhere else lol awesome muffler though and zero drone i originally just had the 3' system with the cherry bomb sounded like a truck and droned like crazy the aero was the perfect addon
heres what it sounded like before

and some pics of the exterior and sway bar install and more updated battery relocation pics enjoy and please comment and share what you did.

for 2012-----
LS6 ported intake thats been collecting dust--
Headers (hopefully)
cam
TEP valvebody upgrade

THanks for looking and happy holidays to you guys
Old 12-19-2012, 12:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LS1Tech 10 Year

Nice! My list is far smaller ... K&N cone filter, Thrush welded mufflers, ZZP shift kit, HP Tuners. In the next few months it'll get a ported LS2 intake, some WBO2 tuning, tires, and maybe a downpipe.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice car. I have thought about relocating the battery to the trunk, but keeping the weight up front is better for traction, and I like having trunk space.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by DavidGXP
Very nice car. I have thought about relocating the battery to the trunk, but keeping the weight up front is better for traction, and I like having trunk space.
The optima redtop sits perfectly under the wood panel where the "spare tire" goes so no loss of truck space plus i don't see how it helps noticeably with traction imo
Old 12-20-2012, 12:51 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 91parkave
The optima redtop sits perfectly under the wood panel where the "spare tire" goes so no loss of truck space plus i don't see how it helps noticeably with traction imo
A great place to install the battery. Pics?
Old 12-20-2012, 07:51 PM

The factory tire inflator even fits perfectly as well minus the foam bullshit around it. All perfectly under the wood I'll take some more updated pics if u need battery box is from wal-mart

Last edited by 91parkave; 12-20-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Do you happen to have any pics of you fwi setup? Or another thread that shows anything about it?

Haven't installed much this year but I have a gxp brake setup in the garage and a non intercooled cartuning kit sitting in the closet.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:16 PM
12 Second Club

The factory tire inflator even fits perfectly as well minus the foam bullshit around it. All perfectly under the wood I'll take some more updated pics if u need battery box is from wal-mart
We're good thanks!
Old 12-20-2012, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by BlackImpSS
Do you happen to have any pics of you fwi setup? Or another thread that shows anything about it?

Haven't installed much this year but I have a gxp brake setup in the garage and a non intercooled cartuning kit sitting in the closet.

I have a 4' setup filter sits high up in the fender to keep from water ingestion in heavy rain especially because I made new DRL/turn signals so that hole is now open. I used roof flashing and half of a bucket to house the 7' long filter so it acts like a box but doesn't suck in ANY hot air from the engine bay.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have a 4' setup filter sits high up in the fender to keep from water ingestion in heavy rain especially because I made new DRL/turn signals so that hole is now open. I used roof flashing and half of a bucket to house the 7' long filter so it acts like a box but doesn't suck in ANY hot air from the engine bay.
Thanks, hopefully when I install the cartuning kit I can find a way to move the filter off of the turbo. That's why I was curious where you had yours sitting.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:52 PM
Teching In

How much better are the LCA's and sway bar over stock? Would you do them again?
Old 12-21-2012, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by JonnyBuell
How much better are the LCA's and sway bar over stock? Would you do them again?
I love the overall stifness and responsivness however that relationship works both ways..really shitty roads can cause vibrations that make your *** pucker. but Its definatley a worthwile upgrade.

Quick Reply: What mods have you installed this year?