LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

2006 mcss

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 05:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 mcss

I am lazy and don't want to look through 33 pages for the problems I am having. Sorry.

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 5.3L V8
no modifications

First,
Displacement on Demand is not functioning. Currently stuck in 8-Cylinder mode (honestly, I can deal with that as long as there are no bad things that will happen to it if it runs like that). Too much information to sift through and I am not techie enough to understand it.

Second,
Getting a P0521 error code (oil pressure sensor, gonna pay someone to fix that for me). Although it seems like my engine is going through oil at an not quite alarming rate. Definitely using more oil than my WS6 ever did.

Third,
Also getting a P1629 error. Theft Fuel Enable - incorrect/no signal. According to the information I have read, the car should not start at all, however, remote works and the key starts the car. Remote start does not. Tried reprogramming the remote and that didn't work either.

So any suggestions and/or ideas would be welcome.

Thanks for your input.

PatS
Old 01-25-2013, 05:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I disabled DOD with my tuner so mine always runs on 8 cyl with no issues what so ever.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:02 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PatS
I am lazy and don't want to look through 33 pages for the problems I am having. Sorry.

no modifications

First,
Displacement on Demand is not functioning. Currently stuck in 8-Cylinder mode (honestly, I can deal with that as long as there are no bad things that will happen to it if it runs like that). Too much information to sift through and I am not techie enough to understand it.

Second,
Getting a P0521 error code (oil pressure sensor, gonna pay someone to fix that for me). Although it seems like my engine is going through oil at an not quite alarming rate. Definitely using more oil than my WS6 ever did.

Third,
Also getting a P1629 error. Theft Fuel Enable - incorrect/no signal. According to the information I have read, the car should not start at all, however, remote works and the key starts the car. Remote start does not. Tried reprogramming the remote and that didn't work either.

Thanks for your input.

PatS
Your first problem is probably a result of the second problem, since oil pressure is critical for DOD operation the PCM deactivates it to keep from damaging the lifters w/improper oil pressure.
on the P1629 id go to the dealership and get to the exact problem. no clue on that one
Old 01-25-2013, 07:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the help guys.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PatS

no modifications

First,
This is due to the check engine light, saftey feature

Second,
This is a common problem, under a hundred dollar sensor from your dealer. You can easily change it yourself.

Third,
P1629 is an indicator that the challenge response was not recieved within the 2 second requirement.This does not necessarly indicate a fault is present with the TDM or ECM. Factors such as a long engine crank, a delay in the serial data communication, or B-codes set in the TDM will cause P1629 to appear. This DTC should not be used as a fault indicator, but to assist in the diagnosis.
AGAIN the remote start will not function with the check engine light

Thanks for your input.

PatS
As for the burning oil/ oil loss there is a known problem with these engines running in V4 mode
BUY an inTUNE or Trinity and turn off DOD/AFM
SEAFOAM the engine crankcase then change the oil and put new ngkTR6IX plugs in it, and clean your induction system.

Quick Reply: 2006 mcss